Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 06:03:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334854 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 174705 times)
sandiny0ursh0es

sandiny0ursh0es
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1005 on: January 18, 2010, 07:13:39 PM »

I completed everything there is to do in New Super Marios Bros Wii in single player mode. Such a great game! I still haven't messed around much with multiplayer, but 1P is satisfying enough.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1006 on: January 18, 2010, 07:17:06 PM »

With the Fatal Frame 4 translation patch finished, I decided to finally pick up where I left off (from Chapter 5). Oh my god, I feel like I have a newborn daughter coming to life. Words cannot describe how happy I am. :P

I might actually start from the beginning though, 'cause I'm kind of curious about some of the story I missed (but I think I understood most of it anyway).

EDIT: Oh, and more Half Minute Hero fun. Princess 30 never gets old.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:19:51 PM by Dizzy » Logged

Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1007 on: January 18, 2010, 09:42:10 PM »

I started up Yakuza 2 again and played it straight all day. Damn good game, I can't believe that I actually stopped playing it. I'm even more excited for Yakuza 3 now, March just can't come soon enough. I also started up a new game+ on Mass Effect but lost all the interest to play it through a second time. It was alright the first time but I just can't bring myself to play it again right now. It sort of left a bad taste in my mouth which has pulled ME2 from my day one purchase list. Otherwise, I've been playing more Darksiders and Dragon Age. Darksiders is still awesome and I'm warming a bit up to Dragon Age, though I still find myself in disagreement with the reception it has gotten. I've also been thinking of starting up Breath of Fire V since I'm putting Suikoden V on hold.
Tooker
RPGFan Editor

king_friday@hotmail.com PeopleJohnT bigfatusername@yahoo.com
View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: January 18, 2010, 09:53:25 PM »

...promptly died in the TUTORIAL mission of Hard mode...

You could always tell yourself that it's supposed to be like Demon's Souls.  You know, where you HAVE to die in that mission. :)

Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand.
—Kurt Vonnegut
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1009 on: January 18, 2010, 10:01:12 PM »

DA - Village of Haven and the subsequent "dungeon":
Playing through some Ice caverns looking for the Urn. I encounter some dude named Kilgrim or something. I don't like what he's saying so I fight him. He promptly hands me my ass. I try again. He hands it to me a second time. I am forced to go with the option I didn't like, as it is obvious I will not win. Keep in mind, I already switched it over to Casual mode. I imagine I'm somehow "playing it wrong"
I now wonder how long I'll even make it in the game if casual mode is kicking my ass. My next task is the Gauntlet. We'll see how that goes.

What race/class/specializations are you using, also, what party members? I've been having fun replaying this game using new tactics for each area. I tend to be able to come up with obscure and needlessly contrived ways to defeat anything.
Also, for pretty much any situation like that, use Shale's Stone Aura. Just think of being in that blue circle as being 3 levels higher in stats, and having health/stamina regeneration in the process. It's a useful way to deal with crap like, I dunno, a High Dragon.

---

I'm playing a Mage in Dragon Age right now because I deleted the Ostagar DLC, and I can't play my Rogue that had 100 hours into her. Fuck.
I'm doing Arcane Warrior and she is currently using Blood Dragon Armor and has been since level 7. She is a beast of apocalypse. I swear she just takes 1 damage from anything she doesn't resist, which is 50% of the time. Have at you, bitches.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1010 on: January 18, 2010, 10:45:18 PM »

Albion. Not exactly sure what I'm supposed to do. I can't find any damn stat trainers, I don't have any money for new equipment, and the enemies are far, far more difficult and numerous than on the last continent. Opinion of this game is starting to plummet.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1011 on: January 19, 2010, 04:10:25 AM »

Albion was totally the inspiration for the movie Avatar, btw.

Dragon Age: Murdered everything in the Warden's Keep. My Arcane Warrior currently has Fatigue at 99.95%. Too bad fatigue doesn't mean shit on a mage. The near-infinite armor does, though.

Currently using a sword and shield so I look like a Revenant. I pretty much am, at this point.
GrimReality
Dark Lord of Nostalgia

OK, options aren't SO bad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1012 on: January 19, 2010, 08:58:47 AM »

DA - Village of Haven and the subsequent "dungeon":
Playing through some Ice caverns looking for the Urn. I encounter some dude named Kilgrim or something. I don't like what he's saying so I fight him. He promptly hands me my ass. I try again. He hands it to me a second time. I am forced to go with the option I didn't like, as it is obvious I will not win. Keep in mind, I already switched it over to Casual mode. I imagine I'm somehow "playing it wrong"
I now wonder how long I'll even make it in the game if casual mode is kicking my ass. My next task is the Gauntlet. We'll see how that goes.

What race/class/specializations are you using, also, what party members? I've been having fun replaying this game using new tactics for each area. I tend to be able to come up with obscure and needlessly contrived ways to defeat anything.
Also, for pretty much any situation like that, use Shale's Stone Aura. Just think of being in that blue circle as being 3 levels higher in stats, and having health/stamina regeneration in the process. It's a useful way to deal with crap like, I dunno, a High Dragon.

---

I'm playing a Mage in Dragon Age right now because I deleted the Ostagar DLC, and I can't play my Rogue that had 100 hours into her. Fuck.
I'm doing Arcane Warrior and she is currently using Blood Dragon Armor and has been since level 7. She is a beast of apocalypse. I swear she just takes 1 damage from anything she doesn't resist, which is 50% of the time. Have at you, bitches.

I am an elf mage. My party consists of Alistair, Morrigan, and the dog. Seems to work ok most of the time. Someones always dying, though, especially against tougher foes.
Shale? That's the golem, right? I do not have him. I DLed the content with the code, but I haven't done anything with it yet.
That's the "problem" I have with these non-linear games. I don't know what to do when. Should I have already tried to get Shale? It didn't occur to me to do so.

Playing: TWD Season 2, Alan Wake
Reading: Mistborn #2 by Brandon Sanderson
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1013 on: January 19, 2010, 11:53:38 AM »

I am an elf mage. My party consists of Alistair, Morrigan, and the dog. Seems to work ok most of the time. Someones always dying, though, especially against tougher foes.
Shale? That's the golem, right? I do not have him. I DLed the content with the code, but I haven't done anything with it yet.
That's the "problem" I have with these non-linear games. I don't know what to do when. Should I have already tried to get Shale? It didn't occur to me to do so.

You can do that quest at anytime after you get access to the map. It should be a shiny spot on there towards the bottom left. I got Shale towards the beginning of the game.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1014 on: January 19, 2010, 11:04:43 PM »

Did I mention I beat Bayonetta?  Did I even mention I was playing it? :P

Fucking fantastic game, hampered only by that boring missile riding shit towards the end that took way too fucking long.

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1015 on: January 19, 2010, 11:50:30 PM »

Trying to kill that fucking dragon in 1-2 in Demons Souls.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
(Tunnels)
Professional Thinger

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1016 on: January 20, 2010, 01:30:05 AM »

In anticipation of Mass Effect 2, I've started a new game in the original. At first I made a FemShep Vanguard, with aspirations of doing Renegade, but I'm too much of a pussy to actually make many of the Renegade decisions. So, then I made a DudeShep Infiltrator, and of course aiming at Paragon. My first Shep was also Paragon, but he did have around 25% Renegade at the end, so I know I am capable of doing Renegade somewhat.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1017 on: January 20, 2010, 03:01:12 AM »

Code:
Phantasy Star IV: Currently in Dezolis right now, game is really good.

My only gripe in PSIV is the naming convention of spells. I only know what Deban, Res, Gigres, Sar, Tsu, and Gra do.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1018 on: January 20, 2010, 04:41:04 AM »

Code:
Phantasy Star IV: Currently in Dezolis right now, game is really good.

My only gripe in PSIV is the naming convention of spells. I only know what Deban, Res, Gigres, Sar, Tsu, and Gra do.

Foi is Fire, Wat is Ice, Zan is Wind, Vol is Death, Rimit is also Death, Hinas is Outside, Ryuka is Return, Anti cures Poison, Rimpa cures Paralysis, Arows cures Sleep, Rever cures Dead, Regen is Broken, Saner raises Agility, Shift raises Attack, Doran lowers Agility, Gelun lowers Dexterity, Seals silences Enemies, Brose increases Weight?, Megid is Ultima, and Na anything is Level 3.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Dios GX
Banninated

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1019 on: January 20, 2010, 03:45:50 PM »

Well at the risk of sounding like a dick, don't use the dog. He's useful early on when you don't have a good selection of party members, but he is easily out-classed by almost anybody.

And to get Shale, after downloading the DLC, go to the golden glowing area on the far west of the map and talk to the NPC named Felix. Go through his dialogue and pretty much no matter what (unless you outright say "no") you'll get a Golem Control Rod. At that point, Honneleath opens up. Go there, do the quests which are very linear, and you'll have Shale in your party. You can acquire him as soon as you are done with Ostagar, more or less.

I also suggest if you are an elf mage to look into a specialization. To which, I would have to suggest Arcane Warrior, which is unlocked in the werewolves' den. You'll eventually find a Phylactery deep in the den, just before you drop down the liquid portal to where you first encounter a werewolf. To unlock Arcane Warrior, go through the dialogue with the Phylactery, make sure to ask it to be taught Arcane Warrior's secrets, then set it free. The first Arcane Warrior skill allows you to use your Magic stat in place of Strength for equipment. Thus, my elf mage is using a full set of Warden Commander's Armor to reduce spellcost.

I believe if you asspaddle Wynne enough (who is an old pervert btw) you can learn Spirit Healer from her. If not it's just in a book somewhere, be sure to check merchants often. Also, save before purchasing a Specialization book. You can save your game, buy the books, and load the save before you actually purchased them and your specializations will remain unlocked, as they are linked to your Dragon Age main data, and not a specific character.

---

DA: Picked Blood Mage as my second specialization and I'm not sure if I regret it yet. Spirit Healer would have been nice, but for later levels Blood Mage seems like it'll come in handy. Outside of that, I need to find a new sword for my mage. Her current one just feels too old. Might roam around until I get the Superman Cutscene so I can make a Starmetal sword.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: