Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 04:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327938 Posts in 13428 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Thanks to RPGFan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Thanks to RPGFan  (Read 45 times)
BobofMainframe

View Profile

Ignore
« on: July 31, 2014, 06:00:32 PM »

I set this account up a while ago. Long story short, hotmail go bad so I only just logged in for the first time today. This is my first post so I wanted to say hi to everyone.
I've been reading RPGFan for years. I first found the site around the time I was playing FFVII. Since then RPGFan has introduced me to a whole bunch of stuff, most recently Virtue's Last Reward and the Etrian Odyssey series. I wanted to say thanks to all the people who work on the site and also ask the community what have you discovered thanks to RPGFan?
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: Today at 12:15:51 AM »

Oh man, if it weren't for RPGFan, I would have missed out on a lot of indie and underground stuff.  RPGFan is also a big reason I'm into Japanese (and Japanese style) visual novels.  And because I often review games others may not want to, it's exposed me to games I otherwise may not have gone for.  Many have been pleasant surprises, and I ended up enjoying something fresh and new.

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:17:20 AM »

Thanks to RPGfan, I had something to do in class when it got too boring.

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:22:45 AM »

I've encountered a lot of great stuff because of RPGFan that I wouldn't have otherwise.  I think I have to put the Disgaea series at the top of the list, not because any of them is necessarily the best game I've ever played, but because I had never heard of it, and thanks to the site, I think I've played every game in the series at least once.  (I reviewed both the PSP and DS ports of #1, and I reviewed the PS3 version of 4 and am about to start work on the Vita version.)  That also led to me playing ZHP, which I loved, and Mugen Souls, which I enjoyed, and probably some other good games as well.

And lots of swell people, of course. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: