Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:59:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327204 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Do you hate your life?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print
Author Topic: Do you hate your life?  (Read 16523 times)
Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 05:14:43 PM »

I hate my life when I have a week's worth of school work ahead of me...though I'm perfectly fine once I've started it, and know what I have to deal with.
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 05:56:48 PM »

i've been unemployed for almost a year and it seems like everything is breaking now. washer broke.... showers hot water nob broke... now i have to go to my brothers house to shower and wash clothes...and well that really hurts my pride...he's my kid brother i should be helping him not the other way around.

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
Dios GX
Banninated

dios@hidoshi.com GSaviourPrime
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:02 AM »

Going off of friends in the field, the only one who probably knew about the effect is the pharmacist and they probably forgot to mention it to the doctor/nurse.  Do you know how long will it last?

I've dealt with it before when dealing with anti-depressants, which I stopped taking due to this exact reason. I'm by no means a sex fiend, but an utter lack of any sexual testosterone leaves a lot to be desired in everyday life. You realize how much it factors into your everyday decisions eventually, and I really don't like it.

It'll be all said and done in about four more weeks. Ugh.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: September 24, 2009, 11:02:39 AM »

I need to rant. That sort of fits here, right?

Okay see, I'm taking this online Russian course. First week of school, I talk to the head of the Russian department on campus, and he tells me to make an account. I do that. Problem is, I use the same password as my main university password. And it has a < in it because it requires symbols.

Apparently, I was NOT supposed to do that for the online Russian course. Except I didn't know that because the online form doesn't TELL me not to use symbols, and doesn't reject my password when I try to register.

I find out not to use special symbols when the guy from Moscow e-mails me a week later telling me to register for the course.

And there's apparently no way to change the password.

1. Who designs a login system where you can't change your password?
2. Who designs a loing system where you can freely register with improper passwords?

So now I have to re-register and I THINK (I mean, hopefully, because I just did) repurchase the course (and I'm not sure who's paying for it anyway).

Oformit' zakaz should mean "place order."

>8[
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:16:43 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 01:43:56 AM »

Last Friday, this girl from my hometown died in a car crash. I didn't know her, although I met her once when we were dropping off a cookie bouquet for her at the ALDI where she worked after she got accepted into college. She was a soccer player going to Urbana University, and used to be on one of my mom's coworker's (my mom's a teacher, and the coworker's a coach) soccer team. As I said I didn't know here very well. I don't even know how old she was, though she was a freshmen so probably 18 or 19. My parents and the coworker in question knew her better. The coworker was really close to her I guess.

You can read about it here: http://www.urbana.edu/index.php/news_and_events/item/1556/

My mom was telling me that there were reader comments in the Columbus Dispatch saying stuff like she must've been drunk or texting when she crashed. Probably not the case, and my parents were mad about people making those comments.

I get why they do it though. If she WAS drunk or texting, it was her fault. And, you know, if you believe that someone gets killed in a car crash and it's their fault, then it's not a matter of bad shit happening randomly to someone undeserving. If it's their fault, there's some sort of karma or cosmic order. If it's their fault... well, "Hey, I never drive drunk or text while driving. This sort of thing would NEVER happen to me."

I'd like to think it's their own way of coping, although I'm not sure anyone copes. They just fall apart in their own unique ways. I'm not sure whether or not the douchebag approach is better or worse than just saying nichevo and letting your heart go numb to everything. I'm not sure whether or not I'm really in a position to judge.

In terms of bullshit, unfair, random deaths this year, this isn't the first. There was my uncle back in June, and one of our neighbors a few weeks later. And on one hand it kind of makes me feel despondent, coupled with just how FAST college has flown by and the prospects of not really knowing what I want to do with my life and a seeming inability to live in the moment.

And then I think about people I actually knew from school, like Chris, who was killed in Baghdad back in 2007 when he was 19. Or what's really weird is a bunch of highschoolers that died in car crashes -- Drew when I was a freshmen, and Dylan when I was a junior. I try to think about them every day -- and they were older than me then, but it's like, my god, I turn 22 in a few weeks and I'm older now than they ever were.

I think when I started typing this I had some sort of conclusion in mind but now I don't.

Unrelated, but I'm still getting nostalgic for things that... I'm not sure ever happened.

o/` I do not dream o/`

kyuusei
Mr. Lightning Bolt
Administrator

Blame the dragoon.

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 02:25:11 AM »

If they were drunk or texting then sure, the ACCIDENT was their fault, but it's not like they deserve to die.

Sometimes people are acting like douchebags because they really DID go numb and don't know how else to cope/grieve/etc. Not a very good excuse, but true nonetheless.

NANOMACHINES, SON.
MeshGearFox

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: September 30, 2009, 04:42:08 AM »

ffff NEED TO SLEEP MORE INSOMNIA AM MAKE ME GET HALLUCINATE >:C

I wanna live somewhere where when you wake up every morning every day's a new adventure and even the routine parts are exciting. Life just goes slower when you're not miserable and coasting by on autopilot.

---edit---

Okay seriously my biggest issue this semester is this bizarre insomnia, probably stemming from my odd class schedule. No class til 3:30 PM on Monday and Wednesday, and on Teusday and Thursday, I have class from 8 AM to 11:30ish AM, and then 2:30 PM to 5:15 PM. No class Friday. So on M/W's I'm getting up between 10 and noon, depending on how noisy the dude across the hall is or if there's a firedrill, and on T/TH, I'm getting up at 7:30. As a result my circadian rhythms are out of whack.

Additionally my mental censors start going away betwwen like 1AM and 3AM meaning that I get REALLY PARANOID and upset about absolutely nothing for no clear reason, which makes it hard for me to sleep, and causes me to write this asinine and unreadable posts here.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 03:36:59 AM by MeshGearFox » Logged

o/` I do not dream o/`

CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: September 30, 2009, 05:21:56 AM »

I wanna live somewhere where when you wake up every morning every day's a new adventure and even the routine parts are exciting. Life just goes slower when you're not miserable and coasting by on autopilot.

http://xkcd.com/137/

I'm not ever working yet (still studying) and I want that kind of life. I used to skip a morning of lessons at boarding school, just to break the tedium of going to class and listening to some teacher repeat his philosophical musings to an uninterested audience. I'd go to town and explore the backstreet shops I've never been to or lose myself in the little maze of covered markets... just to remind myself that I'm alive and that that my life can't be completely controlled by the social necessities imposed on individuals.

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2009, 08:22:56 PM »

imposed? You should be thankful you have the privilege of getting a western education. People die for that imposition.

Anyway, my life is going great. Graduated, been working for quite a while-- so now that I don't have school on top of that I finally have some free hours at night....there is this disgusting thing my boss is trying to impose on me though, some liberty crushing idea about potentially having to go work in Lyon (France).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 08:28:04 PM by Takezo » Logged
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2009, 08:54:26 PM »

So I decided to add something relevant to the topic instead of just saying something snarky.

I don't hate my life, mostly. I am currently working, making ok money, but on Monday I have an interview for a promotion that will get me around 20k more per year.

My social life is another matter. I don't have many friends that aren't in the digital world. I have not been able to maintain a serious relationship since my divorce. The only person I am really interested in at the moment is in a relationship, so I don't have much of a chance in that regard. So I spend most of my time hanging out, watching movies and playing games. I have even started working out. I want to get back into the shapy that I was in when I was in the Air Force.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
CastNuri
AMG A GIRL

There are no coincidences.

CastNuri
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2009, 05:18:38 AM »

imposed? You should be thankful you have the privilege of getting a western education. People die for that imposition.

Hey, I ain't ungrateful about getting an education (not a western education, only two of my 13 years of study have been in a western nation, I've mostly been state schooled in a developing country). I just don't like the whole of it, that's all. Besides, it's probably my education that got me thinking this way in the first place. :P

"It is a silly game where nobody wins. " ~ Thomas Fuller ~

http://castnuri.tumblr.com
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: