Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 26, 2014, 01:21:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327449 Posts in 13407 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  World of Warcraft: Cataclysm
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm  (Read 18410 times)
Akito

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2010, 03:32:29 PM »

I have a free authenticator program on my Android phone but I've been too lazy to implement it. I'm thinking about passing on it now. Just staying off shady WoW-related sites and recognizing phishing emails should be good enough I think....

All this can be resolved if FFXIV is worth playing and I can quit WoW...yay!!
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2010, 05:17:40 PM »

still this trojan can be fixed easily, I won't panic until the actual authenticator system is cracked.  But hey corporations all over the world would be in a panic also.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Ragnarok-Sabin
Eternally Lurking

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 01, 2010, 02:51:21 PM »

Even with this trojan, your account is still safer with an authenticator on it. Keyloggers would gather your password and it could be used weeks later. This trojan is sending your authenticator password, which you just typed, to someone other than Blizzard. That means they have all of thirty seconds to log in before that code is useless. Just, like was said, don't go to shady WoW sites, and maybe run NoScript and your authenticator will still keep you safe from keyloggers.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 01, 2010, 08:52:19 PM »

Indeed Ragnarok.  From what I heard, I believe certain/most virus scanners are picking these trojans up so if you're concerned, you could always scan.  Definitely it's a timing thing and with the current trojan(s), you WILL know if you are infected or not.  Apparently, the trojan takes the authenticator code and exchanges it with one that won't work so you cannot log on.  So, it's a giant red flag if you can't log on and you have an authenticator. 

And Ryos you did indeed call it. 

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
XBL ID: Akanbe
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Twitter@AkanbeRPG
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: