Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 27, 2014, 04:57:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329705 Posts in 13515 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Information about Final Fantasy XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: New Information about Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 78949 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: October 02, 2009, 07:43:10 PM »

Yeah, I don't really get the age thing either. In some scenes, Serah looks similarly aged to Snow, in others, she looks like a little girl, or are those two different people? I don't know how old Snow is either. I thought he was in his mid-twenties, but now after seeing the video, he feels more like late teens, and Serah being 16 or 17. Lighting's obviously early 20s (though you never know with Square). I dunno, I think the VA is deffinitely on par with FF12 though. FF12s voice acting was very passable, but nothing really stood out as exceptional to me except for Baltheir who had the swav thing down pat.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
MonCapitan2002

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: October 02, 2009, 07:51:41 PM »

Well, based on the screen shots and the latest trailer along with the art, it looks like Snow is a very large man.  That could explain why she looks so young compared to him.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2009, 01:20:02 AM »

So, any idea whether this is going to have a world map, or what the global transportation system is going to be?

AFAIK, only Versus XIII would have a world map (and flying airships).

Maybe it's more the dialogue/story delivery that I'm not really impressed with.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2009, 01:23:58 AM »

I thought they sounded absolutely incredible... EXCEPT For Sahz (sp?)... wasn't he supposed to be kind of a pacifistic happy-go-lucky kind of guy? Now he sounds like a badass. That's not what I was expecting, and I'm a little dissapointed. However, Lightning and Snow are perfect, and the others sound great as well. Very Very cool visuals BTW.

I liked 'em too. But I prefer Sazh's English VA, though I'm only going by trailers I've seen, his Japanese VA sounded crazy. The first scene with Snow and Serah seemed a bit awkward, though, IMO. Overall I got no complaints.

Oh yeah, and I'm really surprised and happy they didn't cast a lady as Hope's VA. I was worried they'd pull a Megaman Legends 2. I think the guy they picked is very fitting. And he was in Role Models. STREET CRED!

That's Megaman 8 and X4 you're thinking of.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Spoony Mage
I aim to misbehave.

I also aim to please and shoot to kill.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2009, 01:32:22 AM »

Voices sound fine to me.

Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: October 03, 2009, 10:30:21 AM »

wow. That new trailer revealed so much more than I had known before. Actually, I think it reveals a bit too much. This seems pretty damn epic, and after this I will no longer be watching these things. Less I know the better.
Looks and sounds amazing to me. The voices work fine. Not perfect, of course, but they all seem to fit the characters.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2009, 11:08:37 AM »

That's Megaman 8 and X4 you're thinking of.

Seriously, he had girl voices in those two games? I've never played 'em. Poor Megaman. The only MMs I have played were the two Legends games. In the first one he had a decent voice that sounded like a young boy's.

In 2 he sounded like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRsNJV7E0nk&feature=related

Effin' terrible.

About FFXIII, that is the most spoiler-filled I've seen an FF trailer. I usually have barely any idea what the story and characters are about before I play. Or like with the FFVIII demo, I'll get the wrong notion entirely. So, yeah, I probably should avoid the rest of the media they release.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2009, 11:20:49 AM »

I'm glad I didn't watch it.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2009, 02:12:49 PM »

Bah, that was so disjointed, I had no clue when each of the cut scenes were happening, I didn't mind. Nothing was revealed that I didn't already suspect, or hear in interviews. No need to complain, don't be afraid to watch the trailer.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: October 21, 2009, 04:03:15 AM »

From Famitsu 10/21 http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=377406&page=7

・FF13インタビュー
 鳥山
 ・ファングはライトニングより強くスノウより男勝り
 ・(ほかに主要キャラは?)FFおなじみのあの人(笑)
 ・バハムートは特定の属性は決まっていない
 ・バハムートはエアリアルレイパーというコンセプトで圧倒的な機動力と豪快な攻撃で
  敵を打ち上げ空中でつるしたまま大暴れする
 ・サッズの召喚獣は女性。ノリノリで戦う
 ・パルムポルムが結晶化してるのはシヴァとスノウがある人とド派手に戦った結果

FF13 Interview
Toriyama
- Fang is physically stronger the Lightning and more strong-willed than Snow.
- (Other main characters?) An FF mainstay (laughs) coughCidcough
- Bahamut's element is not specified
- Conceptually, Bahamut's style can be considered "Aerial Raver" (probably referring to the 2d fighting game style) in which using great mobility and power, he launches opponents into the air and juggles the shit out of them.
- Sazh's summon is female. She has fun while fighting casually.
- Palmpolm (location in trailers?) is crystallized because a battle between Snow + Shiva and a certain other individual took place previously.

野村
 ・ファングはシナリオができる前は男性だった
 ・女性にするということで差別化を図るためライトニングの色気を消してファングの色気を出した
 ・自分は武器にはかかわっていない
 ・13は召喚獣だけでなく武器も変形するのがコンセプトのようですね
 ・声優の最終ジャッジは鳥山が決めた
 ・サッズはアフロのうえに帽子をかぶっている予定だった

Nomura (FFXIII)
- Before the scenario was complete, Fang was a male character.
- After making her female, in order to avoid too much similarities with Lightning, they made Lightning less sexy and Fang more sexy. Damn you Fang!
- (Nomura himself?) has nothing to do with character weapons. ambiguous Japanese pronouns ftl
- For FFXIII, transforming weapons are also a key concept as well as summons.
- Ultimate decisions for voice casting was up to Toriyama.
- Sazh was originally intended to wear a hat over his afro.

・FFヴェルサス13
 野村
 ・TGSで出したのは検証用映像で白く輝く人は実際にはいないし
  ベヒーモスもテクスチャ張ってない状態だった
 ・(超巨大なモンスターは)あれもどれだけ大きい敵が出せるかというテスト
 ・(本当にあんな敵と戦えるのか想像もつかないが?)たぶん想像できないと思う
  自分でも「本当にこんなことできるのか?」ということをやろうとしている
 ・プレイスタイルとしてはKHの延長にカテゴリーは近いがFFらしい懐かしさと新しいものが融合している
 ・なかでもレベルデザインを最重要で考えている
 ・画面の右下にノクトの表情が出るウインドウはテスト段階のものだが
  常に画面内にPTメンバーがうつってると臨場感がないのでやめるつもり
 ・仲間が別々に動いているときそのウインドウで状況を把握するためのテスト
 ・海外のFPSのように仲間が勝手に行動してもお互いが連携している感覚をめざしている
 ・キャラの衣装はぜすべて左右非対称
 ・ノクトはネックレスやピアスはつけていない。物語上右手にはめる指輪だけが唯一の装飾品
 ・指輪は重要なもので左手は半指タイプのグローブをはめている
 ・ノクトはバイクに乗るかも
 ・ムービーとリアルタイムを寸分違わずみせるためブーツのシワなどこだわりをもってつくっている
 ・テストでない詳細な映像公開は来年から徐々に公開、早くてE3

Versus
Nomura
- Footage at TGS was for internal previewing purposes, so there's not actually a character that is shimmering white, it just didn't have textures. Behemoth was also displaying without textures.
- (w/ regard to the ginormous monsters seen in the trailers) they were testing to see the limit of how big the monsters could be. I guess they're referring to hardware testing
- (Q: Can we really fight enemies like that? It's hard to imagine) I can see how it's hard to imagine. Even I'm wondering if it can be done, which is why we're trying to do it.
- Playstyle can be categorized as an extension of the Kingdom Hearts system, but we're trying to make it feel like the nostalgia of traditional FF mixed with something new.
- Heavy focus on level design.
- Experimenting with having a portrait window of Noct at the bottom right so that you can see his emotions all of the time, but when the other party members are on the screen it feels weird, so we're probably going to remove this.
- Window idea was brought up because they wanted it to be a way to understand what your other party members are doing on their own
- Aiming for the type of buddy A.I. such as in western FPSs, where they act on their own but you get the feeling that they're teammates working in unison with you.
- All clothing is asymmetrical
- Noct doesn't wear a necklace or earrings, the ring he wears on his right hand (which is story related) is his only accessory.
- The ring is important, so on his left hand he wears an open fingered glove.
- Noctis maybe rides a bike.
- In order to make it difficult to tell the difference between pre-rendered CG and real-time footage, they pay attention to the most minute details down to the wrinkles in boots.
- Stuff that wasn't in the test will be revealed bit by bit next year, perhaps as early as E3

・FFアギト
 ・TGSでみせたマルチプレイがほぼ正式なバトル画面
 ・現状では難度が高い
 ・バトル中にショートミッションがどんどん介入してくるのがアギトの特徴
 ・それを受けるか受けないかは自分で判断。制限時間内に答えないとすべてを受領してしまう
 ・来年から活発に動くのでおたのしみに

Agito
- The multiplayer shown at TGS was mostly legitimate battle footage
- Very difficult at the moment
- Constantly updating the battle with new short missions is a key point to Agito
- Up to you to decide whether or not to accept the new objectives. If you don't respond within a certain amount
- Next year is the year to start looking forward to stuff. Media blitzing like this year was XIII's year, I imagine

I find it interesting that Fang of FFXIII (the new girl) was supposed to be a guy and that Versus XIII gameplay graphics is trying to get close to the CGI's graphics as shown before and that the AI is gonna be based of from Western FPSes.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 04:28:26 AM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: October 21, 2009, 06:19:31 AM »

I find it more interesting that its confirmed that summons are all of the opposite gender of their respective summoners (although I suspect that will also be an exception to this).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: October 21, 2009, 09:33:08 AM »

This is Fang btw:

Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: October 21, 2009, 10:54:10 AM »

she looks gay in a yummy sort of way :o

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #238 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:43 AM »

Cosplaying as Rinoa is never a good idea. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: October 21, 2009, 11:34:40 AM »

she looks gay in a yummy sort of way :o

Lady Gaga?

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: