Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 04:04:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334573 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 174611 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #945 on: January 10, 2010, 01:47:29 AM »

Just finished Matt Hazard: Blood Bath and Beyond on "Damn this is hard!" mode, tomorrow I'm going to attempt "FUCK THIS SHIT" mode.  This is easily one of the best run n' gun shooters I've ever played, and if you like this genre and don't buy this game you are a LIAR and a FRAUD.  The sheer number of hilarious videogame references in this warrants the $15 by itself, the gameplay being good is almost an aftethrough.

If this dev studio dies, a little part of me will die with it.
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #946 on: January 10, 2010, 03:11:02 AM »

Blasted through Bayonetta, on Hard Mode. That went by a lot smoother than my Normal Mode run did. Must be because of that accessory that lets me parry attacks, Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa. But yeah, parrying every fucking attack that came at me was some intense fun. Going to blast through Non-Stop Infinite Climax Mode tomorrow, and try to get the last 10 trophies I need.

Planning to trade it in and put the credit into No More Heroes 2 pre-order. I'll probably pick up Bayonetta 360 version once the price goes down a fair bit.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 03:26:15 AM by Dizzy » Logged

Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #947 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:13 AM »

I think I'm going to learn Crusader Kings event scripting in order to change some issues I have with how laws work in the game. Should be interesting. Also did the tutorials in Hearts of Iron 2 and managed to get that mod installed for EU3. Should be fun.

It seems Arsenal of Democracy (a commercial HoI2 mod that's coming up soon) is much better, so I'd wait for that instead.

I'm hoping they will announce Crusader Kings 2 on their upcoming convention. I like CK1's ideas, it's just that the new engine would be more flexible for modders and maybe we'd have a chance of playing non-Christian countries, if not in vanilla, at least in a mod.

I'm interested in Vicky 2, actually. I don't like the engine the original is based on (too deterministic most of the time), but I have hopes for the second entry because of them streamlining the mechanics and UI a bit.

Too bad I have an antique computer, I'd like to mess around with EU3 a lot, as it's evolved a lot from the vanilla days (thanks to In Nomine expansion and Magna Mundi mod).

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #948 on: January 10, 2010, 11:58:53 AM »

Paper Mario: 2.5 hours.  Having not played my N64 in years, I was surprised by how much fun this was and kind of wish I hadn't dismissed the system altogether due to the RPG drought.  Unfortunately, I can't play some of my other "new" N64 RPGs until some memory paks make it to my door...Game still looks terrible with the RAM expander, but I guess that's to be expected when you're talking about a system that's 3 generations old.

Pikmin 2: half an hour.  Interesting.  Didn't bother with it too much since I haven't finished Pikmin yet. :P

Baten Kaitos: another 3 hours or so.  Character balance really sucks in this game (as I've mentioned before).  I'm not digging how the healing magnus likes to evolve...to crap that doesn't heal.  Which wouldn't be so bad if you could buy an unlimited amount of healing magnus, but the game limits those too.  Fortunately (?), it's pretty easy to just power past enemies with offense.  I felt a little uncomfortable in my last boss battle with my glass cannon though...

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #949 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:13 PM »

Flower - The best damn Wii game that's not on the Wii! So I beat this thing already, and had a ton of fun doing so. That damn turbine level was just stunning. I enjoyed just flying around through the fields of flowers listening to the music. I will go back through some of the areas to get all the petals, and get more trophies. $10 well spent.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #950 on: January 10, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »

Started playing WoW after bf and friends got me into it. Playing a troll mage and got him to level 17 so far. I have mixed feelings about the game at the moment, but I'm having fun overall.
Sketch
Sam I Am

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #951 on: January 10, 2010, 05:18:38 PM »

I'm running through Half-Life 2: Episode One right now, in addition to Radiata Stories, which I had completely forgotten about playing ever since I got into my new dorm. Hopefully I'll be able to play it consistently before the reading/papers start piling up.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #952 on: January 10, 2010, 05:23:36 PM »

Game still looks terrible with the RAM expander, but I guess that's to be expected when you're talking about a system that's 3 generations old.

IIRC, doesn't the memory expander actually only affect a handful of games, and does nothing to the rest?
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #953 on: January 10, 2010, 05:31:35 PM »

It seems Arsenal of Democracy (a commercial HoI2 mod that's coming up soon) is much better, so I'd wait for that instead.

Yes but:

A) It's commercial.
B) I'm cheap.
C) I already have HoI2.

I like CK1's ideas, it's just that the new engine would be more flexible for modders and maybe we'd have a chance of playing non-Christian countries, if not in vanilla, at least in a mod.

Problem with the new engine is that it doesn't work unless your card has full shader model... 3.0? 2.0? support, which mine doesn't. Which is dumb as hell because there's no reason the game has such high system requirements. EU3 looks like crap anyway.

Biggest problem, though (the shader thing is somewhat fixable) is that if you don't have enough video ram the game takes like ten minutes to load. Why vram affects load times is completely mysterious to me because frankly it shouldn't. I don't have much regular ram either though so...

In other words I can only run directX 8 games fully.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #954 on: January 10, 2010, 05:58:20 PM »

Game still looks terrible with the RAM expander, but I guess that's to be expected when you're talking about a system that's 3 generations old.

IIRC, doesn't the memory expander actually only affect a handful of games, and does nothing to the rest?

Some games require it, the rest supposedly benefit from it.  But I dunno, it's not like I've played Paper Mario without it to compare.  It plays at 640x480 res instead of 320x240 though, so I figure it must support it. 

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #955 on: January 11, 2010, 01:48:30 AM »

Mirror's Edge (PS3): played in a couple sessions and managed to beat it. I loved the platforming elements in this game, it's almost exhilirating just jumping from rooftop to rooftop, ducking under pipes and climbing over fences in such a seamless fashion. The gunplay segments were really frustrating though, I ended up dying quite a bit. Other things I loved were the music, and the more subtle things like the sound effects (breathing, the sound of falling off 20 stories) all were really well done.

The game is really short, which is good in my case, but I'd be pissed if I spent $60 on that.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #956 on: January 11, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »

Thanks to refer-a-friend and someone willing to run me through instances I got 10 levels in 2 hours on WoW. From 40-50 in less than 2 hours is awesome.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #957 on: January 11, 2010, 05:57:19 PM »

Well, I've just been playing Bayonetta and Darksiders. I'm playing on Infinite Climax right now in Bayonetta. It's pretty much the hard difficulty sans witch time, so it isn't too bad. Though I will admit that I've been using the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa and the Evil Rosary Harvest to mitigate the difficulty just a bit. Otherwise, I'm about 6 hours into Darksiders; and it's been great so far. I also snagged Divinity II off Ebay for a grand total of seven dollars. I'm wondering if anyone here has played it and can tell me of its quality or lack thereof.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:59:51 PM by Jet16 » Logged
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #958 on: January 11, 2010, 11:53:13 PM »

I'm playing on Infinite Climax right now in Bayonetta. It's pretty much the hard difficulty sans witch time, so it isn't too bad. Though I will admit that I've been using the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa and the Evil Rosary Harvest to mitigate the difficulty just a bit.
Oh nice. I thought there was going to be ungodly amounts of Fairnesses and Graces/Glory, on some ridiculous hyper-bullshit mode, or something. :l

I haven't started it yet, since I was hunting all the other trophies/achievements, but I'll probably start it after school tomorrow, since all I need to do is the last Alfheim trial. This game has been a blast all-around, and I plan to do all these achievements again on 360. :P

Dice
Super Happy Fun Super Girl
AMG A GIRL

Tawdry Hepburn

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #959 on: January 12, 2010, 12:09:35 AM »

I got Bayonetta...and wow.  Never a dull moment in that game.  Much harder than I thought it would be too.  Its a game that truly rewards your correct actions, and punishes your mistakes.

I was halo-farming against the Chapter VII boss after I saw how well Durga's Lightning claws work on him.  Exploiting witch time against the right attacks (with Selene's Light) put me up to 1 million halo's per fight, no items. =D

http://society6.com/Dice963
http://www.redbubble.com/people/dice9633

Support your local Dice (and pitch her ideas)!
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: