Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 08:12:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319733 Posts in 13047 Topics by 2147 Members
Latest Member: TacoBell_Lord
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 portable
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 portable  (Read 35845 times)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »

I think it would be hysterical if they caught the guys babe-hunting, striking out badly, then doing the whole point and laugh.  Face it, what girl doesn't find it funny to see guys make asses of themselves around other girls?  Heck, us guys find it funny too.

Hence why I liked the babe hunt so much! ;)

Ah yes, they could always be on the other side of things. I actually really like the idea of the female MC and the girls being the seekers. Heheh.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 02:45:34 PM »

I'm still working on beating Persona 3(And Persona 2:EP for that matter) on PS2, then they go and do this? Good thing I don't have a PSP.

"Oh, a hunter..."
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 02:46:29 PM »

As long as the gender switch has a large enough impact on in-game events (babe hunt, hot springs, s-links, etc.) and is not just an avatar change, then I'll be very interested. I wonder if it'll include FES.

And also, way to skip Persona 2. I'm sure they'd port it if P1 does/did well enough on PSP, but I guess they're trying to put this port out ASAP, before the P3/P4 hype has died out (if it already hasn't).
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 02:55:16 PM »

Yeah, the lack of Persona 2 is kind of bothering me - as someone who's wanted to play the P2 games for so many years.

I hope they do them at some point, at least EP.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »

I've always been wanting to get into these games... I hear nothing but good things... BUT... I've yet to play an RPG that had randomly created dungeons that I like.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »

Am I a horrible person because I'm hoping this game does well so they'll do the same for Persona 4, thus I could date Teddie?

I'm semi-serious on this! Teddie would be the most mind blowing/horrible boyfriend ever.

"Would you like to touch my fuzzy fur? Being without you is unBEARable!"

Dincrest
RPGFan Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 04:06:25 PM »

I've always been wanting to get into these games... I hear nothing but good things... BUT... I've yet to play an RPG that had randomly created dungeons that I like.

Persona 1, 2: IS, and 2:EP do not have randomized dungeons.  Their dungeons, though fixed, are pretty long and serpentine, though. 

I approve of this nonsense!
Lord Scottish

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 04:33:17 PM »

HOLY SHIT THEY WERE LISTENING TO MEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought P3's dungeons were pretty bad - and I like randomized dungeons.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:44:42 PM »

Additional details: http://www.siliconera.com/2009/08/18/and-now-for-some-more-persona-3-portable-details/
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 04:53:03 PM »

Persona 3 Portable has a female protagonist and the original male protagonist. A more detailed Famitsu scan explains you get to choose your gender before the game starts.

The female route has different events and new characters, like a male attendant that replaces Elizabeth in the Velvet Room. Persona 3 Portable is based on The Journey (aka Episode Yourself) part of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes, but the male’s story won’t be exactly the same. New events will be added to his path.

Damn it, now I have to get a PSP.

Atlus is also changing the battle system by allowing players to control other party members just like Persona 4. While this might blunt Persona 3’s difficulty level, the game has five difficulty levels.

Persona 3 Portable is slated for release on November 1 in Japan. The game will get a simultaneous retail and digital release for PSP Go users, a first for Atlus Japan.

Yes, its a dream come true! Party member control and it looks like they are adding difficulty levels to the game. Sweet, super sweet.

I'm dreaming of lesbian encounters with Mitsuru. Yes, I've been a bad girl and I need to be punished. Execute me.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 04:56:24 PM by bigdeath » Logged
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 04:55:42 PM »

Persona 3 Portable has a female protagonist and the original male protagonist. A more detailed Famitsu scan explains you get to choose your gender before the game starts.

The female route has different events and new characters, like a male attendant that replaces Elizabeth in the Velvet Room. Persona 3 Portable is based on The Journey (aka Episode Yourself) part of Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Fes, but the male’s story won’t be exactly the same. New events will be added to his path.

Damn it, now I have to get a PSP.

Aha! So I was right! Choosable genders!

Plus new events added to the male PC's path? I'm sold. Atlus, release this, please? Otherwise I'm going to have to slog through this in Japanese. :(

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 05:01:44 PM »

ffffff DAMN YOU, ATLUS :(

I.....want.

but WHY THE HECK does the female's Orpheus have to have a big fat heart attached to her back?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 05:07:47 PM »

ffffff DAMN YOU, ATLUS :(

I.....want.

but WHY THE HECK does the female's Orpheus have to have a big fat heart attached to her back?

Don't you know? All girls just LOOOOVE big fat hearts attached to people's backs! It's so kawaii and adorable!! :D :D :D :D

...Actually, I have no idea either. DEAR JAPAN: Not all girls are into hearts, flowers, green clovers, purple horseshoes, and housework.

bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 05:09:26 PM »

Japanese girls are......the Japanese are obsessed with cuteness.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 05:12:54 PM »

So we have seen!

Ew, her menus are pink. NO THANKS.

(okay now I'm just getting picky... I really like the idea of new stuff being added to Minato's game!)

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: