Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 11:39:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334540 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  So who remembers Freelancer?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: So who remembers Freelancer?  (Read 1267 times)
Od'Dux

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2006, 09:53:46 PM »

Here's a game I've followed a bit, it reminds me a bit of the old space action-adventure games.  I don't know if there are any other fans of those games here (though I think Parn may have mentioned them before), I thought I'd post up and let anyone else who wants to take a look at it or follow it have that chance.
The game is called DarkStar One, it's a kind of cheesy name, the story looks a bit cheesy itself, but these games often are. Space age story arcs have a hard time avoiding cliches it seems, which I can understand a bit. The gameplay is what I'm watching for, if it is anything like Privateer you can bet I'll be all over it.
D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:17:21 AM »

Well, it certainly looks interesting.  I've always got my eyes open for a game that's similar to Privateer.  Of course, since the guys who are doing this made that abortion called Sacred, this'll definitely be a game I try before I buy.

MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 03:45:33 PM »

I think I'm the only person that didn't like Privateer. The economy was busted and there were, like, all of three random mission types. Neat atmosphere and story, but there wasn't much point in making it a non-linear space trader thing if the space trading and privateering bits were... completely inconsequential and lame.

Then again, I used to like it a lot. But after playing, say, Frontier, or Hardwar (which technically doesnt have missions but the economies neat and the whole mercenary aspect is much more transparent and interesting) Privateer just doest seem to hold up as well to me.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: