Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 08:50:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340923 Posts in 13933 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 portable
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 portable  (Read 39363 times)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2009, 01:46:29 PM »

This game is becoming P3+female protag+sprinkles of P4.

Interesting. Too interesting to pass up...

+1

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: September 07, 2009, 02:28:45 AM »

When I get a PSP, I'll definitely get this game.  After beating P4, I felt that I could obliterate P3... but I don't replay games until a few years pass or something.

I'm ready to replay P3 though!  P4 taught me how to really work the system... so why not let the newest version of P3 be my testing ground?
« Last Edit: September 07, 2009, 02:34:00 AM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: September 07, 2009, 05:40:18 PM »

Well, remember that P4 is significantly easier than P3, so don't expect to magically fare a lot better because you can beat P4.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 07, 2009, 10:22:29 PM »

For me P4 was harder. Yes, even with direct commands.

But I also didn't grind as much as I did in P3. Both my MCs had the same levels when the games were beaten though.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: September 07, 2009, 11:05:04 PM »

With the Guard option and all the ways you can make your allies take hits for you, P4 is a cakewalk.  The biggest problem in Megaten games is often keeping the protagonist safe from things like Mudo spells and random criticals.  P4 gave you so many ways to get around those things it wasn't even funny.

But then again, I found DDS to be brutally difficult while a lot of Megaten fans found the games fairly easy, so maybe I'm just weird.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »

Well I didn't find P4 generally brutal or anything, I just got stuck at more bosses than I did in P3.

DDS wasn't overly hard. Some of the bosses, yeah, but they were harder than P4 for sure. I find Nocturne to be a mix of kicking my ass then..not so much. Some of the Fiends can be a challenge, and they say MegaTens that's older than this are even more unforgiving.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: September 08, 2009, 05:39:16 AM »

Persona 4 got trickier by the end than 3 - bosses and even random peons can wipe you out with ease if you are unlucky and don't play conservatively.  Other than one noteworthy area 3 had all of one tough random enemy opponent.  The difficulty of 3 peaks out pretty early on except in hard mode and then good luck (I am sooooo not attempting the Maniacs difficulty as I fear the final boss will be just a brutal grind to overcome).

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: September 08, 2009, 05:04:29 PM »

I felt like I was bouncing around different Persona's recklessly in P3.  In P4, I had a more intimate, controlled progression... I stuck to personas with high social links, paid attention to the fusion forecast... The systems are pretty much the same in both games, so I'm not sure why it suddenly clicked for me in P4. 

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2009, 07:44:17 PM »

i P3 i felt it was easier to keep everyone in your party leveled. for 2 reasons mainly. the getting tired and also in p3 going to tartarus only prevented access to a couple of S-links. also for this reason its harder to do a max s-link game in p4.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: September 09, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »

In P4, you have like 5x the amount of free days that you do in P3 and all the Slinks advance a lot faster(Especially given that there are so many that advance just by visiting them once and one that doesn't take any time) .  It's a LOT easier to max them in P4.

As for Persona use in P4...in my game, it felt like each boss had a particular Persona that you were "supposed" to use for the boss(Like, Sun Yatagarasu has, by itself, the entire set of skills you need to completely shut down Mitsuo, and he's exactly the level you should be to fight him), so the Persona progression felt a little TOO static.  Also, since ultimate spells can't be transferred in P4, there is one Persona that is the "best" for each elemental spell type, and that's that.  In P3, you could pass Ragnarok to anyone with Fire affinty, and could make any of them into an awesome fire Persona.  So the system felt a little more open and fun to play with, while in P4 you just got Yoshitsune and stuck with him.
Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: September 10, 2009, 04:09:38 PM »

Boxart:

http://img179.imageshack.us/img179/5660/p3pboxartr.jpg
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: September 10, 2009, 11:02:10 PM »

Looks good, except Junpei on the right edge looks kinda off to me.
Act00

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: September 18, 2009, 08:09:04 AM »

Trailer(if you haven't seen it already)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: September 18, 2009, 11:06:58 AM »

The more I hear about this game, the more it depresses me; although that's mostly from the peanut gallery comments about "hoping Shinjiro lives in this version" and "If MShe doesn't have all lesbian relationships I won't play the game".

*facepalm*

It's like nobody actually understands why the original game was so good.
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: September 18, 2009, 02:15:59 PM »

The more I hear about this game, the more it depresses me; although that's mostly from the peanut gallery comments about "hoping Shinjiro lives in this version" and "If MShe doesn't have all lesbian relationships I won't play the game".

*facepalm*

It's like nobody actually understands why the original game was so good.

For many it was just a dungeon crawler with dating elements. All the dilemmas and emotional conflicts of the characters go straight to second term when you can "OMG TOTALLY DATE THAT CHARACTER AM GONNA WRITE A FANFIC WHERE THEY ALL GET PREGNANT!"
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: