Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 02:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330170 Posts in 13528 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 173442 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #465 on: October 21, 2009, 01:14:46 AM »

Picked up Borderlands, played it all day.  I started a Hunter for solo play, got to level 11.  Then I started up Co-Op online with my girlfriend, I picked Soldier and she picked Siren.  Soldier's kinda boring, I'm not much for playing a support character.  We got to level 11 together and whenever we play again I'm just going to use my Hunter with her and do solo with the Soldier.  So far it's pretty much what I expected.  The game is definitely more fun when you do Co-Op.  Get quests, go kill shit, find items, return to quest giver.  Pretty basic formula, but with FPS elements.  I find it pretty enjoyable, but I don't think everybody's going to like it.  Doesn't seem like anybody on RPGFan is talking about it though, what's up people?!

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 21, 2009, 02:08:23 AM »

Doesn't seem like anybody on RPGFan is talking about it though, what's up people?!

It's coming over GameFly!

At which point I'll probably play mostly with people on the other forum I go to and barely say a thing here.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #467 on: October 21, 2009, 02:18:43 AM »

After a bit of fiddling, I got Riven working. Beautiful game.

Also my internet seems to be working. Let's see if I can apply to gradschool.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: October 21, 2009, 06:24:47 AM »

Taking advantage of that Internet Channel refund I downloaded River City Ransom this morning for my Wii. I just found a hidden shop that sells items that apparently can be used to provide major stat ups to a particular stat (for an exorbitant price).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: October 21, 2009, 10:21:22 AM »

I beat Tales of Legendia. I'm debating whether to do the character quests or not. You end up going back to previous dungeons, but there is a new story. Meh.

The character quests are actually part of the main game, they aren't separate.  When you "completed" the game, that was actually only the game's midboss.

Namco really messed that game up so much.

Spent yesterday playing DQ5 and Half-Minute Hero.  DQ5's hero sure has a crappy life, damn.  I got the kids and I've been wandering around trying to level them up, but with no particular quests to go on yet it's getting kind of boring.  I wish there was an easy way to kill Metal Slimes in this game.

Half-Minute Hero I'm still going through the basic Hero 30 mode, although I've found a few alternate paths so I don't really know when I'm going to finish and move on the Evil Lord 30.  This game is absolutely brilliant though, I must say.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: October 21, 2009, 01:55:03 PM »

I finally finished Umineko Episode 2, and that was one hell of an ending. I had to play it with my headphones in, but being so drawn in and after being assaulted both visually and aurally during that last scene, I ended it with tears forming in my eyes from such an intense experience. I really really like it, and I liked the 2nd episode better than the 1st, but I'm not 100% sure what to believe is going on yet. I guess I'll have to wait for answer episodes to find out.

Played some more Wild Arms XF as well. I'm on Act 1-9, I think. Difficulty is pretty good I'd say, I have to use my head for some battles, which is nice.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #471 on: October 21, 2009, 02:44:24 PM »

I got the kids and I've been wandering around trying to level them up, but with no particular quests to go on yet it's getting kind of boring.

... Why are you grinding in DQ5? Was there some mandatory grind and wait part at the beginning, like with Torneko in DQIV..?

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 21, 2009, 03:00:50 PM »

I did need to grind a bit, but that was with the final boss. Otherwise, uhh, just keep exploring and re-exploring the world until you figure out what to do. You may need to consult a faq.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: October 21, 2009, 03:17:21 PM »

Well, my Hero and monsters are all level 23-25, and the kids join at level 5.  And since the game keeps insisting on shoving them into my party, I figure it would be prudent to level them up a tad before doing anything.  It seems to be effective too, since Parry is about level 15 now and he's arleady outperforming the hero in terms of damage output.

I'm also trying to get an 'Old Man of the Sea' and a 'Restless Armor" to join, so that's a pretty decent excuse to grind.  I also seem to have found a new objective (The italian guy who paid for my wedding needs me to fight some giant swedish moose demon or something that compeltely crushed my party) so I need to grind a bit to deal with it.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 21, 2009, 06:59:24 PM »

You can wait on that. And, uhh, really should too.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: October 21, 2009, 07:55:44 PM »

Doesn't seem like anybody on RPGFan is talking about it though, what's up people?!

I got it and played it a bit. It's pretty cool, and, though I don't play many FPSs, I can certainly see my self playing this for a bit. 

Other than that, I've been playing Brutal Legend and Magna Carta 2 and I've also been throwing in a bit of Uncharted 2 multiplayer here and there.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: October 21, 2009, 09:00:49 PM »

Went back to playing Ar Tonelico for a little bit, and I got further.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: October 21, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »

Wizardry: TotFL - think I screwed up getting some characters or something.  Oh well, on to floor 9.

Dungeon Siege II - rather neat but I screwed myself by not realizing how the skill trees could be abused.  Oh well, only an hour or so into the game is an easy reset.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: October 22, 2009, 04:06:02 AM »

Well, my Hero and monsters are all level 23-25, and the kids join at level 5.  And since the game keeps insisting on shoving them into my party, I figure it would be prudent to level them up a tad before doing anything.  It seems to be effective too, since Parry is about level 15 now and he's arleady outperforming the hero in terms of damage output.

How the hell is Parry doing more damage than your MC?

That as an aside, its worth leveling up Parry at least since he eventually learns Insulate, Multiheal, and Revive making him one of the best support characters in the game.

Anyways, I've made it to River City High in River City Ransom. Maxed my Throw rating and Health total and I'm doing a little more grinding before I wrap this up.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: October 22, 2009, 09:41:26 AM »

MGS4 - This game has a way of taking a turning a (proposed in my head)30 minute play session into an hour and a half. I have to get up too early(5:30) in the morning to be up til 11:30 or 12.
Anyway. Looks like I'm about to end Act 4:
Code:
I made it to the point where you are fighting Liquid in giant robots. Bad ass! I had to force myself to to turn it off. It took me forever to beat Vamp because I suck at CQC. Had to have "killed" him over 20 times before finally getting it right.
Then we have the Naomi stuff, which totally confuses me. There's no real explanation as to why she turned traitor(or was all along) She even continues to fawn over Vamp as he is dying. Snake should have killed her on sight. Too hot for that, I guess.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: