Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 09:25:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338708 Posts in 13864 Topics by 2217 Members
Latest Member: milz
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Atlus releasing Kenka Bancho for PSP in November
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Atlus releasing Kenka Bancho for PSP in November  (Read 2186 times)
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« on: September 17, 2009, 04:43:43 PM »

Anyone interested in the game?  Anyone played the Kenka Bancho games before and care to tell us unitiated about them?  It's piqued my interes; the whole idea of the literal "verbal smackdown" is wacky yet totally cool.

http://www.atlus.com/bancho/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 05:00:08 PM by Dincrest » Logged

Next bike-a-thon: Diabetes Tour-de-Cure 2015
Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 04:56:02 PM »

I actually caught that from the Atlus USA page on Facebook. It's the first time I heard of it. They had some trailer up, and the game looked fucking hilarious. I may actually pick it up on a whim, when it's out. :D

Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 04:59:43 PM »

There's been some stuff on the Atlus site for a while, but this was on the back burner while Persona and Demon's Souls was being promoted.  If this is even half as fun as River City Random was, I'm in. 

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

I've not played the series personally, but I've heard nothing but praise for it from brawler fans.

I'm planning on buying it day one, it looks incredible.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2009, 06:25:39 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peaC76TC6U4

Don't cry for me, Argentina.

The game looks 100x better than Last Ranker because it has a sense of humor and style.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 09:34:37 PM »

The game looks 100x better than Last Ranker because it has a sense of humor and style.

We have Breath of Fire dragged into its thread when it really shouldn't have been brought up at all, and now we Last Ranker itself dragged into a topic it probably won't have much to do with? Man, what the hell.

Anyways, I'll pay some attention to it, certainly the poll to name it caught my attention.
Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:39 PM »

I brought it up because I think I'm seeing a trend forming.  The badass fighter who wants to be #1?  That premise needs to have a lighthearted charm in my opinion, and this game has it, while the other seems like it might take itself seriously.  That's not so bad, is it?

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
mizuki_no_beatdown
AMG A GIRL

Women are from Venus

mizuki_no_beatdown@yahoo.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 11:49:15 PM »

That poll was a great idea, and not just because what I voted for won. But, yeah, I've been watching this for a while, already decided on buying it.

Playing : Lunar the Silver Star
Recently Beaten: E.G.G.
Awaiting : Red Dead Redemption, Arc Rise Fantasia
ChevalierEagle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 03:25:37 AM »

Looks in the spirit of the Kunio Kun series, i'm sold.
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 01:01:23 AM »

I liked the look of this game when Atlus was releasing the first few tidbits of information but after seeing it in action this is quickly becoming a must buy for me. Laser glares? Sign me up!

Have you guys checked out the official site? It's got some pretty nifty/entertaining/cool info just what it is to be a bancho.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2009, 03:37:58 PM »

Instead of buying this game, let's just go around and fight people in real life.

All joking aside, I don't like beat 'em ups, or 3D action games, but I'm so intrigued by this.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2009, 05:11:42 PM »

Great. Yet another game I can't afford due to all the games coming out this month. :(

And I wanted to taste the painbow too. ;_;

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Willy Elektrix
Lord of the Sword

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2009, 11:58:05 AM »

I bought this game and plowed through my first play through in a single 8 hour session. There are a few criticisms to level at it (primarily, the combat lacks depth). But it nails the theme so well and there is a lot to do (macking on ladies, exploring the town, finding secrets, collecting souvenirs, subjugating punk asses) that multiple playthoughs are both enjoyable and required. Cool game.
Dincrest
Spectrum
RPGFan Editor

Stumpy McGunder- thumps

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 10:49:40 AM »

OMG RESUR-ERECTION!!!!

A year later, I found a copy of this game and played it twice to completion.  The game is insanely fun, if flawed.  I went on vacation, kicked some ass, found a hot girlfriend, and left some other poor sap insanely jealous and crestfallen because I hooked up with the girl he liked.

Anyway, I have to ask, do (or will) any Kenka Bancho games allow players to choose gender?  It'd be fun to play through the game as a sukeban (female Bancho.)  At least, I think it'd be fun. 

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: