Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2015, 10:32:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Check out the latest RPG news!
363576 Posts in 14732 Topics by 2302 Members
Latest Member: Eppie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  The Great RPGfan Cook Off!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: The Great RPGfan Cook Off!  (Read 2587 times)
Annubis

ee yan~☆

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2015, 04:24:53 PM »

Yeah, cauliflower sucks. I suggest melting cheese on them should you have to eat it.
natros
Yes, I Cannabis!

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2015, 04:54:08 PM »

Guess I'm alone in actually liking cauliflower. Even plain. To me, it's broccoli's more delicious cousin.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Smiley Abuser

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2015, 05:20:26 PM »

I only like cauliflower in an awesome cheese sauce.

As for brussel sprouts - if they are smelling you've overcooked them. They only smell when they are overcooked, you want a slight firmness to them, not mush. Fried with diced bacon is always a classic for them, I think it's the tastiest way to eat them. It's a shame to boil them. Steaming is better.

As for the avocado thing, I dunno, it was never introduced to me. I don't even think anyone in my family has had an avocado. You can get them a lot easier now than you could when I was a kid.

xpsychedelico
RPGFan Editor

xpsychedelico
View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2015, 09:34:55 PM »

Guess I'm alone in actually liking cauliflower. Even plain. To me, it's broccoli's more delicious cousin.

You're not the only one! Heck, I love raw cauliflower--it's delicious and I will eat every last one before I touch broccoli on a vegetable plate. It's also good roasted or when masquerading as mashed potatoes. One of my favorite dishes is: cauliflower, crumbled bacon, onions, white sauce, smothered by a mix of Italian cheese and baked till golden brown.

Brussel sprouts are a whole other monster. Right now I'm of the opinion that even though I don't like them, I must just have not had good brussel sprouts yet. Sometime in the future I'll discover the wonderful taste of well prepared brussel sprouts, but for now it's just a dream...

Nothing can make watercress taste good though. That is just the worst vegetable to exist in the entire world, and I'm pro-veggies.

Avocado is good with things. As a thing itself, eh, why? It lends a healthy creaminess to many sushi rolls and sandwiches, but I don't think I would ever just eat one.

Also durian is delicious. And smells delicious. I don't care what everyone else says.

Oh, and thanks for the tips for broccoli mac everyone, I'll definitely try them out!

"Clockwork is clockwork. One. Two. In. Out. But Necessity she a goddess. She turn your muscles to water and your bones to oil. One day you meet her and you will see that Mobius is right." - Mobius the Stripper
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2015, 10:39:03 PM »

Durian's delicious if you get like, ripe durian. And the smell doesn't bother me -- it's like hot, idling car exhaust with a bit of garbage mixed in. In other words, what it usually smells like outside of my apartment, only not a bad because I'm right next to a river and durian doesn't have that moldy river gunge scent to it.

Underripe durian is a nightmare and that's all I've been able to find in Columbus :T

I suspect the avocado I was eating last night wasn't ripe because it had the same kind of... indistinct very, very /wrong/ taste that underripe durian has.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

xpsychedelico
RPGFan Editor

xpsychedelico
View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Today at 08:01:40 AM »

I've never bought durian in the States, because the only ones I've seen are frozen and it's kind of hard to pick based on that. Also my husband would sleep outside the house if I brought one in. Lol. You might be able to ripen the durian before you eat it, though?

Ripe avocados are slightly soft and will yield when pressed. The flesh also comes away from the seed very easily if it is ripe. If the avocado you ate fulfilled neither of these things, it was probably indeed unripe. I've never eaten avocado alone so I honestly have no idea how it should *taste* by itself.

"Clockwork is clockwork. One. Two. In. Out. But Necessity she a goddess. She turn your muscles to water and your bones to oil. One day you meet her and you will see that Mobius is right." - Mobius the Stripper
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Today at 09:25:04 PM »

I see them in the Asian Supermarkets here, but the durians are so frigging big, I am terrified to buy one to see what it really smells/tastes like....

It's still technically summer but it's also 13 degrees (Celcius) so I am making homemade beef barley vegetable soup. Another half hour before I can dig in...
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: