Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2014, 03:09:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334764 Posts in 13710 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Top Ten Worthless RPG Characters
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print
Author Topic: Top Ten Worthless RPG Characters  (Read 15522 times)
Scar

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 30, 2010, 09:20:32 PM »

EDIT: Wait, this was last commented on last year? Who even reads that far back...
[/quote]

well I was looking for a list with the best characters of all time but I found this topic and this great forum...
Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2010, 04:03:46 AM »

Lord Star from Radiata Stories,Hope from FFXIII,and Sketchum from Pokemon

insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2010, 04:44:52 AM »

Lord Star from Radiata Stories,Hope from FFXIII,and Sketchum from Pokemon

ohhh yeahh, radiata stories, that game had probably highest amount of crappy characters in one game
especially characters like daniel.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Vanguard

I am America, and I hate JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 12:26:42 PM »

Rasmus from Lunar:SSSC should have been on that list. Once he hits level 12, he no longer improves at all o matter how much you train him. I guess he gets disqualified though, since he leaves the party so early.

Thoren: Astronomers fucking love stars and shit. Whitman was a bitch.
Hidoshi: Walt Whitman could beat you with both dicks tied behind his back.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 04:13:38 PM »

I never tried it, but after playing the game I thought a good use of Khimari would be to send him down Rikku's path. She joins a bit later and doesn't seem to catch up very well on AP(I think it was AP, whatever moved you in the grid). So instead of following behind someone else Khimari could get a jump start instead.

Now when I think useless character I think Spar from breath of fire II. Lots of health/mp and defense. But hits for 1 damage and has just one low level attack spell and one low level healing spell. And lots of useless support spells. And one good support spell in attack up, but Bleu has it too.

In fact that that game was filled with bad fighters. Spar, Bow, Jean, to a lesser extent Sten.
Starmongoose
Contributing Editor

Vicious Feminist

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: July 07, 2010, 04:22:48 PM »

Rikkus path is blocked by a two Level 1 Key sphere or something I think, and I think you get the 2nd key sphere 5 mins before you actually get Rikku. It also means during all that time Khimari is sitting there doing nothing basically. Unless your going to use him to get the near by power-ups but that would be a waste as It leads you down a different path and you would have to waste spheres going backwards and then down the new path to eventually get to Rikkus part.

I may be totally wrong on that though, I just never really found a use for him.

SAVE THE PENGUIN!

Here to suck the fun out of games.
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2010, 04:30:38 PM »

I used his Mighty Guard on occasion. Although not necessary it is useful in some places. I tended to only raise his overdrive and only bring him out if a new enemy was to be lanced or I needed a specific overdrive.

A character I actually despised was Umaro from FF6. I never chose him to join in the last dungeon with me.

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:04 PM »

Kihmari is statistically the strongest character in the game if you send him down Wakka's path.  He gets all his big boosts from the center of the grid, and then Wakka's good overall boosts makes him even better.  He only starts to drag towards the endgame where his terrible overdrive really starts to become a problem.

Now when I think useless character I think Spar from breath of fire II. Lots of health/mp and defense. But hits for 1 damage and has just one low level attack spell and one low level healing spell. And lots of useless support spells. And one good support spell in attack up, but Bleu has it too.

In fact that that game was filled with bad fighters. Spar, Bow, Jean, to a lesser extent Sten.

Given that Bleu is a secret character, Spar getting ATK Up is actually a huge help.  He's also got the most shamanic transformations out of all the characters, several of which are very powerful; I recall the Mushroom girl being particularly helpful.  But yeah, Spar isn't really there to do damage, he's a support character, meant to make your other dudes better.

Sten's main problem is that he's a balanced version of Katt; he's got better defense and better magic, but Katt's much higher STR and SPD ultimately make her the better character, so you're going to use her way more often then you are Sten.  He's not bad, he's just outshined.

And what are you smoking re: Bow?  Bow is the shit.  He has a nearly endless AP pool and gets every healing spell in the game.  Bringing him along makes your party basically immortal.  Plus he can hunt for Roasts, one of the single most effective healing items in the game.  If you couldn't find a use for Bow, you were doing it wrong.

I'll agree that Jean is total shit though.  You CAN make him good if you fuse him with the Water/Holy Shamans, as he becomes a ridiculous tank that rivals even Rand, especially if you can find him a Holy or Twin Rapier.  It still doesn't help though, since using that form disallows you from using Nina's shamanic form, which is much more useful overall.
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2010, 10:20:45 PM »

khimari is a highly flexible character so he wasn't at all "worthless"
shana from legend of dragoon was like an exact definition of that because she doesn't have any additions and very low HP, attack and defense.

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2010, 10:24:25 AM »

I remember Starting a "Worthless Final Fantasy Character" thread on a forum around 7-8 years ago. Khimari won the dishonor by a landslide (75+ Negative responses).

Do I still think of him as worthless after all these years? Nah, I just didn't like HIM in general. Nothing too exciting about him. Wasn't one of his moves named after something you use to draw blood to get test results for diabetics?

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Ramza
Enjoying Retirement
Editor Emeritus

TSDPatGann
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2010, 11:18:12 AM »

I remember Starting a "Worthless Final Fantasy Character" thread on a forum around 7-8 years ago. Khimari won the dishonor by a landslide (75+ Negative responses).

Do I still think of him as worthless after all these years? Nah, I just didn't like HIM in general. Nothing too exciting about him. Wasn't one of his moves named after something you use to draw blood to get test results for diabetics?

LOL! Yes, yes and yes. Lancet.

Wild Armor
Observer

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:14 PM »

LOL! Yes, yes and yes. Lancet.

Thank you Ramza. Case Closed.

Avatar Author's sig: Let me know if you know this author. :)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2010, 03:08:40 PM »

Auron is actively worse than Kihmari.  At least Kihmari is already slanted towards magic, which is where all his damage is coming from late game.  Auron has terrible overdrives AND worse stats overall (Remember that his only good Stat is STR, which is meaningless on any character with a single-hit overdrive.  Their damage will cap out at 100k, while a character with maxed MAG can get at least 200k going with Doublecast Ultima or Flare.  And besides that, Kihmari has almost the same STR stat anyway).  People just ignore that because he looks cool, which is also why so many people rag on Cait Sith in FF7 when he's clearly statistically better then most of the cast.  He doesn't look as cool as Red XIII, so clearly he must be an inferior character.

Worst FF character of all time award has to go to Edward from FF4.  He's practically unusable and there's no way to redeem him at all.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 03:10:32 PM by Gen Eric Gui » Logged
Darilon
Level 5 Spoony Bard

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2010, 03:16:55 PM »

Edward is more useful in the DS version although why you would level him up high enough I do not know.

I really liked the end game feature in the GBA FFIV where you could use the other characters.

Luminous Arc's easy experience gains for using non damaging skills made most characters without them kind of useless by the end of the game.

Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2010, 03:46:39 PM »

People just ignore that because he looks cool, which is also why so many people rag on Cait Sith in FF7 when he's clearly statistically better then most of the cast.  He doesn't look as cool as Red XIII, so clearly he must be an inferior character.

You're not wrong that he got hate for being the mascot, but Cait Sith was definitely bad. A few more points magic on his stat screen didn't mean anything, in practice it was a game where everyone could use magic and physical attacks just fine. And he stood out by being bad physically(Along with Aeris, but she's just a temp). And a bad limit break hurt him further.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: