Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 03, 2014, 01:27:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
330205 Posts in 13529 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Dragon Ball Online
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Ball Online  (Read 8621 times)
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:41 PM »

It's been quite a while since we got any new information regarding the game and it's been 2 years since is announcement. Well, now the official site is up with a new trailer (though from what I understand the speed is quite slow on the site for people outside of Korea. Here's a slightly faster version of the new trailer). For the most part, the trailer has shown us nothing with haven't seen yet aside from the mysterious character shown at the end who is mostly believed to be the leader of the "Evil Eye" organization of the current existing timeline. Enjoy
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:32:19 PM by Sebastian » Logged
HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »

looks good, didn't realize they were making a dragon ball mmo

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:52:37 PM »

The whole game gives off a Dragon Quest vibe. Toriyama's been working up different character design concept for different races for about the past 5 years since he's been working on other video games. The game looks like it'll be released in Korea sometime in September. Expect to hear more news in the coming months.

Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2009, 08:02:23 PM »

Looks like lots of new gameplay footage popped up over the past couple of days faster than I expected. Luckily, there's this French site that has compiled most of them for viewing. The scenery and level design is quite beautiful in that third video. I know this thread's been dead due to lack of gameplay footage, but hopefully this will stimulate some discussion.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »

That looks ok actually.  At the end of the first gameplay video, Vegeta beat the redhead by using an attack that had a faster charge time.  I saw some other things that indicate elements of strategy too.  I was worried about how the Korean click-move style would work in a Dragonball game, but it looks pretty good to me.  SMT: Imagine / Mabinogi have the best battle systems for Korean style MMO's, in my opinion.

...at least I think that MMO's featuring click-movement and player names using system fonts originated in Korea, I'm not totally sure.

edit: and the cinematic deathblows a la Fallout 3 are nice.

edit2: now I see that it isn't just click-movement, and there is jumping.  This looks awesome.  How has this been below the radar?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 07:19:57 PM by Fei » Logged

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2009, 04:34:00 PM »

There's a new video at the same site showing how the Majin and Namekian warriors play.

The game's pretty much been the below the radar due to mostly lack of interest since there hasn't been much news since its announcement, which was about 2 years ago. Now, we actually are getting some gameplay footage since it close to release in Korea. Also, the whole time travel mechanic in the game was included because of a major part in the story. It seems the faint, shadowy blue figure at the end of the second trailer has been messing around with the timeline a bit. You have to go back with the help of Future Trunks/Time Patrol Trunks and figure out what's going on. That's why you have some of the characters carrying around Young Son Goku and helping out Old Gohan. There are hints of an "Evil Eye" organization that's been doing the same, so I suspect he's part of that group. There hasn't been much information on the story aside from the timeline from the end of the Dragon Ball Manga (Z) leading up the current time in DBO in the trailers.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 02:13:41 PM by Sebastian » Logged
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 06:37:28 PM »

Bunch of Artwork for the game.

UPDATE:
Seems like you can become a Super Saiyan-esque character when you collect all the Dragon Balls. Overall, I certainly hope isn't permanent, cause I think that would cheapen the game overall unless there's some sort of set conditions aside from gathering the Dragon Balls. And another new video and screenshots. Enjoy.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:40:08 PM by Sebastian » Logged
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 06:18:22 PM »

More necro posting, so sorry for that. Basic gameplay clips for each race. Enjoy and discuss.

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2114-Gameplay-Namek.html

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2115-Gameplay-Humain.html

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2116-Gameplay-Majin.html
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2009, 02:23:15 PM »

I think I'm the only other Korean-style MMO fan here.  Considering the fact that no one plays MegaTen: Imagine here despite all of the general MegaTen love, I'd say most people actively dislike the Korean style.

I however think this looks like one of the great K-style MMO's, and appreciate the updates.  I can't read French or Korean, so thanks for the inside scoop.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 02:26:32 PM by Fei » Logged

Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2009, 10:44:18 PM »

Nice videos. The battle system looks interesting.
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2009, 02:30:25 AM »

Yeah, I don't read Korean either. Most of the updates I get for the game are from a Dragon Ball forum I regular. The sources there are pretty reliable for the most part and I think some Koreans regular there too so there ya go. I'll pass more info as it comes along. I don't usually play MMOs, but I'm excited for this game for multiple reasons. It's not an annual DBZ fighter with more characters with the same move sets and Toriyama's pretty much deeply involved in the project. He hardly does anything Dragon Ball-related for video games, so its cool to see him continue the storyline in one form or another. I honestly didn't expect an MMO, but I know he's somewhat of a PC gamer if his ANN database is to go anything by.

I've been asking for a open world Dragon Ball game for the longest as well and this is as close and authentic as it gets.
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2009, 04:43:51 PM »

Ki/Chi Attacks for each race

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2141-Gameplay-Combat-Humain.html

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2142-Gameplay-Combat-Namek.html

http://www.jv247.com/games/1424-VIDEO2143-Gameplay-Combat-Majin.html

Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2009, 10:01:48 AM »

Looks like we get to see a snippet of one of the time travel quests. It seems like you go back to the time period when Piccolo trains Son Gohan and he turns into the Oozaru (Great Ape) at night. You get to fight the Oozaru with your party. Pretty cool stuff. It seems like the bad guys in your current timeline go back to mess around with the past for reasons we have yet to know. I hope they release some diagnostics of the story soon.

On a somewhat related matter, there's seems to be some dispute over a designer's setting being used without consent after he left NTL. I know this has happened with other Asian-developed MMOs. In any case, I hope the game makes to the States and Europe soon. I'm a bit concerned if there's going to be monthly payments. I certainly hope not.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2009, 08:18:35 PM »

I expect it to be free to play, with significant subscription bonuses along with a cash shop.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 10:21:50 PM »

i wonder how many years until it appears (if it appears, thoug i doubt it wont) until english release..... i say 5-6 years

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: