Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 05:13:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327685 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Batman: Arkham Asylum
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Asylum  (Read 2525 times)
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »

So the demo is finally up and after playing through it just now I came away mostly satisfied.  It's nice to FINALLY see a half-decent Batman game. Anyone else give it a shot yet? I'd be interested to read other impressions.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 09:52:30 PM by Esper_Crusader » Logged

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 04:40:59 PM »

I'm going to download the demo when I get home and if I like it Amazon has a great deal going on right now for pre-ordering so I'll do that.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »

I like it. I'm pretty sure it will be a very good game. This is as close as you'll get to "being" Batman. I love the upside-down takedown, when I saw that in he movie I thought that it would be really cool to have in a game.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 03:27:11 PM »

Yeah, I thought the demo was very good. Definitely getting this day one. The batman fan in me is super excited to see where this storyline goes.

Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 08:39:38 PM »

I had already pre-ordered the game before I played the demo, but now I'm sure it'll be a good buy. Then again, I've been a Batman fan since I was three so I'd probably have said that whether I had played the demo or not..

Just out of curiosity though, which pre-order deal did you guys go with? I chose the one that gives you the armored batsuit ^^ Saw there were others with Joker posters, extra challenge rooms and whatnot.

Be awesome instead.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 11:15:03 PM »

I tried the demo but it really isn't my cup of tea.

I've heard that the PS3 version is getting Joker and additional maps as exclusives though.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:40 PM »

According to the official site it seems it depends on where you pre-order it from. Why somebody would want postcards with their game is beyond me though.. The comic book would've been neat but it seemed kinda silly having it shipped from the UK when I can get the game here.

Be awesome instead.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 01:37:40 AM »

I got the full game today and it is indeed awesome as hell. There is quite a bit of extra content and it's basically a Batman fan's wet dream. The only thing is that the voice sync is a tad off but it's certainly no biggie and most people probably won't even notice. It's a definite purchase.

Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 04:31:16 AM »

Oh, and here I thought we'd get it at the same time as you guys. Ah well, EU release is on thursday so at least I don't have to wait that much longer. Hope it's as awesome as you say it is!

Be awesome instead.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 12:47:14 AM »

This game is available for $40 in Canada, if any other Canadians are interested. :D

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 10:14:01 AM »

^ Yeah, I read that last night as well. I would like to get the $99 special edition with the 14 inch batarang but $40 is too good to pass up. I still have the rest of the day to play before I have to take my rental copy back to the store anyway:)

Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 03:26:43 PM »

I picked this up today at Best Buy and got a $10 gift card for free with it. Good stuff :)

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 05:10:41 PM »

^Same here. The game is pretty sweet. I don't think I've ever played a superhero game before where I knew I was going to go through for a second run later.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2009, 12:57:09 AM »

I finally tried the demo today (late I know, so sue me :P) 

Pretty damn cool.  I love that Mark Hamill is reprising his role as the joker, because he voices him just so damn well.  If it wasn't for the fact that I have some other games coming up that im saving my cash for, id definately pick this up.

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2009, 11:27:35 AM »

This game is brilliant. Brilliant.

One sequence in particular:

Code:
The final Scarecrow sequence, when the screen started fucking up I shit myself since I just got back my 360 from an E74 error a month ago. Brilliant. It was like Eternal Darkness, only much more believable.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: