Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:09:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327663 Posts in 13414 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  AION Retail Plans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: AION Retail Plans  (Read 4953 times)
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« on: September 10, 2009, 05:15:11 PM »

Thought i'd start a new thread since the old one was getting a little long in the tooth.

Ok, so we have a group of us who will be playing Aion come launch, MOST of us have pre-ordered and have head start access beginning on Sunday Sept 20th. We're going to be on Azphel server at retail, which is an East Coast designated server for Fortress siege times. We'll probably be under the Solaris banner again (for the 4th time) but that's still up for discussion.

If there's anyone interested in joining us please let us know via this thread. Currently we have 14 people confirmed for the Legion, but we could certainly use a couple more - no restrictions on classes currently, but we will be designating officers early for crafting mastery.  I need to talk to our current WoW GM to see if we want to integrate into the Solaris of Uldum webportal and vent or do another one entirely. Will keep you posted, but we will have legion forum and ventrilo available at launch. The goal is to have a casual, semi-hardcore environment that is focused on member support and completion of in-game milestones. We have zero tolerance for QQ and people who are too lazy to read or research the obvious. We aim to be helpful but don't expect any hand-holding. AION is a pretty rough RvR experience, so if you might have issues with ragequit because of getting chain ganked, look elsewhere.

Thanks!
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 12:35:15 AM »

Boo to Canyourunit.com having Aion still in beta.

I'm cautious about the game, but WoW is snooze fest anymore (among other things) and I'm willing to try out a new mmo since I'm low on single player RPGs as well.

I'll probably buy the game and join you guys eventually. It's just a matter of when.  You can throw me onto the list though since, barring issues running it, i'll be there soon after launch.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 03:46:53 AM »

She's still a work in progress but here's the webportal, http://obsidian.guildomatic.com/. Feel free to poke around and give feedback. Still alot of fine tuning remains but it should be completely functional by head start on Sunday.
Kiem

kiemofsophos@hotmail.com Kiemofsophos
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 01:03:17 AM »

My favorite MMO partna...*high fives Stephen*

I'm thinking of getting this MMO and trying it out for a month...
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 09:06:02 AM »

Dude, how I miss "Uma's got nuthin on this!" *crazy dance emote*

Your ass better pick up the game and upgrade to the CE edition. Hell, you should still register on the forums so we can shoot the shit. I put up alot of concept art from the game you'll absolutely DIE over. Still have alot more on the HDD, but I've been getting ready for launch. Do it DOOOO IT!
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2009, 12:52:17 PM »

Went through Steam and got the CE so I guess I'm starting in a couple of days?

I'll register on the forums :)

Just a heads up...I still play WoW, I still  have crazy hours at work during Alpha/Beta and Final pushes and I'm still looking forward to TOR :D

PS: Totally just noticed my sig is sooooooooooooooooo old...lol I don't actually play WAR anymore >.> I had to play...I work for EA!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 01:02:10 PM by Kiem » Logged
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »

excuses excuses. I'll upgrade your board status before I leave for work so you can nab the vent info and look over some of the seige guides I wrote. headstart begins Sun at noon PST. I'll be there leading the charge. Alot of the Solaris folks will be playing WoW concurrently, so its not a problem.
Kiem

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 03:38:57 AM »

I refuse to read your novel of a review!

But coming from you, what can anyone expect but a novel? :P

I'll be logged on at 12PM tomorrow to be disappointed at the lack of log in servers and being booted from the client on multiple occasions! Or maybe not.

Regardless, I'll be there!

What's everyone's names gonna be?
Serene Prophet

sereneprophet@yahoo.com sereneprophet
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 03:16:15 PM »

So it seems I cant use my asmodean on azphel because there are to many of them...so..yeah..plus apparently its so full you cannot even wait in a que...loool.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 03:30:28 PM by Serene Prophet » Logged

-Give a man a fire, and hes warm for a day.  Light a man on fire, and hes warm for the rest of his life.-
placeboblack

UrmnafVolte
View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 02:15:28 AM »

lol, i was playing right at noon! I wonder why everyone chose those servers?
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2009, 01:09:09 PM »

Well the last few days have been hella nasty with server crashes on the whole, but the player shop fix really helped the queue alot. Its amazing how fast people are leveling. Finally got into the Abyss yesterday, still waiting on the other legion members to catch up so we can do the first instanced dungeon out there. No forts have been taken yet, but the Rift warfare has been nutty. I think you should be able to make Asmo's on the server now. We might be hopping to the new East server once they allow free transfers, but to be honest, the crowding has gotten ALOT better. I just wish they would deal with all the rampant botting going on.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2009, 10:48:19 PM »

rampant botting

Called that shit ages ago.  I'm sure they'll eventually (hopefully) put some more real measures into preventing it because I'm sure a fair amount of the US players will complain.  I know one of my good friends is on one of the biggest servers out there (I believe it's the one with Goonsquad on it) and I'm sure that will be a bot-haven until NCsoft does something about it.

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 04:21:34 PM »

Ok, the free month included with the retail package is over, and i'm being told several people have gone back to WoW without saying so much as "goodbye." Those of you who are in legion, who don't plan on playing anymore, please let me know here or via the Obsidian forums - hell even the shoutbox works, so I can free up some much needed legion space. Those who are interested in playing, we're still accepting new players - preferably level 25 or higher, but we're flexible if your old school RPGFan. The botting issue is slowly being resolved, and the queues are non-existent now. The server population is actually pretty solid now, so no worries about a Warhammer-style exodus of players.

Anyway, those interested in playing the game, hit me up here, on our forums http://obsidian.guildomatic.com/ or in-game on Arliman.
mr. nails
Total Games Beaten: 415

Playing: Dragon Quest V (DS)

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:03:32 PM »

kek, i was about to ask, but u answered my question for me in ur 1st sentence of ur last post.  besides ur guild how's the game fairing?  i don't plan to play, but i am VERY interested in it.  i was in a hardcore endgame wow guild until the guild master had things to do and shut it down. :'(  that was pretty much the deciding factor on quitting.  i'd love to get this and i'd most definitely play as the assassin.  even tho i've heard he's horrible.  playing my rogue was the most fun i had in WoW.  playing my ret, while i loved him, just wasn't as satisfying. 

Final Fantasy's Completed
FFI, FFII, FFIII, FFIV, FFV
FFVI, CC: FFVII, FFVII, FFIII
FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, FFXII & FFT
20th Anniversary
Tenchi-no-Ryu
RPGFan's MMO Junkie
RPGFan Editor

TenchiNoRyujin
View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2009, 01:08:14 PM »

Well, we just upgraded the legion to rank 3 which allows us to customize our logo and increases our potential members to 90. I just kicked about 30 inactive members who didn't last past the free month so we could definitely use some good, reliable players. The game itself is going well, still a problem with bots, but that's an ongoing ban process for NCSoft. There's a big patch coming down the pipe this month that will be fixing alot of the xp issues people have been complaining of. I'm really enamored with the game, despite some of its flaws. Sadly, the difficulty is something alot of people can't stand and went screaming back to WoW. The PvE content isn't as refined as raids you might be used to, but the RvR is nuts. To each his own I guess.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: