Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 28, 2014, 03:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329767 Posts in 13518 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Aveyond & Ahriman's Prophecy (independently developed RP
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Aveyond & Ahriman's Prophecy (independently developed RP  (Read 8671 times)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 11:23:56 AM »

Oh I will be reviewing Aveyond II.  It just may take a while since I typically like to finish games before I review them (or at least get 2/3 of the way through them if I'm not enjoying them) but with final exams and work, Aveyond 2's been slow going.  Partially because I plan to review it, I'm not giving too much away here since, well, I actually want people to read my review:P

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 08:56:22 PM »

hey very nice review Dincrest! I'm very glad to have been part of Aveyond II as a staff member.

Besides I pray that you will review our game too when it will be finished/released :D
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2007, 11:05:49 AM »

Thanks for reading, man.  I perused the Blossomsoft forum, and Mimic Book's already piqued my interest.  I'm always interested in games from smaller, independent development houses.  For 2008, I'm looking forward to A Vampyre Story and Prominence on the graphic adventure front.

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2007, 05:21:20 PM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
Thanks for reading, man.  I perused the Blossomsoft forum, and Mimic Book's already piqued my interest.  I'm always interested in games from smaller, independent development houses.  For 2008, I'm looking forward to A Vampyre Story and Prominence on the graphic adventure front.

Yes, Mimic Book is quite special and very unique, quite different from any RPGs we've heard of during the last decade. I'm really hoping to collect funds with Western Lords in order to give Mimic Book a proper development.

I just posted a work-in-progress screenshot on WL-blog.
http://www.blossomsoft.com/wl/

It should give you an idea of the game atmosphere. If you surf on the blog you should also find more information about the storyline, and some downloadable pieces as well (music, ect)

I truly hope you'll be the one to review this game when it will be finished, which should be at the end of this winter, because I love your reviews, and I'm a regular of RPGfan :D
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 05:37:56 AM »

Quote from: "Dincrest"
I'm always interested in games from smaller, independent development houses.

Hey Dincrest, one of our games is about to be completed. The game title is Eternal Eden and should be released during June. You immediately popped on my mind since you reviewed Amandaís game.

This game isnít at the same level of quality of Western Lords, but it will be fantastic anyway :)

You can read a description of the project on my forum:
http://www.blossomsoft.com/community/viewtopic.php?p=14836#14836

You can also track progress on my blog:
http://www.blossomsoft.com/project_eden/

If youíre interest, I could let you review our game when itís ready :)
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2008, 03:14:02 PM »

Quote from: "blackthirteen"

If youíre interest, I could let you review our game when itís ready :)

Hey, thanks for keeping me posted on your projects.  As interested as I am and would love to take you up on that offer, I'll have to decline.  I haven't made this public or anything, but today's actually my last day on the RPGFan staff.  Real life circumstances such as finishing grad school, looking for a real job, and having no idea where I'll be living in the next couple of months...

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2008, 05:31:47 PM »

Oh that's really unfortunate! RPGfan will lose a great writer! Well, good luck with your personal objectives!
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2008, 03:26:30 PM »

Well, if anyone's interested http://www.arafell.com has some indie made RPG Maker games.  The creator wanted to make a 6 part series out of Ara Fell, but only ended up making one.  Solid character driven RPG.  Only thing I wasn't fond of was the use of pre-existing RPG music.  There's some original composition in there, but it was a bit jarring to hear Xenogears' music in the intro.  

There's also Starlancer Six, which is a Sailor Moon type game.  Also decent.  I actually like it better than Ara Fell.

And they're free to d/l so anyone interested in indie 16-bit console style RPGs for PC may want to check them out.  You have nothing to lose.

blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2009, 11:53:50 PM »

Hey now that Aveyond 3 is released, I was wondering if there was a review under way for this new installment.
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2009, 07:08:02 PM »

Thread resurrection!

I'm guessing there's a review on the way. :)

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2009, 07:50:48 PM »

Not from me... not yet at least.  I'm still working on Black Sigil and I'm not sure if I'll buy Aveyond 3 yet since it's only the first half, kinda like what FF4: TAY is doing.  As much as I lurve teh Aveyond, I'd rather wait for the "box set" than buy all the volumes individually.   
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 07:59:01 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: