Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 09:29:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334808 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Ys I&II PSP
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Ys I&II PSP  (Read 2594 times)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2009, 11:12:05 PM »

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/japanese-debut-ys-i/53735

Do I get the DS version or wait for this?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 11:14:41 PM »

Wait to see if it'll come here then get the DS version if it doesn't surface. The one on the Virtual Console is probably ideal though when compared to the DS version, but I imagine you'd want that as a last resort.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2009, 11:26:55 PM by Eusis » Logged
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 11:21:58 PM »

Let's see if this comes out here, i really hope so. This one looks way better than the DS version.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2009, 11:26:30 PM »

Man, how many remakes of Ys 1 and 2 have there been? It's like the Final Fantasy/Lunar of Falcom.

It does look good though. Doh.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2009, 11:28:36 PM »

Man, how many remakes of Ys 1 and 2 have there been? It's like the Final Fantasy/Lunar of Falcom.

Correction: Final Fantasy and Lunar are the Ys of Squaresoft and Gamearts! They've been porting/remaking that long before either series started to be remade over and over.
jj984jj

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 12:19:00 AM »

If you don't want the VC version you should wait, don't get the DS version though.
Jonathan Ingram
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 01:32:31 PM »

Either wait for this version to get localized or get the PC version(which Ys I&II PSP is a port of) and grab the English patch. Ys DS is not worth getting. The Turbo Duo version is pretty good, but feels somewhat outdated(though it features some really rocking tunes by Ryo Yonemitsu).
RPGRocker

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 04:30:38 PM »

Last time I counted, there were 14 ports/remakes of Ys I and II.

Definitely a piece of RPG history everyone needs to experience.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »

This looks to be based right off the Windows version, which I understand the fandom calls the definitive ones.

I'm hoping this gets localized. It's a sure buy for me. Unfortunately I don't see Atlus double-dipping on it , so maybe XSEED (I love them so much for announcing Lunar PSP already!) or someone else will bite.

If it doesn't come out here... importing's an option. Or get the one on the Virtual Console. The DS Ys ports were pretty bad.
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 07:39:05 PM »

Hah, This is win news for me. What good timing. :D

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 08:36:02 PM »

PSP version seems to have a fully new soundtrack (which they have not released). All we have so far are some promo albums that sport about 8 new tracks from the PSP version. Based on what I've heard, it's FANTASTIC new stuff.

I am crossing my fingers that Atlus USA will do the right thing here. And they can pick up Ys SEVEN while they're at it.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »

Wait to see if it'll come here then get the DS version if it doesn't surface. The one on the Virtual Console is probably ideal though when compared to the DS version, but I imagine you'd want that as a last resort.

Considering I don't have a Wii, you are correct.

If you don't want the VC version you should wait, don't get the DS version though.

I've actually almost picked it up several times.

What's wrong with it?

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 11:05:27 PM »

What's wrong with it?

There isn't anything wrong with it really, I myself just figured you'd rather wait on a good, physical version rather than going for the digital release of the older version; the TG16 version should still be the definitive officially localized version.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 12:58:42 AM »

What's wrong with it?

There isn't anything wrong with it really, I myself just figured you'd rather wait on a good, physical version rather than going for the digital release of the older version; the TG16 version should still be the definitive officially localized version.

Well you're right about that, though from what I can gather, the soundtrack on the DS version is a bit disappointing. All I vaguely heard was it's supposed to be excellent and the DS version is scaled back and a bit MIDI-ish or something.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 01:26:45 AM »

What's wrong with it?

Well you're right about that, though from what I can gather, the soundtrack on the DS version is a bit disappointing. All I vaguely heard was it's supposed to be excellent and the DS version is scaled back and a bit MIDI-ish or something.

From what I've heard they've also added an extra dungeon to Y's 1 but they really didn't to anything with it except to offset the balance of the game's progression making the next couple of dungeons into cakewalks or something like that. They've also done something to the graphics making it look kinda bad in comparison to the other versions available or something to that effect. And then there's the music which IS one of the main selling points of the games (kinda like what happened to FFVIA).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: