Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 18, 2014, 06:32:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340861 Posts in 13928 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Information about Final Fantasy XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: New Information about Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 79950 times)
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »

Look, can we just agree we'd all be happier if Motorhead did the song for FF13 and leave it at that?

They lost their metal magic long ago.If anything I wanted the Western FFXIII soundtrack to be composed by the London Philharmonic or the San Francisco Philharmonic.

Still the game sountrack not the main theme is what matters most.I am sure FFXIII will have plenty of songs I will always remember

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2009, 02:00:54 PM »

Lady Gaga pls.

Poker face kinda suits Lightning
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 02:03:35 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2009, 03:35:34 PM »

Look, can we just agree we'd all be happier if Motorhead did the song for FF13 and leave it at that?

I don't like Motorhead, so no.

Blasphemy!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: November 29, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »

A line like "Beee myy frieend" in the jPop one does about as much for me as Leona Lewis' track fitting in with the rest of what we hear in the West.  Nevertheless, I think it works and suits the more typical Western audience (that wouldn't take a bullet and go down for Japan despite never setting a foot in it...the fucken "Nautards" of the west as they call it).

I'm more upset at the lack of gameplay footage.  Each trailer thus far has given for minutes of emotional character drama, and less than a minutes worth of battle. =(

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: November 29, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »

Speaking of which, I pre-ordered the OST. Why? Because I love Masashi Hamauzu and his presence is necessary in my room. That said . . . . I've officially decided to play it on the 360.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: November 29, 2009, 01:48:34 PM »

BUT THEN YOU'LL HAVE TO SUBJECT YOURSELF TO THE HORRIBLE WORLD OF DISC SWAPPING

THE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE WORLD OF DISC SWAPPING

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE

HORRIBLE

(I'm exaggerating how much that complaint bugs me, but it comes up a lot in dual-system releases. I'd much rather not have mandatory installs or chuggy framerates thanks to the low read-speed of Blu-Ray, over having to get up off my LAZY GAMER ASS ONCE EVERY DOZEN HOURS TO PUSH EJECT AND SWAP A DISC.)
Ithunn

Hmph.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: November 29, 2009, 02:01:57 PM »

Disc swaps are convenient. Prepare a snack time, go use the bathroom - all of those necessities that come with hardcore gamingz.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: November 29, 2009, 02:03:21 PM »

Well ill be happy playing this on my ps3.

Oh and have you guys seen this? xD Funny way to make people know this game.

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: November 29, 2009, 03:15:34 PM »

Yes, how DARE they put The Lord of the Rings on multipul discs (cuz that's about the equivalent). And, of course, noone watches Lawrence of Arabia anymore, because of the multipul tape/disc thing.

Seriously guys, a lot of my favorite games are multipul discs. They allow for a clear segmentation of the game that I can think back on, years later. When I talk about FF8 or FF9, if anyone asks me where any particular section is, I can very clearly remember on which disc it was on (by nature of the plot) and then I know about how far into the game it is... very useful for human memory management. FFX wasn't too bad due to its linearity, but FFXII is a complete dog trying to remember the order of everything that happened, had it been broken up into chunks, I may have been able to keep track of it better.

I prefer multipul discs... there... I said it.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: November 29, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »

Speaking of which, I pre-ordered the OST. Why? Because I love Masashi Hamauzu and his presence is necessary in my room.

Right there with ya.

Dice
Dobbelstenen Muil
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: November 29, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »

Speaking of which, I pre-ordered the OST. Why? Because I love Masashi Hamauzu and his presence is necessary in my room.

Right there with ya.

Thirded.  Uematsu, while good, is overrated.
If in comparison, I thought Hamazu's tracks in FFX overpowered Uematsu's by far.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633
http://dice963.tumblr.com/

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
RAINBOW PIXEL POWER!!!
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: November 29, 2009, 04:08:17 PM »

Bingo, although I never chalked that up to Uematsu being overrated, I just thought he lost his edge after FF9. Hamauzu seems to have taken up the banner where other composers have fallen short. Uematsu was my favorite video game composer, hands down, but the torch has officially been passed.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: November 29, 2009, 04:14:09 PM »

Bingo, although I never chalked that up to Uematsu being overrated, I just thought he lost his edge after FF9. Hamauzu seems to have taken up the banner where other composers have fallen short. Uematsu was my favorite video game composer, hands down, but the torch has officially been passed.

I think even by FF9 he'd lost it.

He came up with a good theme for it, and then just used the same theme over and over and over again.

FFX's soundtrack was a real breath of fresh air.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #403 on: November 29, 2009, 05:24:37 PM »

I think even by FF9 he'd lost it.

He came up with a good theme for it, and then just used the same theme over and over and over again.

FFX's soundtrack was a real breath of fresh air.

The only game i remember mostly because of the sound is FF9 D8<, even more, for me is the ff with best soundtrack so far

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 29, 2009, 06:05:55 PM »

(I'm exaggerating how much that complaint bugs me, but it comes up a lot in dual-system releases. I'd much rather not have mandatory installs or chuggy framerates thanks to the low read-speed of Blu-Ray, over having to get up off my LAZY GAMER ASS ONCE EVERY DOZEN HOURS TO PUSH EJECT AND SWAP A DISC.)

Actually, the developers have said that the PS3 version won't require an install and they've managed to minimize load times, and I doubt we'll have a chuggy framerate since the game was developed originally for the PS3 and SE knows they can't botch the only version that will be in Japan. Hell, when HAS the speed of the disc drive actually determined the FPS? Installing to the hard drive for the 360 games doesn't fix frame rate issues they may have, and each case I can think of for the PS3 can more likely be blamed on bad coding or a bad attempt at taking advantage of the PS3; Dragon Age for example has higher quality textures, so if the game isn't poorly coded then it could be that processing the larger amount of data required for those textures slows the game down, must like when you switch texture quality settings in a PC game.

Also: Star Ocean 4 has shown that you can really botch disc swapping, and from the sound of things Baldur's Gate required fairly frequent disc swapping. Depending on how FFXIII divides up the data it could easily have the same problem, and failing that the track record for 360 game packaging has been abysmal. I could always just move the discs to another disc binder, but it's kind of annoying when the case the game came in should be able to serve well enough.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:23:03 PM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: