Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 10:01:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Congratulations to Andrew Barker! RPGfan Editor of the Year and now Chief News Editor!
340999 Posts in 13938 Topics by 2222 Members
Latest Member: XanTehMan
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  General Discussions
| | |-+  Take-Two pay 3DREALMS $500.000 to release Duke Nukem Forever
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Take-Two pay 3DREALMS $500.000 to release Duke Nukem Forever  (Read 1315 times)
Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2006, 06:18:20 AM »

Gamespot story.

Short version:
Take-Two are willing to pay 3DREALMS $500.000 if the developer can ship Duke Nukem Forever before the years end.

You know, at this point I'd rather not see that game released at all. They've been working on it for what, 10 years now? With that long in development, chances are that the game has hit some major problems and is unsalvagable. Also, not too sure that the Duke Nukem concept would work in an age of shooters like F.E.A.R and Half-Life 2.
Leo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:50:03 AM »

I don't know. I mean, it took Mother 3 about seven years to release, and it's a simple sprite game for the Game Boy Advance. However, the true meat of the game lies in its originality, humor, and wit.

Likewise, if Duke Nukem Forever can capture that same charm, then it may be a decent game, all in all. Of course, I won't hold my breath. Just saying.
Angelo
Sephiroth's Girlfriend

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:45:56 AM »

Shit, I'll develop and release Duke Nukem for that amount.

D-Rider
Former God of RPGFan
Rainbow Club Member

Solitary One

ChlamydiaBlues
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:46:52 AM »

Man, I remember sitting around in my dorm room during my first semester of college, smoking weed and proclaiming to everyone within earshot that this would be the best FPS of 1998.

Personally, I wish they'd develop this game ANOTHER nine years, because the video game community could always use a good running joke. :P

Dave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 06:40:43 PM »

You know, I always thought Duke Nukem Forever was an inside joke in the game industry. It's taken forever, it's called "Forever"...

I so won't buy this. It'd be hilarious if the graphics are like that of 1998 though. I think that's when the game first got announced.

Losfer
The Pope

The friendliest man on the internet

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 03:08:22 PM »

...Wow.

Well, they won't accept it, cause the game is not ever going to be released.  :P

Cauton

cauton42@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 04:23:08 PM »

Follow-up story.

All is well with the world, Duke Nukem Forever will still not ever be released.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: