Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 16, 2014, 05:42:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331351 Posts in 13571 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Information about Final Fantasy XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: New Information about Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 79166 times)
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2009, 02:42:50 PM »

Wikipedia has: "Composer(s) Masashi Hamauzu, Nobuo Uematsu" and for versus "Composer(s) Yoko Shimomura"
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2009, 02:58:47 PM »

I thought Uematsu was done with FF, or is he just doing a main/love theme for it again.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2009, 03:15:49 PM »

I thought Uematsu was done with FF, or is he just doing a main/love theme for it again.

He isn't, but I'm pretty sure you're right on the second, and only wrong on the first because he's doing the whole score for FFXIV.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2009, 03:41:52 PM »

Holy crap. Lightning has a kid!?

I doubt it. That would actually be kind of interesting if that was the case though.

That's the kind of relationship I'd like to see more in RPGs, i.e. main character has a son/daughter. The only game that comes to my mind when I think about it is Dragon Quest V.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2009, 03:58:27 PM »

I doubt it. That would actually be kind of interesting if that was the case though.

That's the kind of relationship I'd like to see more in RPGs, i.e. main character has a son/daughter. The only game that comes to my mind when I think about it is Dragon Quest V.

How old is she supposed to be? I think it's 19 right?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2009, 04:32:17 PM »

Well, I'll give them this, Yaag looks far more masculine than Sephiroth, Kuja, or Seymour. He may have silver hair, but his face doesn't follow the "evil bishonen" archetype we've seen in the past, he just kinda looks like a thug. I also like the fact that he's just a lieutenant-commander in the military. Most villains are at the top of the foodchain throughout the game, or some badass lone-wolf, one thing I love to see is main villains who you see rise up through the ranks throughout the game, just like the main characters. Kefka's the only FF that comes to mind there.

As for the boy... when was the last time that we had a younger boy (besides the main character) in an FF game? We had Gau in FF6 (if he counts as a boy), that's it. We've had plenty of younger girls: Eiko, Yuffie, and I would count Selphie and Rikku even if they're the same age, because they fill the "younger girl" role. But boys other than the common "hero boy" are a rarity. Most often, they're obnoxious brats like Noel from Vesparia... but for some reason, just the way this character is presented, I get the feeling that he may not be of that category. Of course, this is all just speculation. He could be a total jackass punk fuckface. Though damn is he girly.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2009, 06:30:40 PM »

How old is she supposed to be? I think it's 19 right?

The kid is 12 or 14. He's supposed to have a grudge against snow thus making him complainy most of the time.

Oh and he'll randomly run away from battles too when he's part of your battling party 'coz he's still young. :P
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:32:37 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2009, 06:32:41 PM »

Well, I'll give them this, Yaag looks far more masculine than Sephiroth, Kuja, or Seymour. He may have silver hair, but his face doesn't follow the "evil bishonen" archetype we've seen in the past,

Point!!
True enough.  At least our villain is manly this time.
I hate (and yes, hate IS a strong word) KH, FF Fangirls who pucker around "Sephy's" good-looks.  FUCKEM

Im super psyched for Yoko and Hamazu taking over the music.  Especially ever since in FFX, I thought Masashi Hamazu's tracks were WAY stronger than the ones offered up by Uematsu.  

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2009, 10:09:17 PM »

Hamazu is the man, one of best things about The Last Remnant was the kickass soundtrack! Love the little bit of FF XIII's soundtrack I've heard.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2009, 10:22:09 PM »

He's working on Final Fantasy XIV.

Hamazu is the man, one of best things about The Last Remnant was the kickass soundtrack! Love the little bit of FF XIII's soundtrack I've heard.

The Last Remnant's soundtrack was done by Tsuyoshi Sekito and Yasuhiro Yamanaka, with Sekito being responsible for the majority of the soundtrack and the epic battle themes held within the game.  Hamauzu's composing style is very different, and definitely not present in The Last Remnant.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »

Hamauzu's music is very refined and atmospheric. He made a lot of great sounds in FFX's soundtrack

Shimomura on the other hand is very operatic and dramatic. Like her songs in KH and newest song for Versus XIII.

Uematsu's music is very traditional and memorable. He peaked on FFVI.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:38:26 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2009, 12:05:08 PM »

Uematsu still makes amazing music. Lost Odyssey had some amazing tracks
Sagacious-T

Official Pony Thread

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2009, 12:06:31 PM »

As long as they keep Sakimoto out of this I am happy

FFXII had some of the most repetitious sounding music ever :(
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2009, 12:33:28 PM »

Ah, good to know. I've had those two composers mixed up for a while I guess. Something to do with Hamauzu doing that Musashi sequel (kinda reminds me of TLR's soundtrack) and a coupla SaGa games and Sekito did Romancing SaGa.. I suck with names. Ehhh.

I've always liked Hitoshi Sakimoto (FFT and BoF:DQ's OSTs are some of my favorites) myself, but FF XII's music was a little dry. 

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2009, 12:53:06 PM »

Hamauzu is probably my favorite of all of those. His music is epic and progressive in the same way Uematsu's is, but a bit more Minimalistic in its construction (by that I mean that it uses techniques similar to that of John Adams and Phillip Glass). Many composers make background music (Sakimodo), and others have what I call "build and die" syndrome (Mitsuda), which causes their music to build to a climax that never happens. Hamauzu knows how to build to dramatic motion in his compositions... possibly even better than Uematsu himself.

Needless to say, I'm absolutely psyched about FFXIII

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: