Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 01, 2014, 12:06:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327956 Posts in 13430 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Information about Final Fantasy XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: New Information about Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 78463 times)
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: November 25, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

Woulda been a lot cooler without the shitty music. Yeah, futuristic pope-king is hot, reminds me of Pres Galbadia.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: November 26, 2009, 12:58:18 AM »

Final Fantasy producers seem to have the soft spot for shitty, corny, "Disney Credits" music.

Awesome trailer though.  The action I'm sure will keep me hooked, and the drama looks juicy.
Vanille looks like she riding some sort of Shrimp Machine to me haha!

Looks like Lightning sis dies or something.  The cast doesn't seem to say anything particularly happy about her.  I say good.  She seemed somewhat helpless looking.  It always kind of bothered me that she was none too original either (being based of the Bible Black chick or whatever).

http://society6.com/Dice963
Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
blackthirteen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: November 26, 2009, 03:56:07 AM »

Final Fantasy price tag at $104$... wow that's a lot! Let's hope the North American version will not be expensive like this.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 26, 2009, 03:58:18 AM »

Let's hope the North American version will not be expensive like this.

There's no need to hope; it will be and already is.

That's pretty standard for Japan too, prior FFs have costed a similarly high price tag and I think most DS games launch at $50-ish.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: November 26, 2009, 03:21:00 PM »

Final Fantasy producers seem to have the soft spot for shitty, corny, "Disney Credits" music.

What shitty music are you talk about? It sounds great to me and nothing sounds like Disney music? What are you guys talking about?
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: November 26, 2009, 06:37:19 PM »

What shitty music are you talk about? It sounds great to me and nothing sounds like Disney music? What are you guys talking about?

I assume she means the traditional ballad/J-pop song in the credits.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: November 26, 2009, 06:48:57 PM »

Awesome trailer though.  The action I'm sure will keep me hooked, and the drama looks juicy.
Vanille looks like she riding some sort of Shrimp Machine to me haha!

Looks like Lightning sis dies or something.  The cast doesn't seem to say anything particularly happy about her.  I say good.  She seemed somewhat helpless looking.  It always kind of bothered me that she was none too original either (being based of the Bible Black chick or whatever).

Guess they're pulling another Aeris then? I had a feeling that would happen when I first saw her.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: November 27, 2009, 01:15:10 PM »

Guess they're pulling another Aeris then? I had a feeling that would happen when I first saw her.
Yeah, except Aeris was treated, throughout the game, as a character that would live like any other. When she died, it was kind of a surprise. This chick just has "hopeless die girl" written all over her, as if the creators are constantly foreshadowing her death and want the audience to know that... she probably dies in the opening few sequences anyway, as a plot setup for Snow.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: November 27, 2009, 02:27:13 PM »

Vanille's summon is named Hecatonchires.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: November 27, 2009, 02:41:15 PM »

Yeah, except Aeris was treated, throughout the game, as a character that would live like any other. When she died, it was kind of a surprise. This chick just has "hopeless die girl" written all over her, as if the creators are constantly foreshadowing her death and want the audience to know that... she probably dies in the opening few sequences anyway, as a plot setup for Snow.

Well, I think lightning might be a bit upset about it too ;-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: November 27, 2009, 09:37:22 PM »

Well considering that she ended up receiving half of the game's total character development (such as it was), you'd think that it would be crazy to wipe out such an investment without some kind of proxy on stand by. Squaresoft sure showed us.

Off course they're not trying to do it again otherwise they would've made her playable (unless they kill off Fang which would suck on so many levels).

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: November 28, 2009, 04:05:59 AM »

Woulda been a lot cooler without the shitty music. Yeah, futuristic pope-king is hot, reminds me of Pres Galbadia.

I think the entire thing with FFXIII right now is
how dare they ruin the fine art of j-pop with highly inferior western pop music

despite most J-pop being equally bad, if not worse than western pop on average.

Leona Lewis isn't ruining this game, people. If anything, she's doing absolutely nothing to the quality of your experience. You are ruining the game for yourselves.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: November 28, 2009, 11:57:02 AM »

Look, can we just agree we'd all be happier if Motorhead did the song for FF13 and leave it at that?

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: November 28, 2009, 01:26:29 PM »

If anything, she's doing absolutely nothing to the quality of your experience. You are ruining the game for yourselves.
That's all gamers are good at, unfortunately. ;}

Either way though, no crappy/good/average song isn't going to make me look forward to the game any less. These kinds of songs are only played like, what, two fucking times throughout the game?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 01:28:32 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: November 28, 2009, 01:46:06 PM »

Look, can we just agree we'd all be happier if Motorhead did the song for FF13 and leave it at that?

I don't like Motorhead, so no.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: