Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 07:39:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334782 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 174667 times)
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 01:11:28 PM »

Been playing KotoR 1 and 2 (1 on PC, 2 on 360) and Dungeon Explorers on PSP, along with quite a bit of Hot Shots golf on the PSP.  Finished up Dungeon Explorers and will be posting a review soon.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 01:25:53 PM »

DDS2 - I'm stuck on another fucking boss battle in the airport. :P I have now been in the airport for two days. I am sick to death of the airport.

Which boss?  Almost all the Airport bosses have a trick to them.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 01:43:42 PM »

Kartikeya or whatever. I've come close. Just need to do it when I'm more awake. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
John
Administrator

DeceptiJohn
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 03:34:35 PM »

Played my 400th online ranked game of NHL 09 today.  So close to being ranked (current rankings put being ranked at ~1950 ranking points, I've got 1895), and my record after 400 games is 219-142-39, which I'm pretty happy about.

THROW PICKLE IN BURGER TO SPEED UP COMMERCIAL
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 03:36:40 PM »

I like FFX's puzzle bosses but good god I suck at them. I'm at one in the uh... last...ish... temple area thingy. Where you have to move around it.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »

So I got done with the airport and DDS2 got even weirder. :P

NANOMACHINES, SON.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 05:56:43 PM »

More Blue Dragon. I just got that mecha airship and am enjoying the game considerably more. I guess I've reached the point of the game (40 hours into it) where it's sidequests galore, so I'm messing around with those and revisiting towns to clear out barriers. It's a bit of a chore because I don't remember where all the barriers are, and thinking about going through every single dungeon and town to find them all again makes me queasy. I appreciate the change of pace from linear to non-linear though. I actually almost died against that (optional?) tree boss on the eastern island. Good thing Zola was equipped with something that absorbed all of its attacks.

Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2009, 07:41:57 PM »

Been playing KotoR 1 and 2 (1 on PC, 2 on 360) and Dungeon Explorers on PSP, along with quite a bit of Hot Shots golf on the PSP.  Finished up Dungeon Explorers and will be posting a review soon.

I await this review. I have really mixed feelings about Dungeon Explorer - I'm hoping someone can finally properly vocalize my opinion. I mean, it's annoying, but then again, I played it for 40 hours, then again, I wasn't even halfway through the fucking thing.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2009, 08:05:21 PM »

I like FFX's puzzle bosses but good god I suck at them. I'm at one in the uh... last...ish... temple area thingy. Where you have to move around it.

That is a bitch of a boss. It's sort of a red lobster/scorpian looking thing, right? Really Really cool boss... but a total pain in the ass. It doesn't help that the boss is immediately (though you get to save) followed by the hardest manditory boss in the game: Yunelesca... good god, that's like a hard final boss that they threw into the middle, she even has multipul stages. FUCK.

But I had trouble with FFX in places. Seymour's first two fights gave me a hell of a time (especially the one on the mountain). I had no trouble with his final though.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 19, 2009, 09:07:16 PM »

If there's one game I did a LOT of grinding in, it was FFX. Now, I don't remember WHAT was going through my head, but I had Yuna to the point where she was stronger than Tidus AND Auron. I remember killing some boss (I forget which) before the cool music could really kick in. Sad.

As for DDS2....

Code:
I'm on the Sun. Man, this game just got fucking WEIRDER. Althooough it did mean there were certain mantra that Sera learned that Seraph didn't have to learn all over again. Have to say though, I prefer the demon designs of Varna and Varnina to the new one.

So I got skills for Serph and uh..Gale I think. And I didn't get Argilla's. I guess I fucked up in DDS1 on that one. :P And Heat never rejoined, so yeah I dunno.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 09:10:07 PM by kyuusei » Logged

NANOMACHINES, SON.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 09:10:46 PM »

I've been playing Gears of War, a few years too late. :P  I had quite a bit of trouble getting used to the controls at first, but they've grown on me.

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 01:37:36 AM »

but I had Yuna to the point where she was stronger than Tidus AND Auron.

Good god you are like the king and queen of autism.

Anyway just got the Brawler achievement in QL, because I got five gauntlet frags in one match. I did okay in that match. I didn't place really high but I wasn't at the bottom, and I got more frags than deaths.

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 01:46:43 AM »

but I had Yuna to the point where she was stronger than Tidus AND Auron.

Good god you are like the king and queen of autism.

....why?

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 04:35:23 AM »

I dunno I just like saying that :[

Started playing CTF in QL 'cause one of my friends was. Anyway I managed to get the red flag back and allow my team to score. It was pretty hilarious because I died JUST as I touched the flag. It was sort of like the ending of Friday Night Lights, only I was moderately awesome and didn't lose. Shit was so cash.

(Also I maintain that I like the additions from Team Arena, because the nail gun is like flak from UT and it sort of adds classes in, a little).

By the way how do you increase aeons' stats in FFX?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 04:41:13 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 09:10:50 AM »

Devil May Cry 4 - Mission 12. Now I've got Dante to kick ass with. I actually really liked how Nero controlled, so it may take a little time to get used to using Dante. Either way, the game continues to kick ass, despite the bizarre attempt at a story.
I've got my copy of Vesperia staring at me, so that's next after DMC. I think. I may want to play something less action-oriented in between.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: