Author Topic: Persona 3 portable

Spoony Mage

• I aim to misbehave and to please.
  • RPGFan Survey Hero
  • Shoot to kill.
    • View Profile
Re: Persona 3 portable
« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2009, 07:52:29 PM »
The animation in the OP is very busy at some points.  Kinda made my head spin.  Though that's probably because it's the end of a long week and I'm kinda tired.  Not bad, though, and I like the song maybe a bit better than Burn my Dread.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 07:55:08 PM by Spoony Mage »
Support Silent Protagonists!
At least SOMEONE knows when to shut up!

macirex

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2009, 09:52:24 PM »
I thought the song was awesome without the chopped english. The game is looking more and more like a dating-simulator instead of a rpg I wonder if it will work for the dramatic scenes.
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Raziel

• Megaten Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2009, 01:29:33 AM »
I like the opening video more than the original, but the music is kind of a letdown. That isn't Yumi Kawamura, is it?

Dincrest

• Public Relations Nightmare
  • RPGFan Editor
  • Insert clever quip here.
    • View Profile
    • RPGFan
« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2009, 06:53:46 AM »
Song was good.  Not great, but not terrible either.  The graphic adventure interface and Persona 2 style graphics work for me.  Love adventures have done dramatic scenes really well with still pictures.  In some cases, like in Crescendo, I felt the stills with vividly written text were more powerful than full animation would have been.  If that needs to be done to get a game of this scope onto a PSP UMD then so be it. 

Would this be a day one purchase for me?  No.  I'd have to check out reviews first.  Plus I'm more interested in newer IPs.  But part of me would like to play Persona as a girl, so I like the potential.  Although, yes, heart-toting Orpheus (or should it be Orphea?) is a bit much.  But there's been some gender switching in Personas here and there, right?  I mean, Kei Nanjo's starter persona is Aizen Myouou, a king figure in Buddhism, yet the art for it in P1 and P2 shows a shapely woman. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 07:13:21 AM by Dincrest »
"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously." 
     -Hubert H. Humphrey

Ryos

• I can has demons?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2009, 09:45:29 AM »
Heroine+Mara=dick girl???
It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.

ShadowLaguna

• Rattle your goddamn head!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:28 PM »
OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MRkM-fM7wg&feature=player_embedded

Not sure I like the song. Actually, it's not terrible but it isn't Burn My Dread. I really like the video though.

Not a bad opening song. They should do what they did in FES though. They should provide the new intro, but also the original intro from the regular Persona 3.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530

Ryos

• I can has demons?
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »
They probably don't have the space for 2 openings (considering as it is they had to go to a point and click interface outside Tartarus).
It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
In one video/screen I saw of the opening menu, it looked like there was a "data download" option, or something along those lines. I wonder if the UMD will support direct download to a Pro Duo. That would be great for me as while I like to collect the UMDs, I like having many options while on the go.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 22, 2009, 02:39:41 PM »
In one video/screen I saw of the opening menu, it looked like there was a "data download" option, or something along those lines. I wonder if the UMD will support direct download to a Pro Duo. That would be great for me as while I like to collect the UMDs, I like having many options while on the go.

It'll require the UMD even when installed. I technically don't have confirmation, but it's how Monster Hunter Freedom Unite handles it, and it's begging to be pirated that way.

ULTROS!

• People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 22, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
I wonder how big is the installment... I hope it would only be 50mb.

I only got 242mb thanks to FFVII and Wild ARMs 2.
"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 22, 2009, 03:13:47 PM »
I wonder how big is the installment... I hope it would only be 50mb.

THAT WILL NOT HELP AT ALL.

Marshmallow

• RPGFan Survey Hero
  • OH NO OH NO OH NO
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 23, 2009, 01:51:53 AM »
Welp, looks like I'll just buy it on PSN if it hopefully comes out in data form in the US. Since I have 2 copies of P3 already, it won't feel like I'm missing an item on the shelf, at least.

That is, unless they bring it out with a nifty soundtrack like Persona PSP.

Actually, does anyone know whether or not PSP games work with game sharing? Both my PSP and my girlfriends are linked to my PSN account, but if I can't download PSP games onto both like I can with PS1 games, it seems kind of useless.

Eusis

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 23, 2009, 01:54:03 AM »
You should be able to share games that way, but you can't have more than one account on a PSP. If you two get seperate accounts then you'll have to buy the game twice... or keep switching them on the PSP. Whichever.

Lard

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2009, 12:15:34 AM »
OP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MRkM-fM7wg&feature=player_embedded

Not sure I like the song. Actually, it's not terrible but it isn't Burn My Dread. I really like the video though.

Wow. That is a fucking terrible song.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.

kyuusei

• Editor Emeritus
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »