Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 07:06:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335316 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 portable
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 portable  (Read 38466 times)
macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2009, 08:42:55 AM »

Latest Famitsu scans reveals that my favorite PS2 Rpg is comming to the psp:

OMFG... a female protagonist... a... male elizabeth??
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 03:20:34 PM by macirex » Logged

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
erwos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 08:50:03 AM »

Siliconera link:

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/17/persona-3-portable-has-a-female-protagonist/

Unless her tastes run more towards the ladies, you'd think a fair number of S.Links would need rewriting.

THIS BETTER GET LOCALIZED FOR THE USA!
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 10:33:29 AM »

If this lacks shoujo-ai, I won't buy it.

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:20 AM »

I heard male-Elizabeth before I saw his picture.  He looks like a male-elizabeth, but looks like a cut-guy in a suit. I'd take him!!  Never liked Liz's hair anyways.  New female is a nice contrast to emo lead.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 12:10:38 PM »

They're going to have to make some serious, serious changes to sell this to me.  I've already spent more time and money on P3 than any game in the past several years, and I'm tired of it.  I'm much more excited for Strange Journey.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 12:31:36 PM »

Who's the new guy? He looks slightly like P3's current main and.. why do I see both Orpheus and blonde-dye-job Orpheus?

Iiiiinteresting.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 12:51:00 PM »

Who's the new guy? He looks slightly like P3's current main and.. why do I see both Orpheus and blonde-dye-job Orpheus?

Iiiiinteresting.

Orpheus female looks a bit too forced, like they *had* to make a female duplicate of the male one to compansate for the new female lead.

And agreed.  If they plan on selling this (as if scaling through more dungeon paths in FES and P4 soon after wasn't enough)...there had better be some awesome additions.  And I'm talking strip-tease awesome.

Or maybe take the IDOL M@ASTER route and fit in a tranny character to boost sales.

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 01:02:10 PM »

What. The. Hell.

That came out of nowhere.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »

I'm almost wondering if they're making it so the player has a choice between a male OR female lead in the game, because I can see the old MC (and Orpheus) in the background on that scan.

Still though, my mind is blown. How much rewriting of social links are they gonna have to do here. Worst part? WE CAN DATE JUNPEI. I bet he takes us to movies like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Ass. :(

*cough*

Edit: I just realized this is being released in november (!!). I'll actually BE in Japan then. I'm almost tempted to pick it up.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 01:23:25 PM by Lucca » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 01:34:36 PM »

Holy crap what a surprise!!! A female lead implies some significant changes to the game, there's no way around it. Can't wait to see how operation babe-hunt will turn out :-) Seriously, this came completely out of the blue, I already see enough changes to make me play this yet again. So the rumors weren't about Persona 5 afterall...

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 02:14:54 PM »

Worst part? WE CAN DATE JUNPEI. I bet he takes us to movies like Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. Ass. :(

Still, of the Magician arcana guys, what's worse- Junpei or Kenji?  But, yeah, the S-links will need some serious rewrites/tweaking.  I would be intrigued to see how the Sun Akinari S-link would work with a girl as opposed to a guy.  Would Akinari have a harder time opening up to a girl due to already being awkward about his illness and talking to girls is awkward for marginalized teens anyway? 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 02:18:09 PM »

Holy crap what a surprise!!! A female lead implies some significant changes to the game, there's no way around it. Can't wait to see how operation babe-hunt will turn out :-) Seriously, this came completely out of the blue, I already see enough changes to make me play this yet again. So the rumors weren't about Persona 5 afterall...

It'll turn into Operation stud-hunt with the female MC, Yukari and a reluctant Mitsuru.

...can you imagine....

Aw damnit, I want this ahah.

Actually you know what, having S-links with the male members of the team could be pretty cool. Junpei would be lulz. And the squealing fangirls can sink their claws into Akihiko (I never saw the big deal around him, personally). Maybe the female MC would date Hidetoshi instead of Chihiro in student council? Hmm.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:20:12 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 02:23:49 PM »

And what about the hot springs scene? Oh the possibilities :-)

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 02:27:41 PM »

And what about the hot springs scene? Oh the possibilities :-)
Maybe Akihiko will do the executing instead of Mitsuru.

Man, some of these ideas just don't work as well with a group of girls as it does with a group of guys, though. This is either a gaiden/prequel/blah blah, or they've rewritten a LOT of stuff.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:38 PM »

It'll turn into Operation stud-hunt with the female MC, Yukari and a reluctant Mitsuru.

...can you imagine....

I think it would be hysterical if they caught the guys babe-hunting, striking out badly, then doing the whole point and laugh.  Face it, what girl doesn't find it funny to see guys make asses of themselves around other girls?  Heck, us guys find it funny too.

EDIT: And why wouldn't the female main participate with Mitsuru in the hot spring execution?  Instead of being the hider in hide and seek, you'd be the seeker.

EDIT 2: And so help me, date-able S-link boys had BETTER have clean rooms because there's no way I'm letting female main "tender moment" in a messy room. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 02:36:01 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: