Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 26, 2014, 11:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338435 Posts in 13854 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm  (Read 19711 times)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2009, 01:38:59 PM »

I figured they were because Age of Conan subscribers got a similar offer recently and that game apparently has empty servers.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2009, 02:38:35 PM »

It is not an uncommon offer in MMOs. Especially around the anniversary of the game. Like it is now.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 03, 2009, 07:00:19 PM »

I disagree, memories are well and good, but content will always take precendence, and its much more "logical" to do this cataclysm then add some new world, and it allows you to visit areas, retaining some of those memories your so fond of, but allowing a new group of people to enjoy it, and making it enjoyable for people who would like to create alts, but are bored as hell by the earlier designs.  I mean honestly the only people using those early areas are mostly people who have done them over and over and over and over, and its nice to allow them some new stuff.  And if your really pissed because you can no longer one shot old dungeons, or because your one of those guilds that only plays vanilla wow because the rest of it is not up to your (imo) rediculous standards of some type, well boo hoo.  Thats minority for you, deal with it, or dont play.  Same thing about these people bitching about faction changes and stuff. You DONT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.  Its purely optional, and sorry to say it, but VIDEOGAMES ARE A BUSINESS, and businesses are about making money.  Same thing with the new vanity pets.  You are under absolutely NO obligation to buy it, and if you really feel your missing out because you cant have ever single pet..then go play diablo or something to satisfy your item whoring.

/end rant

/thread

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2009, 09:10:02 AM »

Ok, so their plan worked. I joined back up and in the span of 35 hours (real hours, not play hours) I went from 77 to 80. I was only about 10% or so into 77 too. Leveling went a lot faster than I expected.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 09:34:52 AM by Daggerstrike » Logged

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2009, 07:12:35 PM »

Yep, I got dragged back recently too. My roommate started playing again, so I did the same. Currently upgrading my gear in preparation for my guild's entrance into Icecrown Citadel. Thirty-seven thousand health, unbuffed, and counting....
Harlequin

Hi, I'm swedish

harlequin@stockholm.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2009, 08:04:01 PM »

You guys are right on time for the annual epic handout then ^^ Enjoy!

Be awesome instead.
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2009, 12:48:18 AM »

You guys are right on time for the annual epic handout then ^^ Enjoy!

Aww, do they make it hard for you to get your epeen nice and big by allowing everyone to get some decent items?

Kidding of course.

Honestly I do see it being much different than anything else theyve done with WotLK, though at least the designs are starting to get better with the loot, and from what ive read of icecrown, the ideas they have behind it are pretty cool.  Im sure for those epic l33t guilds, having to do the easier stuff to get to the harder stuff is gonna make them cry and moan, but I say good.  Keeps them from running through the content to quickly and then yelling "WHY IS THERE NOT ENOUGH ENDGAME CONTENT.  WHY CANT WE EVER BE CONTENT WITH OUR LOUSY LIVES THAT WE SOLELY DEDICATE TO THIS VIDEOGAME.  MOM GET ME SOME DAMN CHOCOLATE MILK!"

:P

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2009, 01:24:21 AM »

Yeah, I'm not sure why people complain so much. Just because people can gear up more easily to see current content now doesn't mean the work put into gearing up before is suddenly worth less or something. I don't get all butt-hurt about slogging through Naxxramas, and struggling through the first month of Ulduar content--I loved doing that stuff, and for all the people who say it's easy cause their guilds carried them through it and they never fought Ignis or Mimiron, pre-nerf, they missed out. Doesn't mean they should have to miss out on Icecrown Citadel, as well. The game isn't tailored for the hardcore--that's not a sound business decision when the hardcore are, realisticly, a tiny fraction of the game-population. Even though they do seem to be the most vocal.

Speaking of Icecrown, I cleared the first 3 bosses (Only took one shot at the fourth then we had to split up, but we would have had it!) today on ten-man with a few guild members and a bunch of PUG'd members. I'm loving the way Blizzard doing things lately; really pushing the "epic" feel of their content and it's making me more and more excited for Cataclysm (and also Diablo 3) all the time.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: December 17, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

WoW hackers can suck my testicles. Fucking asshole motherfuckers

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: December 17, 2009, 09:52:57 PM »

What the fuck, did you get your account stolen too?  It happened to me a few weeks ago.  For what it's worth, it was a relatively painless process to get everything back.

Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2009, 10:11:23 PM »

What the fuck, did you get your account stolen too?  It happened to me a few weeks ago.  For what it's worth, it was a relatively painless process to get everything back.

Yeah, I am in the process of getting it restored, have both an in game request and a website based request in. I want my shit back. I want the guilds shit back. I want the person that did it to get herpes in his eyes and to go blind, then get hit by a bus and eaten by crows. Fucking cum dumpster.

Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

I think this is a good time to mention they dropped the prices of the authenticator (or they got rid of shipping charges, one of the two)

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2009, 08:12:22 PM »

I think this is a good time to mention they dropped the prices of the authenticator (or they got rid of shipping charges, one of the two)

Yeah, I ordered one.

Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere, but where does everyone play at?

I'm on NerZhul, Alliance side.
Kinda want to find a new place to call home.
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2009, 10:09:10 PM »

I'm sure it's mentioned somewhere, but where does everyone play at?

I'm on NerZhul, Alliance side.
Kinda want to find a new place to call home.

Shandris Horde Side for Dan, Dade and Myself. Come join the dark side. We have cable.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: