Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 11:23:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338370 Posts in 13852 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Persona 3 portable
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: Persona 3 portable  (Read 38941 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: November 15, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »

She was my best magic caster outside of the main PC.

Nobody said otherwise.  But the fact of the matter is, raw damage doesn't give you as much of an advantage in battle in P3 as does other forms of support, which is why other characters are better.  Mitsuru ONLY has high powered magic and healing going for her, while every other character has multiple other forms of support that Mitsuru can't provide.  Plus, in the old AI-controlled combat, you couldn't really trust her to not randomly start casting Tentarafoo, which generally put you at a disadvantage.

Point taken.

Probably this time I won't use my usual party (Which was MC, Yukari, Mitsuru and Aikihiko), and although I'll still take Yukari despite her weaknesses (her healing is still too good), I'm unsure who to take for my other 2. I remember using Aigis and liking her my last game.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: November 15, 2009, 06:26:27 PM »

Play on Maniac and use everybody.
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: April 05, 2012, 07:12:37 PM »

Sry for bumping this.

This is my first Persona game and I'm a bit confused. I played some hours now and I'm just at the point where I can start to do whatever I want. But what do I do? I went to the dark hour dungeon thing and played that for quite some time now (floor 14 or 15). I thought perhaps there is a floor that I cannot access so I have to go back and do some social life stuff... but it just let's me go on and on. Should I go back by myself and do some social life stuff inbetween or what?

Please answer without spoiling too much :D
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: April 05, 2012, 08:23:45 PM »

You CAN keep going until it won't let you go any further. Its usually approx 20 floors per moon or two boss floors (plus 5 floors of weak monsters after the second boss floor).
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: April 05, 2012, 08:31:44 PM »

Ok thanks. So I could also just chill a bit and just have to hit floor 20 by the time of the next full moon?
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #260 on: April 05, 2012, 09:06:26 PM »

I recommend hitting the top floor beforehand just because it's good experience.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
Champlooz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: April 06, 2012, 06:38:20 PM »

Thanks, did that now.

Got another question though: Will I always be able to go back to the early floors to get the persona cards in there? Or will there be a point when I will not get the chance to get some personas again? I fusioned some of them already, but don't know if it is the right thing to do so?
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: April 08, 2012, 03:40:36 AM »

You can always revisit floors and to make things even simpler you can always buy lower-level personas from the Compendium and fuse around to get low-level personas you may have missed.

Please note, however, that there really isn't any point to getting every single persona.  Just keep upgrading them so you don't fall behind in power level and you're good to go.
Aurian

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: April 08, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »

If you get them all, you get a discount in the compendium in new game plus, right? (Can't remember anymore)

Anyways, other than that, there is no reason to try fuse everything in one go. If you need a lower level demon (for a special fusion recipe or one of Elizabeth's challenges) you can always fuse two of the same type to get a lower level of that type.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: