Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 03:51:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334515 Posts in 13704 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Top Ten Worthless RPG Characters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Top Ten Worthless RPG Characters  (Read 15493 times)
ShadowLaguna

Rattle your goddamn head!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »

Pokemon's Metaphod and Kakuna were so useless... All they did was just shoot out strings.

Not if they were caught as Caterpie and Weedle.

Wii Number - 1981 9892 1002 5530
HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2009, 03:10:27 AM »

Yeah, but Rafa made a really good item finder and Priest with almost no work, while Malak was a really good fighter unit.  The problem with saying any human unit in FFT sucks is that every single one of them has access to all the same classes as everyone else.  So no human can be ostensibly "worse" than any generic unit, and all the generics are good.  Sure, guys like T.G. Cid and Ramza are -better- because their special skills are really good, but just because Rafa, Malak, and Cloud's specials were bad doesn't mean they were actively worse than anyone else.

Basically, on a scale of 1-10, no humans can ever go below an 8 because the generic classes are so good.

I never cared to level them up in any other class because by the time you get them you have other characters already leveling up in other classes and since you can only have 5 characters on the battle field at once anyway thus coming to the conclusion that they were useless.

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2009, 07:22:09 AM »

In Crystal you can catch them.  

Yeah, access in one game hardly renders Magikarp pointless to bother with.

Well, Crystal's the only Pokemon game I played and since I caught a Gyrados in it I thought you could catch them in other Pokemon games as well.  Either way, Magikarp in Magikarp form is a pathetic pokemon.  In the anime series, Team Rocket even discovers that it's more bone than flesh rendering it almost inedible. 
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:28:37 AM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2009, 10:00:45 AM »

i disagree with cloud and the rafa,malak comment. for cloud finishing touch rocks out. and with rafa she can do incredible damage with a pole plus she was fantastic for deep dungeon since she has 0 brave. and magikarp it evolves intro one of the stronger pokemon. soo not useless. plus if you cancel its evolution a few times it will be stronger than any caught Gyrados
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 10:05:17 AM by Alisha » Logged

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2009, 02:27:00 PM »

So he's complaining about mascot characters as if they're supposed to be anymore than a mascot? That's kind of a waste of "Worthless Character" slots in that list.

This.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2009, 02:13:44 AM »

i disagree with cloud and the rafa,malak comment. for cloud finishing touch rocks out. and with rafa she can do incredible damage with a pole plus she was fantastic for deep dungeon since she has 0 brave. and magikarp it evolves intro one of the stronger pokemon. soo not useless. plus if you cancel its evolution a few times it will be stronger than any caught Gyrados

If she had 0 Brave then that would make her a Chicken (actually she'd just outright leave your party before that happens, but still as a Chicken).

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
geddoe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2009, 01:51:11 AM »

I don't have a top ten but some characters in the Suikoden series weren't worth using in battles due to their combat capabilities being mediocre compared to others regardless of level. For example, rune growth wasn't as fast or didn't exist and much to my dismay some of those characters the game made you take them along with you for a considerable amount of time and fight some bosses with.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:47 AM »

1. Start a new game in Daggerfall.
2. Make your character a woodelf.
3. Your main skills will be Centaurian, Daedric, and Giantish.
4. Your secondary skills will be Giantish, Harpy, and Impish.
5. Your minor skills will be nymph, orcish, spriggan, streetwise, etiquette, and medical.
6. You will have a phobia of everything.
7. You will have a low-tolerance to everything.
8. You will take Light Powered Magery - Unable To Us Magic In Darkness.
9. You will forbid yourself from all types of equipment.
10. You will also have a sun allergy.

This is the absolutely most useless character in any game ever. They can be killed by sunlight and are allergic to clothes.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Fadedsun

Sunny Summoner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »

I'm guilty of using Cait Sith for most of FFVII. I thought he was a cool character. He even helped me win when I was fighting Emerald Weapon.

"Oh, a hunter..."
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunderthumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2009, 12:34:55 PM »

I remember when GIA did a poll/feature on useless characters.  Usual suspects were there like Cait Sith, Edward, Jogurt, Qlon, etc.  Edward (FF4) and Cait Sith (FF7) were early front runners and it seemed like GIA's favored pick was Qlon, but the winnner was Pokey from Earthbound. 

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2009, 01:20:47 PM »

I'm guilty of using Cait Sith for most of FFVII. I thought he was a cool character. He even helped me win when I was fighting Emerald Weapon.

Uh, Cait Sith was really powerful.  He's actively a better character in battle then most of the cast.  I cannot fathom why people see him as useless while characters like Vincent and Red XIII who were much worse get free passes.

And I also still can't see how Qlon is viewed as worse than Esmerelda, somebody who requires EFFORT to get and who does even less for your army.
Tridius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2009, 04:08:46 PM »

Pokemon's Metaphod and Kakuna were so useless... All they did was just shoot out strings.

Not if they were caught as Caterpie and Weedle.

And better yet in Platinum if you keep them at Level 15 without evolving they learn Bug Bite which is pretty useful. Attack and Steal an opponents berry.
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 04:16:00 PM »

Hahahaha Qlon was useless.So was Adoring Fan from Oblivion

Scar

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 30, 2010, 08:55:58 PM »

sorry for using a phoenix down on this topic but...KIMAHRI IS NOT A USELESS CHARACTER. He is nice, wise... of course a trivial player dont like him because he can be easily changed by another char in battle. Since he is a very malleable, and be able to grow in magic or in strengh, he is not the  best in one or another. But this is not the important. the important is his personality, his story.
I dont remember well but there's a part when Rikku says something about she getting as good (hot) as lulu and then Kimahri says: "Rikku should be Rikku"
observe his personality and you will see he is really important for the atmosphere of FFX.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 09:15:10 PM by Scar » Logged
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2010, 09:02:33 PM »

He was kind of just an imitation of roles already filled by other characters.
His overdrives...there were a lot of them - never really that helpful. Not exactly big damage done there.

EDIT: Wait, this was last commented on last year? Who even reads that far back...

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: