Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 30, 2014, 07:20:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327766 Posts in 13420 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 172434 times)
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: November 16, 2009, 10:20:12 PM »

Well I finally beat Devil Summoner 2. Same thing happened with DS1, I put it down for a long time and then just beat it in one shot. Overall, it was a much more enjoyable experience than the first one, though I still found the first one to be enjoyable if only for the setting, story and music. The gameplay was much improved this time around. Anyway, on with more Bayonetta and Assassin's Creed II later tonight. I'll probably continue Okami later as well.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 10:21:59 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: November 17, 2009, 03:08:44 AM »

Started Assassin's Creed 2.  Color me impressed.  This game manages to eliminate all of the things I hate about the first and improve on just about every aspect of the game.  The graphics and music are top notch, the gameplay is much improved.  Variety of missions completely destroys the first, though that's not really saying much.  Italy is a way better setting for this type of game then the zzzzzzfest that was The Crusades.  The modern day stuff is also awesome thus far, I'm loving the direct continuation from the first game.  It's so much more fun to run around cities now, due to fairly obvious changes.  Whenever you do a mission now you no longer have to return to the person who gave it to you to get credit for finishing it.  On top of that, you can aggro guards in the middle of a mission and it doesn't make you autofail.  Autofailing is not fun.  This game is awesome so far, I'll give it a 9/10 based on 2 hours of impressions.  Let's see if it goes downhill or jumps to Game of the Year type of appeal.  :D

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: November 17, 2009, 07:34:40 AM »

^Cool. I'm running out to pick it up sometime later along with Left 4 Dead 2. So much gaming goodness latley. Just to stay on topic...more MW2 and I recently started a new game of FFVIII for some reason. I think it was just to start playing/collecting cards in triple triad. I get hooked on that so easily.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
eXaX

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: November 17, 2009, 08:39:24 AM »

Finished Cryostasis:Sleep of Reason. Brilliant story and gameplay.

I've also been playing The Void (PC) and Siren:Blood Curse (Ps3). Chapter 3 of Siren was intense.
Code:
Fleeing from a Shibito-infested hospital as a child is intense
Borderlands up to lvl 19. Taking a break from it now since I'm officially burned out.

I'm thinking about using this down-time to play point-and-click games. Atleast Darkness Within and maybe Scratches again (I need to finish both of them =/)

Oh and I bought L4D2. I must say I regret it. I almost never played the original so I can't see myself playing this one for a long time.

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: November 17, 2009, 10:32:18 PM »

I put it on hold for a long time, but I finally beat Digital Devil Saga 2!!! I literally jumped out of my chair and celebrated when I dealt the final blow to the last boss. Mainly because it took me 4 or 5 tries to kill the guy. The DDS series is one of the best series of games I've ever played.

Now I'm going back to Persona 3 to beat that, then on to P4.

"Oh, a hunter..."
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: November 18, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »

Long time coming, but I finally finished up Uncharted. Definitely one of the best games I've played in a long time and I can see why the game/series gets so much love. That's one game down, nine more to go before I can make another video game purchase (Uncharted 2 definitely a contender for that).

Made some more progress in Bowser's Inside Story. Now I'm collecting Star Cures I think... off to find the second one at Bowser's Castle. One thing I love about this series are the boss battles, or I guess the battle system in general and how dynamic it is... how you have to pay attention to cues to dodge attacks and all that. More RPGs need this or need to borrow ideas from this series.

Haven't touched Diabolical Box in a minute, but I can pick that back up whenever.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: November 18, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

Assassin's Creeds 2 is great although so far it seems like Grand Theft Auto for some reason with the missions i'm getting. I'm very early into it though.  Left 4 Dead 2 is also great but i'm lagging out horribly and I don't know why.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #652 on: November 18, 2009, 10:46:20 PM »

Finished up Bowser's Inside Story - easy to see what so many loved about it.  Doing some more grinding wouldn't have killed me, but I made it as it was, and that's good enough for me.  I wish I knew what the missing badge was for Luigi, though.  I had the Good, Great, and Excellent badges, but there was still an empty space. :(

I bought a 64 Gb iPod Touch last week, and have been playing with it a lot.  Finished my first playthrough of Dungeon Hunter just now.  Going to play it again to see how the other classes are.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Aeolus
I'm not evil!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: November 19, 2009, 03:29:07 AM »

Picked Ogre Battle back up. Cleared the fifth battle and spared Deneb. Now I have to find some item for her. At least I got a black pearl out of it.

Also cleared mission 3 in Advanced Wars.

Also I've picked Pokemon Pearl back up as well. Mostly I'm grinding for more evolutions for Pokedex credit.

You've misunderstood me. I just seek your death only because you're in the way of my goal of world conquest. I can't help it that I have evil ambitions and am named Dark Lord. Honest.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: November 19, 2009, 09:41:19 AM »

Uncharted - Just started Chapter 17. I am wondering how much longer this will go(Don't tell me!). I'm guessing 20. Wish I could play this in bigger chunks of time. I hate to stop the momentum. I also wish you could carry more than 2 guns! Then again, I suppose that adds to the tension.

Playing:
Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
Dincrest
Onoda
RPGFan Editor

Lieutenant Commander Vacation

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: November 19, 2009, 06:09:25 PM »

I'm hitting a brick wall in Atelier Annie's sixth assignment.  Gah, why can't people stop hounding me for requests when I can't even synthesize the required materials properly, maintain my buildings properly, and hopefully not flunk. 

"Immortality is a manga artist without deadlines.  Without deadlines, the manga artist will never get the job done."
   -Battle Angel Alita: Last Order, Phase 58
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:11 PM »

I started Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony.

I'm starting to realize that I usually like the games John Tucker ends up reviewing.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #657 on: November 20, 2009, 01:04:40 AM »

Cool - thanks, Willy. :)  Glad to know I'm not alone.

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #658 on: November 20, 2009, 01:15:37 AM »

It's finals week so not much in the way of gaming. I ordered L4D2 and had it sent to my house instead of my dorm because I just wouldn't have the time nor the opportunities to really enjoy it here. I've also subsequently played too much L4D2 Demo and L4D1 in anticipation of the game, so I'm hoping I'm not gonna be sick of it by the time I get home.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: November 20, 2009, 04:37:48 AM »

Started playing Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup (some evolution of Linley's Crawl). It seems more Angbandish than Nethack *in a sense*, however, it's not particularly like Angband either (dungeon memory, for instance, as well as less grind). I'm out of the loop with roguelikes.

It's good, though, AND it has paperdolling in the sprite version. It's actually like IVAN sort of, only done, without the area-bas...okay it's not at all like IVAN nevermind.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: