Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2014, 07:36:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334413 Posts in 13701 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  RPG Backlog?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print
Author Topic: RPG Backlog?  (Read 9584 times)
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 02:17:41 PM »

This pretty much sums up my backlog. :P

I think my problem is that I keep going back to games that I have already finished (repeatedly). I played through Persona 3 five times through and have spent 433 hours and 25 minutes on it, with Persona 4 following right behind it with four play-throughs, eating 378 hours and 13 minutes of my life. I'm never going to finish any games if I can't move on... :P

Then there's online games like PSO and PSU which are god damned time-sinks. I'm so happy I quit those, otherwise nothing would ever get done. :P I don't think I'm ever going to go back to any online game (especially MMORPGs..... not that I ever played them in the first place...), unless it is just short stuff like RE5.

Work, and school don't help either. Damn responsibilities! D:

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 02:30:39 PM »

I think my problem is that I keep going back to games that I have already finished (repeatedly). I played through Persona 3 five times through and have spent 433 hours and 25 minutes on it, with Persona 4 following right behind it with four play-throughs, eating 378 hours and 13 minutes of my life. I'm never going to finish any games if I can't move on... :P

Wow man, I played both twice but that is too much, you could have finished a ton of games in that time.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 02:50:11 PM »

Then there's online games like PSO and PSU which are god damned time-sinks. I'm so happy I quit those, otherwise nothing would ever get done. :P I don't think I'm ever going to go back to any online game (especially MMORPGs..... not that I ever played them in the first place...), unless it is just short stuff like RE5.

Work, and school don't help either. Damn responsibilities! D:

Damn, five plays through Persona 3?

I think these days, more than before, i want more new experiences.
RachelJune

bluehair180@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 03:32:50 PM »

I've got back into RPGs again since getting a PSP and being able to play on the go :-)  So far I've only managed to finish Brave Story and Crisis Core. Just started playing Crimson Gem Saga, which will probably take me some time to complete ...

Games I've not yet started:

Disgaea
Jeanne D'Arc
Final Fantasy Tactics
Xmen Legends II
Tales of Eternia
Breath of Fire III
Popolocrois
Astonishia Story

On top of that I still have Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon and Eternal Sonata to finish on the XBox.

Currently Playing: Crimson Gem Saga
Systems: PSP, PS2, Xbox 360
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 03:57:47 PM »

You have no idea how much I was tempted to replay P3 again. I came close many, many times this month, and that's the very reason why I stacked all my MegaTen games on top of my PS2: to remind me why I SHOULDN'T replay P3, at least not yet. :P

When I count games I actually HAVE, my (realistic) backlog looks something like:

RPGS:
Persona 2 (...eventually I'd like to play both)
Digital Devil Saga 2
SMT Nocturne
The.. rest of Devil Survivor
Fire Emblem GC (incomplete)
Fire Emblem Wii (unopened)
Fire Emblem DS (just got last weekend)
Final Fantasy XII

Non RPGs
Metroid Prime: Corruption
MGS3

..and for some reason, I never actually beat God of War II. I think I got stuck in some room or other. :P

Not counting stuff I don't have. If I listed that, I may be here all week.

I sold my Xenosaga games. I realize this may shock some of you. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 04:25:42 PM »

Do you guys seriously 100% RPGs? I mean some of them have some obscure bullshit and it sucks having to replay a 30-50+ hour RPG just to have you have 100%..
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2009, 04:37:49 PM »

I don't unless I really like it, although for the most part I generally end up doing most of the stuff anyway because I tend to get absorbed.  I -never- kill super bosses though; I'll usually round up the lesser ones but I have no patience for lv 99 grinding for guys like the Demi-Fiend or Prinny Baal or anything.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »

I don't unless I really like it, although for the most part I generally end up doing most of the stuff anyway because I tend to get absorbed.  I -never- kill super bosses though; I'll usually round up the lesser ones but I have no patience for lv 99 grinding for guys like the Demi-Fiend or Prinny Baal or anything.

This, though perhaps I could have taken on the demi-fiend in DDS since I was nuts enough to grind out all the Mantras, and in the process got everyone to nearly 99 (in the first game they were at that level). I don't have the patience for the long boss fight however, so I'm content with completing everything else. I may make an exception if the super bosses aren't THAT ridiculous though, I actually went and defeated those in FFVII.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »

MGS3

Just curious, did you ever make it past the third screen? :P

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »

Do you guys seriously 100% RPGs? I mean some of them have some obscure bullshit and it sucks having to replay a 30-50+ hour RPG just to have you have 100%..

Not really. I used to, in games I love a hell of a lot, like Chrono Trigger. I used to love doing all the secret dungeons and optional super-bosses though I may have quit around the time I was playing FFX-2. I think I did everything in FFVII too at some point. :P I'd love to do it in P3 - max S-links to get all the special Persona, 100% compendium, all that. And the secret boss. I hear she's a pain though :P

Just curious, did you ever make it past the third screen? :P
Fuck if I can remember. I don't even know what I DID do. :P
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 05:15:19 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »

On the P3 and 4 thing, it wasn't just with those games that would eat up my time. I ALWAYS end up going back to old games for one reason or another. I've done it with Parasite Eve about as many times (or more), and there really isn't ANYTHING to do in that game once you finish the Chrysler building. And I'd play it again too, if Valkyria Chronicles wasn't already stealing me away (again). :P

I totally know what CDFN and Chevalier are saying, but I just can't help it though. It's just become a (bad?) habit mine.

That is exactly it for me as well. Usually when I fall in love with a game, I will just naturally just get so absorbed in it that completing everything in it just happens naturally.

I'm actually quite surprised you haven't beat them by this time... XD
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:01:03 PM by Dizzy » Logged

ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: July 31, 2009, 10:27:06 PM »

I'll do any game to it's 100% if i really get sucked in. That kind of thing is never planned, it just comes natural when i'm really into a game.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 31, 2009, 11:03:49 PM »

I'm actually quite surprised you haven't beat them by this time... XD

So am I, believe me. XD I'll get to them. Eventually, I swear!

Anyway, I mentioned P3 because it's the first game in a while that's made me want to go back and play again to get/do everything. I'm sure I'll want to with some other games (especially MegaTen ones), but I know it ain't gonna happen. I have a really nasty fall class schedule coming up, so I probably shouldn't even THINK of video games after this summer til..oh, Christmas. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: August 01, 2009, 02:29:59 AM »

Do you restart a game right after you finish it, or do you go play something else? I find that I usually can't even play a game from the same series back to back, as I want something different.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:13:04 PM by Madoka » Logged
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 03:45:03 PM »

I usually restart right away, if I am still really into the game. If I'm worn out, I'd most likely move on. Whether if it's another installment in the series, or something new altogether is random. I usually just choose on a whim. :P

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: