Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 09:33:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319209 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Failure rates
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Failure rates  (Read 2947 times)
Lucca
AMG A GIRL

SUGAR PEAS!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »

Knock on wood, my Xbox360 isn't giving me any problems. The only time I actually remember it having an issue is that it froze up during Lost Oddessy. I took that as a sign that game might not be worth playing. ;) I do keep my warranty close at hand because of the failure rates and hope to god I'm one of the lucky ones.

The only systems to outright die on me was my PS1 (the lens reader gave out) and my first DS Lite. I dropped it and the hinge broke. It amazingly still worked, but only just. So I sold it on ebay (with pictures attached) and got 80 bucks for it.

Sometimes, ebay is a lovely, lovely place.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 03:15:22 PM »

survey of 5,000 readers? Eh, I'd like a higher count before looking at any percentages.

My 360 only has problems when I play Tales of Vesperia, which actually caused me to stop playing. It wasn't too bad though, I knew when the system was going to break down when the machine stopped making it's humming noise, which was an indicator to save that game immediately. I've never had troubles on any other game. I think my system is more game prejudice than broken.

Assume that for every 1 reader, their opinion is 90% similar to at least 200 more people.
kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 03:20:36 PM »

Ah yes, I remember now. My PSX gave out in '00 while playing Chrono Cross. It couldn't handle the wtfery that was the ending, or my wanting to start a New Game+. Whichever.

Yeah, there's always a 'within such-and-such-percent accuracy' that comes with polls depending on how many people polled and whatnot.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
dalucifer0
시발놈

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »

My 360 hasn't had any problems...but I haven't played it in 6 months. My PS3 hasn't had any problems, but I haven't played it in 8 months.

The failure rate was the main reason I bought the $199 version of the 360. I wouldn't buy it again even if it did break down since the main game I got it for it being ported to the PS3...

Only system that ever broke down on me was my SNES...but I was six years old and I didn't take very good of it.
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 06:21:04 PM »

You know what, I bought a fucking Super Nintendo from a Goodwill for fifteen bucks, and mother fucker still works when I want to play Lufia II or Earthbound.

I don't buy the "hurrr it's a disc it's fragile it uses TEH LAZORS." Use some of the goddamn price for your system to include shit that doesn't break. I dunno, I mean, I've still god a library of like 400 games from late 80s to late 90s, that I can still play just fine.

"High tech." More like a fucking Corvette, which doesn't come stock with a fucking radio or speakers. Piece of crap.

I still like my 360 though... when it fucking works. ;
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: