Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 01:23:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340871 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  New Mechwarrior Announced!!!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: New Mechwarrior Announced!!!  (Read 1167 times)
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 13, 2009, 08:00:29 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/debut-trailer-mechwarrior/52620

http://pc.ign.com/articles/100/1002275p1.html 

Interview link with the creator of battletech is in the link above.

I've very excited about this, I've played all the mechwarrior games and this is dream come true. First starcraft 2 and now mechwarrior. Not to mention Final Fantasy 13 will be out soon enough. I'll be pretty busy soon. :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:04:49 PM by bigdeath » Logged
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »

I'm surprised rifleman's in it...

Anyway, I wish they'd make more Mechwarrior games like Mechwarrior 1. Big, open-ended, and with heavy adventure game elements. MW2: Mercenaries was sort of close but it suffered from Daggerfall syndrome -- crappy random missions and buggy as hell. MW4: M was a lot closer I thought.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 09:33:49 AM »

Dude, you shouldn't go toe-to-toe with the Atlas at short range. Everyone knows it's long range arsenal is weak, just back pedal and use the Warhammer's superior long range weapons. Amateurs.

All geeking aside, I would love to see a computer game based on the Battletech war game rule set, like MechWar but developed commercially with a single player campaign and updated rules.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 04:40:58 PM »

It's not based on it, but Titans of Steel: warring suns seems like it pretty much rips it off lock, stock, and barrol.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:16 PM »

It's not based on it, but Titans of Steel: warring suns seems like it pretty much rips it off lock, stock, and barrol.

Holy cow! The problem is, after reading about it, there seems to be a number of mechanics differences between the Battletech system and Titans of Steel (although it is definitely a knock off). I wish it adhered exactly to the rules so that my vast knowledge of Battletech rules wouldn't be wasted - and I wouldn't have to bother learning a new system. That being said, Titans of Steel looks great.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: