Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 04:19:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
335315 Posts in 13729 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  IMAGINE yay or nay?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: IMAGINE yay or nay?  (Read 3894 times)
Sneexe

View Profile Email

Ignore
« on: March 27, 2009, 02:07:42 PM »

Yeah, I don't play many mmorpg's but i love shin megami tensei so...  Im at lvl 12 so far and I really like it.  If anyone could gimme some noob tips or their input i'd like to hear it. Thx!

ENIX and SQUARE were better seperate. Deal with it.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 02:53:47 PM »

People will always be willing to help you with your Act quests, because the exp reward is given to everyone in your party at no penalty to you (and it is quite a lot).  So, be sure to ask your clanmates for 'help' with your Act quests.

Whenever someone is advertising openings for Sugi Silver, go along, as you'll get much better exp at your level than doing anything else.

WoW got boring, so I'm playing this game pretty religiously.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Sneexe

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 06:48:49 PM »

Thx man.  So far i'm impressed!

ENIX and SQUARE were better seperate. Deal with it.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 03:32:19 PM »

I'm going to start with this today. This game doesn't seem to get any attention around here which is weird considering how popular SMT is on these boards.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 06:35:47 PM »

I'm going to start with this today. This game doesn't seem to get any attention around here which is weird considering how popular SMT is on these boards.

It may not be as weird as you think.

I played about half an hour when the beta started, was bored, and got hit by viruses at the same time and never bothered with it again.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 08:28:50 PM »

Whoever wrote that article is mixed up... first of all, why did he choose SMT: Imagine to pick on?  I wonder why the 'R' is in MMORPG at all once objective reviewers tear shit apart like this.  It's SMT... that DOES make it better.  ugh

Rantiness forgotten, SMT: Imagine plays like Mabinogi - a game that appears to be doing well based on the expansion's advertisements.

Yeah, an SMT MMO should (and could) be 10x better than this... no disrespect.  But this isn't the F2P game I'd choose to skewer.  I guess the bar is higher because it is an SMT game... talk about a double edged blade.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:21:58 PM by Fei » Logged

Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »

The review more or less summarizes what I thought of the game.  Sure I loved the SMT atmosphere, but that novelty faded pretty fast.  Of course, it doesn't really help matters any that I've played MMOs that had more to do in the starting city to do than the 8ish hours I played of the IMAGINE game.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2009, 12:11:36 PM »

I played a bit and really wasn't impressed.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
MeshGearFox

HERE ON RUM ISLAND WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN RUM!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2009, 07:14:10 PM »

Seems like it plays like any other MMO, I guess.

o/` I do not feel joy o/`
o/` I do not dream o/`
o/` I only stare at the door and smoke o/`

Roger S. Huxley

rogershuxley9
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

It's free. That should say enough.
HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2009, 05:23:16 PM »

i have a good question about the game, on the system requirements screen it says you need at least 3 ghz processor minimum which is why i never tried it.  is this true?  it seems high for a mmorpg... anyone played it with lower specs?  if so whats ur specs?

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2009, 09:28:13 PM »

I have played it on a 2ghz Pentium with 768 megs of ram, and 256mb of video memory.  It was fine for skilling up in virtual battle, but I didn't try much more than that.

HolyKnight
boredum invents amusement

98544544 jltidus zidane_6969
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2009, 12:37:26 AM »

i may try it then the laptop i use the most has 1.6 ghz amd athlon 64 bit processor, 3 gigs of ram, and i have no clue bout the integrated video

~Currently Playing~
Final Fantasy Tactics (psp; FINALLY beat weigraf battle at end of chapter 3), Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp; almost at the end), Suikoden (psp download; just started), Star Ocean 2 (psp; just got to second planet), World of Warcraft (pc; The Forgotten Coast server, Level 73 Ret Paladin, Tormentblood
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: