Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 29, 2015, 11:25:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Have a great 2015 from all of us at RPGfan. :)
344146 Posts in 14048 Topics by 2230 Members
Latest Member: BeoXXVI
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Completion List 2015
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Completion List 2015  (Read 56 times)
Tomara

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 22, 2015, 06:20:28 AM »

It's a new year! Anyone finish any games yet? I did and I need a place to brag (j/k).

1. Long Live the Queen
So many dumb ways to die... that princess deserves her own song. Finding new ways to kick the bucket is a lot of fun, though. Actually living long enough to see your own coronation takes some trial and error, but I didn't mind that very much since you can skip text you've already read (but be careful not the skip anything you haven't).

2. A Bird Story
See, you don't need loads of polygons for emotions! 16-bit style graphics work just fine.

3. Choice of the Deathless
Okay, imagine Ace Attorney set in, I dunno, Shin Megami Tensei and it's not a VN but a digital choose-your-own-adventure book. This is a thing you can play. Isn't it awesome that this is a thing you can play?

4. Child of Light
Charming, but it tried a little too hard. I'm no expert, but half of the rhymes felt off. Flying around, however, was amazing and something I want to do in more games,.

5. The Sacred Tears TRUE
This is some Japanese RPGmaker game recently released on Steam. The art felt a bit retro and basic, but the use of colour was nice. I also liked the battle system, which is based on rock-paper-scissors. The game can be very heavy on random encounters, though, which sometimes sucks the fun out of it. The story is divided into chapters and you choose which one you want to play in a special menu. Sadly, there's no replaying old chapters (what's the point of chapter selection then?) and since many of the side chapters have a good and a bad ending, you might screw yourself over. Perfectionists should stay away until there's a good walkthrough available.

6. Reccetear
Should have played this much earlier, because capitalism is fun! I'd pay good money for a game that's half this, half Atelier.

7. Fairune
This was very much an impulse buy (2,99 on 3DS, free for iOS and Android), and I planned on playing 15-30 minutes before bedtime, but that quickly turned into two hours and I went to sleep rather late last night. Whoops. What's so great about this thing? It's like a bite-sized 2D Zelda game with some light Ys-like fighting thrown in (you bump into enemies to defeat them and the final boss makes it rain energy bullets and beams while you should magic sword beams at him). If you're looking for something short, cute and fun, this game is great.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Today at 06:05:16 AM »

Good a time as any for me to start keeping track of games I finish.

1. Mass Effect 3
As much as I loved the first two games I never got around to playing the third until a few months ago, but it wasn't because of ridiculous backlash about the ending, I just never got around to it. I finished it about 2 weeks ago, and I enjoyed it for the most part, definitely the best gameplay-wise of the three overall, although I did still like the incremental skill boosts the first one had. I had the extended cut and I still thought the ending was bad, but I'm not going to be mad about it for years and years like so many people on the internet seem to be.

2. TES III: Morrowind
About a year or two ago I played Skyrim and it was the first TES game I bothered playing until the end (My first experience being about an hour of play of my brother's copy of Oblivion which I always found myself shutting off after I left the jail cell). I kept hearing people rave about Morrowind so I decided to give it a try. After several hours of tolerating the awful combat I really got into the game. The creativity of the lore and the themes of the story were miles beyond what Skyrim offered so I can definitely see why people love it for that. The gameplay is unbalanced irredeemable garbage though, and I'll never understand why people praise it. It would've benefited from just being an isometric RTWP CRPG or at least had turn based combat since some would argue the first person view is key to the experience.

I only beat the main story but I might revisit it so I can do more sidequests and at least complete the expansions. I really need a break from that terrible combat though, so I'll be giving Cyrodil another shot for a while instead.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 11:22:40 AM »

1. Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Final Mix
2. Kingdom Hearts Re:Coded (cutscenes)

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: