Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 25, 2014, 10:17:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338358 Posts in 13851 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84 Print
Author Topic: RPGFan Game Journal XX - Sharpened Pencil Midnight Bathouse  (Read 175007 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1170 on: February 15, 2010, 12:15:15 AM »

Finished my false harem run in FE:SD. Remember how I said I wasn't going to get any of my characters to level 20/20 or 30? I lied. Marth made 30 while Lena, Catria, and Athena all made 20/20.

Anyways, I've now started my legitimate run on H5 mode. Made it to chapter 3 and you can tell that this version has taken off the kids gloves just by discerning who's recruitable based on who has abysmal stats compared to everything else. Ogma and Cain are tearing up the competition with Barst being occasionally useful thanks to his 30+ HP (he can take two shots and still keep going unlike everyone else) while everyone else is of varying degrees of suck.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Kstar
Editor Emeritus

I Remember Everything

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1171 on: February 15, 2010, 01:34:43 PM »

Been playing Silent Hill: Shattered Memories for the Wii.  The controls are't the greatest, but damn this game is awesome.  They really tried to create the atmosphere and make you feel like you are actually a part of the game rather than just playing it.  It's also really cool that everything you do in the game can have a direct impact on it, plus I'm curious to see how the tests I've done with the psychologist will pan out for my ending in the game. 

"We're all lying in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars" -Oscar Wilde

"To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest."
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1172 on: February 15, 2010, 01:52:16 PM »

I'm playing flow and flower. A nice change of pace after several months of MP mayhem in KZ2, U2 and wipeout.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1173 on: February 15, 2010, 08:36:11 PM »

Justabout done with the sand temple in TP. Got the spinnaz and the Boss Key. Got all the useful chests.

also played lunar a bit. It's pretty cool that if you go back to various towns after becoming Dragon Mastur the dialogue changes although I guess I'd forgotten that Luna and Alex sort of have this quasi incest thing going on and I'm not sure how to feel about that!

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1174 on: February 16, 2010, 12:36:54 PM »

Nearing the end of WKC so I picked up Demon's Souls for my 2nd PS3 game. A very interesting game...I love the atmosphere. I have died many times, mostly due to my own impatience. I didn't feel like I was making progress at all, but I do like how shortcuts open up throughtout the level as you advance.

As far as WKC, I feel the same way as I did about NWN. NWN was essentially a tool kit that was shipped with a main quest. The main quest sucked compared to most modules developed. WKC is basically a MMORPG-lite that has a single player campain included. It's decent, short enough to not overstay it's welcome, but those who will enjoy it need to be into the grinding that is involved in the "real" game, ie all the guild ranks and quests.
Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1175 on: February 16, 2010, 03:24:06 PM »

^ Yeah, WKC is not the huge smattering of shit that a lot of reviewers made it out to be. A good time can be had with it. I'm only at level 8 in the main quest right now and I haven't touched the online component yet.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1176 on: February 16, 2010, 04:43:55 PM »

TP - Beat Arbiter's Ground. Need to find a plot summary somewhere since I completely forgot what I was doing since I uh... finished whatever the last dungeon before that was.

Super Metroid - Spring ball. That was... really, really hard to get. Because I suck dicks at wall jumping.

Some other fucking thing. Seriously I was going to say something but totally forgot what.

o/` I do not dream o/`

Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1177 on: February 16, 2010, 05:36:34 PM »

Dragon Age:

In Redcliffe, Alistair gained his 14th level and his subsequent specialization point by examining the "No Swimming" sign at Redcliffe's lake.

Following that, Morrigan gained her 14th level by examining the Grocery List in the general store, and became a Blood Mage.

I feel like I'm playing Earthbound now.
Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1178 on: February 16, 2010, 07:09:37 PM »

TP - Beat Arbiter's Ground. Need to find a plot summary somewhere since I completely forgot what I was doing since I uh... finished whatever the last dungeon before that was.

Super Metroid - Spring ball. That was... really, really hard to get. Because I suck dicks at wall jumping.

Some other fucking thing. Seriously I was going to say something but totally forgot what.

Is that the part with all those weird looking creatures hopping up the side of the wall? I remember trying to do that for hours. Pain the butt!

Just finished defeating the final boss in Devil Summoner:RK vs. SA. That was actually one of the harder boss battles I've done in a while. It was more about survival, though. The limit on the amount of items to hold really makes it harder, because you have to use them sparingly in long fights like this if you want to survive.

Since I just got part 2 in the mail today(with bonus Raiho plushie! <3) I'll start that up later on tonight. I'm expecting to love part 2 much more.

"Oh, a hunter..."
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1179 on: February 16, 2010, 10:01:44 PM »

Is that the part with all those weird looking creatures hopping up the side of the wall? I remember trying to do that for hours. Pain the butt!

I don't think so..?

Devil Summoner 2 improves on the original in pretty much every way, btw. Know I've said it before, but...

Anyway I was playing Oracle of Seasons while letting my Harddrive defrag. I jumped into some subrosan portal and immediately had my roc's feather taken away, and the only way to get it back is some awkward, repetitive stealth segment. Yeah. I don't think I'm gonna be playing this anymore.

Discovered that there are glasses I can use to get water in Nameless. IIIIIiinteresting.

Then I started drawing some anteater priest/priestess thing.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2481/anteatereyes3.png
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 01:26:46 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

Draak

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1180 on: February 17, 2010, 03:15:24 AM »

So I finished Etrian Odyssey II. Done all quests and optional stuff. Thought there would be a special ending or something among the lines... Maybe I need to complete the compendium, but I'm not OCD enough to do so. Oh well. Overall it was a great game!
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 17, 2010, 03:38:46 AM »

I've been switching to Etrian Odyssey II myself every so often from my Lost Odyssey playing. I think it's making me realize the problems with JRPGs transitioning to the current generation; this might just be seen as rephrasing the problem but it seems to me that it's less of the games being outdated as that the technology of modern consoles can be far more than they really need. Something like EOII goes by nice and fast because of how minimalist it is, whereas the same actions in LO's engine would take something like 5 times longer at a minimum due to all the animations.

Of course, the developers could just suck too! Mistwalker's two debut games have arguably shown just why FFs have dropped their party member count over the years.
Raziel

Megaten Fan

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1182 on: February 17, 2010, 11:19:11 AM »

Devil Summoner 2 improves on the original in pretty much every way, btw. Know I've said it before, but...

Except the main story. That where they messed up a bit, in my opinion. Otherwise you're right, although if you've just completed the first game you may not like the recycled assets (and there's lots of reused assets).

I do enjoy it, however, and think it's still a very good game (bad Megaten is an excellent game, good Megaten is heavenly). I haven't completed it yet, I'm still in the 7th chapter, but I've made it to final dungeon.

daschrier

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1183 on: February 17, 2010, 12:11:15 PM »

Played some more Demon Souls last night. Beat the first mini boss and tried to do the 2nd part of the 1st level. After many attempts I finally got to the next mini boss and died before I could plan a strategy, so I just gave up and went to bed.
SonicDeathMonkey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1184 on: February 17, 2010, 01:24:02 PM »

I've been playing through FFTA2. Honestly I've never gotten into any tactical RPG. Ever. Other than playing Shining Force II on an emulator for like 10 hours before accidentally deleting my save and then never playing it again. Despite that's my only experience with this genre, this is the most addicted I've been to any game in quite some time.

I'm kinda confused by the abilities system to the extent that it's making me feel kind of stupid that I don't understand it by now. So basically, items you equip have abilities tied to them, which can be mastered at which point your character permanently gains the ability? I've been playing for a decent chunk of time now, and I haven't gotten much new equipment that I'm capable of equipping (other than a few new bows for Jydn). Should I be changing jobs more often just so I can master new abilities? Whatever, I'm sure I'll figure it out in time. I'm loving the quest-based storyline, which I have a soft spot for in JRPGs for some reason.

I'm also sporadically playing through Barkley Gaiden, which is incredibly funny. The battle system is way deeper and more interesting than I expected it to be.
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 84 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: