Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 23, 2014, 04:23:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331927 Posts in 13594 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  77% for the DS game 'Exit' by RPG Fan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: 77% for the DS game 'Exit' by RPG Fan  (Read 1402 times)
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2009, 02:23:13 PM »

Gamespot is showing a score of 77% for the DS game 'Exit' by RPG Fan but I can't find the review in your listings.

Has anyone played it, what's it like?
Buddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:27:03 PM »

I don't think Exit is an RPG, and I'm assuming RPG Fan is probably a reviewer over at Gamespot.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:32:11 PM »

Some sort of incomprehensible mislink, given that it goes to Neverland Card Battles. Anyways, it's fairly good from what I played, but it's also on PSP and XBLA. If you want to play it you can check it out on those two, my copy's a PSP one I got for a buck.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 10:36:41 PM »

The DS Exit is a completely different game from the PSP and XBLA versions.  It's more like Exit 1.5 because it incorporates some of the features from Exit 2 (which you can get on XBLA or if you're in Europe, on PSP) but the levels are completely new and original.

To answer the OP's question, Exit is a puzzle/platformer in which you have to manipulate your character, Mr. ESC, through various dangerous locales to rescue people in need.  You then have to use the abilities of the rescued persons to get everybody safely to the EXIT door.  For instance, Children can crawl through tight spaces and can run across crumbly floors without breaking them, but have a hard time climbing up or down gaps and they can't move heavy objects or swim in deep water.  Fat people can move extremely large blocks around but need a lot of room to move and although they have an easy time dropping down large gaps, they need help to get back up.  And so on.

Honestly, the Exit games are some of the best puzzle games I've played in a long, long time, and it's well worth picking them up.  I paid full price for my copy of Exit DS and I haven't regretted it for a second.  Just don't try to use the touch screen controls, they're awful.

I wrote a longer review over at Destructoid if you're interested.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:44:43 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: