Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 28, 2014, 02:29:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327544 Posts in 13410 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Anime, TV, and Movies
| | |-+  Brüno ...
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Brüno ...  (Read 3822 times)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: July 11, 2009, 12:05:07 AM »

I just got back from seeing Brüno.

I am absolutely speechless.

.......................I'll come back later with more to say. Anyone else see it? Leave comments, I'll be recovering.

OKAY ONE THING I"LL SAY BEFORE GOING TO BED >>>>> I SAW A PENIS-HOLE SPEAK THE WORD "BRUNO" ........ WTF!

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »

I'm going to try my hardest to go see it tomorrow.

Talking penis-holes are the best... remember the episode of South Park where the mouse with a penis growing out of its back sings at the moon?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 12:20:10 AM »

This movie was so....wow. What the fuck.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Azrael

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 01:35:14 AM »

Well...though no one has commented on how good it is this topic has pretty much sealed the deal for me not seeing this movie.  I honestly never liked the Bruno character anyway.
Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 06:56:54 AM »

Yeah, I'm in two minds about this one. The Bruno sketches back in the day were never that great.

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 02:17:50 PM »

My favorite Sacha Baron Cohen character will always be Ali G.

I approve of this nonsense!
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 10:40:08 PM »

My favorite humor has always been humor that comes from making fun and screwing with other people, so I should love this. I'll wait to get it on DVD or Bluray though to see if they add the Janet Jackson stuff they cut out.
Myau
Yeeeaaah!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 12:48:28 AM »

I'm going with Deg on this. Since Bruno was of course brought in for the American Ali G series, it's more attuned to American humour than either Ali G or Borat (at least originally). I didn't enjoy the Borat film as much the segments, so I have no reason to believe I would enjoy Bruno.

So where's my new Ali G series? Has Sacha Baron Cohen imploded his career in the British isles in the same way Hugh Laurie (and a certain MD from New Jersey he plays) has? :(

Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 09:28:16 AM »

My favorite humor has always been humor that comes from making fun and screwing with other people, so I should love this.

And I'm exactly the opposite.  The only thing I've ever been interested in seeing that included Mr. Cohen was Sweeney Todd (the movie version with Johnny Depp).  I totally get that some people need to get down off of their high horse, but this kind of stuff isn't going to help.  The people who will see this show and like it already agree with his position and like making fun of people, and the people who don't agree with his position won't like it, whether they like making fun of people or not. 

Besides that, what good did it do anyone for him to humiliate jerks?  The ones who have a staff are just going to fire the idiot who booked the interview and do their best to see that person's career ruined for it, and the ones who don't are just going to be pissed off.  No one's going to change because of this, not the people who got humiliated, and not the people who look up to them, either.  In fact, the most likely outcome is that they'll become more militant in their beliefs.  "Well, if the gay agenda is going to be like that, then I'm totally right to hate them."  Stupid.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 11:59:09 AM »

I loved it.

I admire how the man, no matter what horrid situation, was able to stay in character (like when he was getting beaten to fuck with a belt buckle).

Not as funny as Borat, but certainly more jaw dropping.  Its wild, its crazy, and it exploits.  My only main criticism lies with the fact, like Borat, aims to ridicule Southern States more than anything. 

....How the fuck he was able to get Ron Paul to agree to an interview is beyond me.  The focus group made me watery eyed in laughter, and Bruno's Middle East trip made me wonder how he came out alive.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 11:14:44 PM »

Okay, judging from the reactions on here, this is a "don't wait for it, even though it would be fine to watch on DVD" movie. Maybe I'll go tomorrow.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 09:41:44 AM »

....How the fuck he was able to get Ron Paul to agree to an interview is beyond me.

That really made me wonder, too.  Wasn't Ron Paul supposed to be a guy who was really in touch with stuff?  Using the internet, blah blah blah?

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2009, 01:02:48 PM »

Yeah, that movie was ridiculous.

The only funny parts was seeing everyone's expressions/reactions whenever Bruno was doing something insane.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2009, 05:28:17 PM »

....How the fuck he was able to get Ron Paul to agree to an interview is beyond me.

That really made me wonder, too.  Wasn't Ron Paul supposed to be a guy who was really in touch with stuff?  Using the internet, blah blah blah?

Um...they lied. Since Brüno was Austrian, they (Sacha Baren Cohen's managers) told Ron Paul that there was this Austrian guy that wanted to discuss politics and the economy with him. Given that Ron Paul is an open supporter of the Austrian model of economics (he mentions this ALL the time), he went thinking he was going to be having a discussion with a serious person.

It's clear from the moment he arrived that he was in over his head, but subsequent radio and text interviews with RP that touch on the situation suggest that RP thought "well this is a weird European guy, but I'll answer his questions." But then...well, you know what happens. "HE'S QUEER AS THE BLAZES!"

I admire how the man, no matter what horrid situation, was able to stay in character (like when he was getting beaten to fuck with a belt buckle).

I also admire this. His ability to fully take on and create these outrageous characters is a fantastic skill.

Degolas

sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk sickforbrains200@yahoo.co.uk
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 10:11:58 AM »

I saw this last night.

I quite enjoyed it, certainly better than I expected. The humour's just so fucked up that it made up for all the other shortcomings :P

I had a stupid dream
that I could change things.

Check out my YouTube videos!: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Degolas
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: