Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 25, 2014, 12:51:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334816 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  New Information about Final Fantasy XIII
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Print
Author Topic: New Information about Final Fantasy XIII  (Read 79612 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: December 18, 2009, 10:16:50 AM »

http://www.destructoid.com/final-fantasy-xiii-director-hints-at-potential-dlc-158083.phtml?no_cache=1&comment_saved=1#comment-1620704

Square Enix once said that DLC had not been planned for Final Fantasy XIII, but the publisher never quite ruled it out and today there are hints that extra content could definitely arrive. XIII's director, Motomu Toriyama, has told gamers that they'll need to keep XIII nearby "forever," because some treats may be on the way.

"From the announcement at E3 2006, we've at last reached this day. Final Fantasy XIII is released today," says Toriyama in a message to Japanese fans. "For the Final Fantasy XIII world, this is the true start. Perhaps if you keep it nearby forever, there will be some additional good things."

So, what could these "good things" be? The obvious answer would be downloadable content, although it's also possible that he might be hinting at a relationship between XIII and other games to be set in the XIII universe, namely Versus and Agito. Perhaps possessing all three games will lead to some cool interactivity between them, or maybe bringing the whole set together summons Captain Planet.

Fuck.

I was really hoping they were going to actually stick to their word.

Oh well. $70 saved.

Seriously man, WTF? How is this affecting the quality of the game for you not wanting to buy it anymore? Did you consider the possibility that you actually will enjoy the game enough to want more of it in the future? And even if you don't, don't others have the right to if they are willing to pay for it? Just ignore it.

Unless it is released at the same time or very close to the release of the full game (wich opens the possibility of the content already being ready in time to make it into the game) I don't see why you should bitch about it. Of course they could just be holding it back but that's hardly a possibility for stuff like the gta episodes or the upcoming RE5 chapters, those things take a long time to make not to mention that they usually only get the green light if the original game is successful meaning that they only exist because of the sales of the original game.
Even if the RE5 DLC was ordered before the release of the game waiting for it would mean that the game would only be released in March since that is the release date for the dlc wich means that it isn't ready yet.
OK I'm done writing.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: December 18, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »

Lard has ridiculous reasons for everything dude. Don't even waste your breath.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: December 18, 2009, 10:51:57 AM »

Yep.  It's a lot more productive to just mock him.  You can't reason with dumb.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55:24 AM »

Speaking of which, the game sold more than 1m already first day (not including bundles).

Does this mean that it's the first 3rd party game on this generation's home consoles to sell over 1m in Japan? :P

Video of launch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeYAMjV0Oo

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lunateric

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: December 18, 2009, 11:11:12 AM »

Speaking of which, the game sold more than 1m already first day (not including bundles).

Does this mean that it's the first 3rd party game on this generation's home consoles to sell over 1m in Japan? :P

Video of launch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BeYAMjV0Oo

After all the marketing bombardment towards the game's release, it's something economically predictable

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #500 on: December 18, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »

If you guys enjoy paying for content that should have been in the game, fine, but you better grease up your assholes first.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #501 on: December 18, 2009, 12:16:39 PM »

Except that it would be bonus content, not inclusive to the original structure. Also, you don't have to pay for anything. You can if you want.

But you're an idiot who makes broad assumptions about everything, so I don't expect you to understand that.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #502 on: December 18, 2009, 12:21:35 PM »

If you guys enjoy paying for content that should have been in the game, fine, but you better grease up your assholes first.

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #503 on: December 18, 2009, 12:27:17 PM »

I feel like posting a picture now.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #504 on: December 18, 2009, 12:31:42 PM »

Except that it would be bonus content, not inclusive to the original structure. Also, you don't have to pay for anything. You can if you want.

But you're an idiot who makes broad assumptions about everything, so I don't expect you to understand that.

And you're a douche who contributes nothing but just sits back and insults everyone.

So no wonder we're at this point in the conversation.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #505 on: December 18, 2009, 12:37:36 PM »

i like how this thread is about ff13

and he is not buying ff13

but he keeps clicking on it
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #506 on: December 18, 2009, 12:44:23 PM »

And you keep trolling.

Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #507 on: December 18, 2009, 12:45:29 PM »

And you keep trolling.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: December 18, 2009, 12:46:37 PM »

Dude, did you see how long this game was in development? This is not the time to pull that defense.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #509 on: December 18, 2009, 12:47:08 PM »

quit giving him serious responses
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: