Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 17, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331455 Posts in 13573 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Church is FUCKEN Awesome now!!!!!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: Church is FUCKEN Awesome now!!!!!  (Read 12690 times)
Kizeshiro129
Banninated

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2009, 01:18:12 PM »

you guysh are so freakishly European............well this is an east asian website afterall!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2009, 01:23:02 PM »

you guysh are so freakishly European............well this is an east asian website afterall!

The owner is Canadian, and there's plenty of coverage for games developed outside of Asia, so whether you mean it's owned and run in Eastern Asia or that coverage is limited to those games you're dead wrong.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:17:30 PM by Eusis » Logged
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 29, 2009, 01:28:29 PM »

Uh no, we just happen to COVER games that are developed in East Asia (but not exclusively)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 29, 2009, 01:32:02 PM »

Admittedly Japan puts out many more RPGs than any other country seems to, and most of us grew up on the 8-bit through 32-bit RPGs, so a leaning towards that is only to be expected.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 29, 2009, 01:38:33 PM »

He must have missed the giant WoW preview on the front page then :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 29, 2009, 01:53:01 PM »

He must have missed the giant WoW preview on the front page then :P

Given the popularity of Blizzard games in Korea and China (I believe) that actually would be an understandable mistake.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2009, 02:28:12 PM »

That is really REALLY strange.

Although I am Catholic, I find that sort of radical in a certain way. I guess I prefer (or majority of us in the Philippines) something much more conservative and non-radical.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2009, 04:49:12 PM »

Just the same as you, and yes I actually remember this, I have an aversion to black people.

Then move away from them instead of incessantly complaining about the situation they put you in. I have an aversion to people who don't try to get over their aversions if they already understand that said aversions are unfair.

Let me lay down a case in point: Blacks sold blacks to the white man to be slaves in America. Whenever I hear someone talking about wanting reparation money for something "my" ancestors (WHO WERE IN ITALY AT THE TIME BY THE WAY, YOU GIANT NEGRODAMUS, FUCK), "sold them into slavery." I just laugh my ass off and remind them that their ancestors wanted our white-man GUNS to hunt with, instead of their age-old heritage-driven traditions.

Wait, what does them making a profit off of selling slaves to white people have to do with negating anything about reparations? Regardless of what I believe about reparations, these were the slaves IN America who wanted their share of what they believe they are deserved today and then. AMA just did a recent study [mind you, a study] projecting that if blacks received their amount of money/shares since indentured servitude in the beginnings of America, they'd have a much larger stake in America today financially. If people can fight for a share of what they deserve in a rich family, why can't people subjected to injustice not do the same regardless of what they say about "your" ancestors?

In short: The black man sold his brother out for guns. Who fucked up now? Now get off my fucking lawn, you damn kids.

Since you have such a handle on Africa, perhaps you should use the proper terms to distinguish between "black." And since you seem to have an aversion to Blacks, it seems impossible for you to currently hear them complaining about reparations as it seems like you couldn't hold an intelligent conversation with someone you already deem inferior and annoying. Unless you're just absorbing television, and wow, media reflects communities very well. OH, and thanks for complimenting them by saying "Negrodamus." Ooooooh, and let's not forget the rampant slavery going on both African AND European countries for the benefit of individuals for whatever reason. Everyone sold everyone out. If you're infatuated with trying to knock down black people who make statements about slavery, evaluate your entire continent before trying to make a group of people look like asses.

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2009, 07:11:52 PM »

As a half black guy living in a small white town, even I was intimidated by black people in trendy clothing when I actually encountered them.  I got over that when I realized that I still haven't been shot at yet. 

2 cents

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »

I don't know. I don't think of personal ethnicity as the *sole triggering factor in people having an aversion towards any group. I'm not saying his aversion isn't warranted from his experience either. But if I applied what has happened to me by whites in the South to all whites I've seen, I definitely wouldn't be going outside because they're everywhere I go. I don't see the need in sharing my experiences either.

Edit* I read your response too fast. Intimidation is on a different scale than aversion. So I asterisk--
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 07:36:17 PM by Ithunn » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2009, 09:53:16 PM »

Wow...just...wow. I read some of your other posts. I can tolerate to some degree the language barrier between some of the people that visit this site and the majority of people that visit this site...but I can't tolerate you. You are the first person I have ignored on this site. Ever. I haven't even ignored ShadowLaguna or Alisha and most of the time I want to stab out my eyes out after reading their posts.

You win two internets.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2009, 10:40:13 PM »

Actually, when bumping topics like this up I'm sure he's on the fast track to a ban. At this point I think he's actually trolling.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: August 30, 2009, 12:05:37 AM »

LOL, really how can I not laugh at this post?
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: August 30, 2009, 07:07:47 AM »

...and once again perhaps I'm the one a little shy on brains for trying to turn someone else's nonsense into something semi-meaningful for discussion halfway down on page 4 (that being about interpretations of Christianity in other countries/cultural contexts and whether megachurches were a distinctly American phenom). 

I really need to stop trying to turn shit into roses. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: