Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2014, 10:00:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334707 Posts in 13708 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Church is FUCKEN Awesome now!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: Church is FUCKEN Awesome now!!!!!  (Read 12743 times)
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2009, 11:00:53 AM »

i'm not sure where i stand on the reparation thing but.... i do know native americans got reservations,and japaneese americans that were placed in internment camps during WW2 got reparations. meanwhile i wouldn't be surprised if somewhere down the line someone on my family tree was lynched.
Reparations should only be paid to people who were directly affected by an action, in my opinion. If you want to give everyone who was fucked over by America reparations, that means any non-white person can demand it.

Last I checked, the Irish were white, as are a majority of jews. Reparations aren't the answer, though, but neither is expecting that everyone born into shitty situations is Horatio Alger. Hand up, not hand out.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2009, 05:37:37 PM »

Allow me to add some more irritants into the cauldron then.

We're all servants of God and slaves to him, so the Earth in its entirety doesn't mean jack shit anyway. yeehaw

EXHIBIT A: Dude, at this point you're just being a troll. TEXT Yes, that makes sense. Slavishness however, is not that spirit.

EXHIBIT B: I've encountered enough people who use slave to meant good servant. But there is a very big problem with that: A slave is property. It is a material possession, with no free will nor rights of its own.
EXHIBIT C: Even from a literalist point of view as regards the Bible, this is a problem. Firstly because God grants humanity free will, secondly because there is repeated rejection of materialism, and because the entire role of the Christ is to make human beings aware of treating one another with an equal, loving, and just spirit.

EXHIBIT D: You don't inhabit any of those qualities, and haven't for years now.
EXHIBIT E: I've seen you go from a pretty sensible if outspoken human being to someone obsessed with being controversial. Get a damned grip on yourself and address who you are both mentally and spiritually.

POINT A: Being a troll? Oh gee, sorry if stating an opinion on an internet message board is considered trolling in your eyes. It states plain as day in the Bible, the one you're talking about in this post, that humans are servants to God. It's up to an individual to believe that, of course, I'm just saying that's what it states. I said nothing further on it, so quit being a cryass about semantics just to look intelligent.

POINT B: And I've encountered enough black people as stated earlier, to make me hesitant and apprehensive around them. That doesn't make it right, and "I know people who think this way so the way you think doesn't count" is the most pathetic vie at making a point I've ever seen. I said right off the bat, my apprehensiveness is pretty wrong and not cool, but that's how I am based off events that have occurred in my life. Further, I'm curious as to what dictionary you're using, that you decided to follow its exact definition to act like a dick about it. Boo hoo this dictionary (a book) says this means this. Well this bible (another book) says this means this blah blah blah. Again, get over it.

Servant ≠ Slave

I don't talk about absurdly deep Buddhist-related things, as I don't know about them, nor do I practice them. If you're gonna start telling me what my own religion states, then you're just being a hypocrite about this entire post. Just sayin'.

POINT C: That's the "entire role" of Christ, eh? Okay! You sure know your stuff. I couldn't possibly respond to that with 30,000 pages of text-walls proving it entirely wrong. But that's boring, I'll let you think you're right because as much fun as I'm having right now, that would just get plain boring. Allow me to condense:

Christ's role was to save humanity from their own self-demise, and one of the ways he did this was to be a role model for what you've stated above. That, however, was not his "entire" role. Again, I don't talk about Buddhism, because I know I'd look like I don't know what I'm talking about. Fancy that, huh.

POINT D: You're going on this whole thing talking about Christ and religion, and then you go and do what? I dunno, let's use your fun game of dictionaries to find out, y'know... just for fun!

judge  [juhj] noun, verb, judged, judg⋅ing.

–verb (used with object)
to pass legal judgment on; pass sentence on (a person): The court judged him guilty.
to hear evidence or legal arguments in (a case) in order to pass judgment; adjudicate; try: The Supreme Court is judging that case.
to form a judgment or opinion of; decide upon critically: You can't judge a book by its cover.
to decide or settle authoritatively; adjudge: The censor judged the book obscene and forbade its sale.
to infer, think, or hold as an opinion; conclude about or assess: He judged her to be correct.
to make a careful guess about; estimate: We judged the distance to be about four miles.
(of the ancient Hebrew judges) to govern.

Wow, that's crazy right there huh. It would seem you judged me right there, which is hilarious since you've had rather nil contact with me as of these last few "years" you claim to have knowledge of me, my actions, and my life. Further, since we're in a whole debacle about Christianity and Christ and God. Let's see two cool ones, shall we?

Romans 2
God's Righteous Judgment
 1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things. 2Now we know that God's judgment against those who do such things is based on truth. 3So when you, a mere man, pass judgment on them and yet do the same things, do you think you will escape God's judgment? 4Or do you show contempt for the riches of his kindness, tolerance and patience, not realizing that God's kindness leads you toward repentance?
 5But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God's wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed. 6God "will give to each person according to what he has done."[a] 7To those who by persistence in doing good seek glory, honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. 8But for those who are self-seeking and who reject the truth and follow evil, there will be wrath and anger.

Matthew 7:3-5 (New King James Version)
3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye
That's pretty crazy huh? Allow me, again, to summarize all this:

God judges a human when their life is at its end, not before. Any human claiming judgement over another man prior to this time asserts himself to be above a Divine being. Personally, I'm pretty cool just being a human who fucks up and feels remorse when he sincerely thinks he has done wrong. But wait, no, you're God apparently and your judgement is that I don't have any remorse or sensibility, or any semblance of a good person? Thanks Mark, I'm so enlightened now.

POINT E: THE INTERNET IS SERIOUS BUSINESS SOUND THE ALARMS THERE'S CONTROVERSIAL TEXT ON MY SCREEN!!!!!!
Are you for real? If people can't talk about the down-and-dirty on a subject, we might as well be sitting in a sixth grade class room being moderated by a teacher. I was under the impression a discussion entailed all sides of a given subject matter, including the bottom side where all the moss, dirt, and insects nest. All I'm doing is pointing it out, as I feel ignoring sides to a story is nothing but ignorance. But, if you want to take that as "trolling" or "being a dick," feel free too. Strange, I thought Buddhism was all about expanding the mind and being accepting of others, wasn't it? But then again, if it's not, I probably look just like you right now...

Like a fucking asshole.

Anyway:
most amazing image ever

Beyond amazing since I often tell people I summarize the entirety of the Bible with those exact words. Though, I do addendum it with the simple fact God says an Eye for an Eye, and there's Psalms 18 that directly state God gives vengeance to men, at times, when it's needed. So the whole hoot'n'anny about "Let God get revenge" is tripe bullshit. It's plain as day to me, anyway. I mean fuck, look at Samson, that dude used to just get up ons, shout really loud (anime's origins...!) and do something badass while God made him invincible and stronger than a thousand horses.

No, that's real shit, look it up. God gave men the ability to rule over those who God deems unjust, and set them straight. But why did it come to physical blows? Simple. Some people only respond to getting their asses kicked and can't be reasoned with using words alone. So, God told Samson "yo, go kill they ass, they fucked up."

PS: The Bible does not say swearing is immoral or wrong or a sin.
If you wish to discuss anything related to Bibliography or Christianity, please feel free to, because I'll teach you some crazy shit about how it says boobs are awesome as long as they're your wife's, and how it promotes humans to have sex and claims it's only sinful with certain people.

In other words, fuck all that noise and blah blah blah specific details about everything. Here's a crazy idea, now, bear with me, because I don't know if you've ever seen this pearls of radiant wisdom before, are you ready?

Hey, Mark, guess what? Don't be a dick.

Pray tell, Mr. High-and-Mighty who apparently knows my life, where did I begin my fall from the walk of God and into this apparent vortex of sin and disgrace? I believe you said it was a few years ago. Could you point out where you hid all the cameras in my room to know this? I'd love to find them so I can do strip shows for you and such.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2009, 06:50:40 PM »

Why am I reminded of that episode of DuckTales where these vegetable aliens were enslaving beings from other planets and ended up capturing Duckworth (Scrooge's butler) and the boys.  The majority of that episode was the conflict that the aliens perceived Duckworth as a "servant/slave" on his own planet yet was decrying the aliens' tactics of "borrowing" workers from other planets as cruel slavery.  Sure it all got resolved in the end (over a glass of onion tea and finding a new planet for the plant aliens to inhabit) but it was a good episode. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Kizeshiro129
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2009, 08:43:03 AM »

are yuo guys also Japanese??? I am also Japonic Chinese although I was born in North Korea.....I'm Anglican by the way.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »

We're all servants of God and slaves to him, so the Earth in its entirety doesn't mean jack shit anyway. yeehaw

Ahahahaha. So retarded.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »

are yuo guys also Japanese??? I am also Japonic Chinese although I was born in North Korea.....I'm Anglican by the way.

Huh?  What's this supposed to mean?  What does ethnicity have to do with religion?  With Christianity being the most widespread religion worldwide, there are tons of ethnic groups who comprise the Christian constituent.  For example, in southern India there's been a VERY strong Christian community for a long time. 

Which leads me to ponder another aspect of this megachurch that started this whole thread.  Is this something that we would only see in America?  It seems that way to me.  It's interesting how a single religion is viewed within various cultural contexts.  Take Samoa for example, a heavily Christian nation.  They're Christian, yet still hold onto their ancient cultural belief in the third gender (the "ladyboy" if you will.)  And in Samoa, if a boy loses his virginity to a ladyboy, it is not considered an act of sodomy/homosexuality.  So I wonder also, those Americans who are anti-Christianity- would their viewpoint on that religion be softened upon seeing it in a different cultural context?  Is it that "hating Christianity" really translates to "hating American Christianity?" 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Kizeshiro129
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2009, 02:07:27 AM »

Christianity is now banned in North Korea.............and I am half-North Korean.
Sensei Phoenix

Sensei+Phoenix
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »

Christianity is now banned in North Korea.............and I am half-North Korean.

Lots of things are banned in North Korea, all hail Our Dear Leader, Kim Jong Troll Doll.

DIGIBOOTY AHOY!
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 12:13:29 PM »

Ahahahaha. So retarded.
What are you trying to do here, exactly?
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 12:55:44 PM »

It would appear I was laughing gleefully at a terrible post on a message board.

Earth-2.net is a website where I occasionally type words about entertaining pieces of media.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 11:17:32 PM »

Oh, I see. My apologies, I forgot in Dumbass Land, the internet is in fact, serious business, and posts on a message board dictate anything of worth. Though, if it did, I can say plainly you're definitely high up there in the hierarchy, since apparently these things matter.

But if they do, I'm curious... Oh look, inline image.

That's crazy right.

I mean, just time on site alone says something, but the ranking thing was a monolith of hilarity. More people view a website stuffed anthromorphs that young girls like to cuddle, than your brand of "intellectual humor." It would seem that going over the majority people's heads, and having a god-awful eye-cancer-incuding layout might be the reason your average site guest USED to stay around for thirty seconds a few months back.

The rest speaks for itself, however, I feel the urge to note the blizzard thing is only fucked due to the amount of bots and shit that farm gold in WoW non-stop pinging their servers with uniques. Or so, I'd wager.

In any event, the internet doesn't matter, and it's a good thing, since if that was your accomplishment, you would have been internet ass-fucked by fuzzy puppies who just want to snuggle. That's a trip in itself actually. You must be such a foul-smelling Cretan (props to anyone who just got that) that even adorable baby animals want to fuck you in the colon.

Basically what I'm saying is, if real life matters more, then I'm going to pull a messed up card and mention my heritage from Italy and its bloodlines in the vatican that trace my blood back to one of the twelve tribes. Now, if you don't know what that is, I laugh further in your bloated direction, for fear if I cast eyes upon you I may turn to crackling stone––I must ask, you think mocking something you have no knowledge in is any brand of intelligence? Oh wait, I could tell the answer to that from your stale vanilla writing, lacking any semblance of artistry or creative depth.

In any event, keep your internet, I'll take a life that matters and isn't filled with a void so shallow and small, that pound puppies overshadow my fame twenty-fold.

PS: Your mom.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: August 13, 2009, 11:26:17 PM »

That is the most fucked up post I have ever seen.  I thought for sure people would have quit caring about Pound Puppies ten years before the internet came into existence.

AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 07:11:50 AM »

Oh, I see. My apologies, I forgot in Dumbass Land, the internet is in fact, serious business, and posts on a message board dictate anything of worth. Though, if it did, I can say plainly you're definitely high up there in the hierarchy, since apparently these things matter.

But I don't think like this. That's why I can laugh at bad posts on message boards.

Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2009, 12:20:39 AM »

And yet now your sig has changed. I must've struck a nerve.
AJR
Totally groovy

Oh, this burning beard.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2009, 05:05:32 AM »

No, but you did get me to notice that the image was no longer being hosted. No sense in having a little red x sitting there.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: