Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 10:20:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
332710 Posts in 13630 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sakura Wars English trailer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print
Author Topic: Sakura Wars English trailer  (Read 16148 times)
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:32 AM »

FYI, the Japanese for the Sakura Taisen movie has the worst Engrish attempt I have ever heard (lyrics excepted) - when you need subtitles to figure out what the English is supposed to be, something's horribly wrong.

Anyway, I really wish NISA went with the double disc route for Ar Tonelico II and not cut out 30% of the Japanese dub.  I like to beat dead horses.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Act00

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 08:06:39 AM »

I don't see any problem with dub yet. Look forward to this.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 08:58:01 AM »

That announcement was some ham!

That said, I'm probably going to go for the Wii version on the principal of needing something to play on it.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Prime Mover

All's fair in love, war, and the recording studio

Shattre
View Profile WWW Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 01:14:27 PM »

I think the voice works just fine, but not for narration. Doing the narration in an over-the-top accent (how many Texans actually speak that dynamically) is a bad idea anyway, unless you're being farsical. Having the game take place in NYC and using a Texan accent is especially bad. If they wanted a character to narrate the trailer, they should have used another. Then again, I hate characters narrating their own trailers, it just seems wrong. The game may be just fine, but everything about the construction of the trailer just seemed like bad planning to me.

eelhouse.net
- order the new album

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 2, Trails in the Sky, Bioshock: Infinite
Currently Listening to: Devin Townsend, Dream Theater
Watching: Star Trek: TOS, Slayers, Doctor Who (as usual)
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 02:01:02 PM »

Personally I can't wait to play it and see what all the fuss is about.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »

I think it's that most people have a naturally poor reaction to Texan accents in general.

Pretty much why I admitted it's probably great and I just couldn't stand it at the moment rather than recoiling at it as being bad. Plus it was exaggerated too, which again suits the game just fine.

But until Pat showed me the picture, I didn't know the trailer's narrator was supposed to be a cowgirl or that there was a cowgirl character.

I had seen the artwork/covers beforehand, but I figured seeing her as the first character would also be a dead giveaway.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2009, 03:22:06 PM »

I had my volume up pretty high when the trailer loaded and didn't know what to expect. When I heard the trailer start I thought it was voice from a banner or something D:

But then the shock wore off and it didn't bother me, given a) the character IS a samurai cowgirl and b) Sakura Taisen always has it's share of camp.

Already have it preordered, from day 1 when it popped up on Amazon :p
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2009, 03:43:48 PM »

I don't really have a problem with the voice acting but I don't think the voice over was really necessary for this trailer? Either way, I'm super pumped this is finally coming out.

I don't know too much about this series but was this game made specifically for a North American release? Or is it just coincidence that it takes place in America?
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2009, 03:49:07 PM »

Coincidence, I think.

However, I remember reading something a while ago that hinted that the Episode 0, an action oriented game taking place before Sakura Wars 5 was meant to come out over here, but Sega ultimately never went through with it.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2009, 03:56:10 PM »

I don't really have a problem with the voice acting but I don't think the voice over was really necessary for this trailer? Either way, I'm super pumped this is finally coming out.

I don't know too much about this series but was this game made specifically for a North American release? Or is it just coincidence that it takes place in America?

AND WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG MAN?!

II'm sure Hiroi and RED Company had some ulterior motives for their setting. While it didn't guarantee the game would arrive on Western shores, it certainly gave them a strong reason to bring it this way.
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2009, 03:57:57 PM »

Words out of my mouth, from people talking about the voice not working for a trailer.

I can imagine that voice working just fine when she's speaking the actual character lines.
Jonio

yayuh!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2009, 04:16:03 PM »

AND WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN YOUNG MAN?!

II'm sure Hiroi and RED Company had some ulterior motives for their setting. While it didn't guarantee the game would arrive on Western shores, it certainly gave them a strong reason to bring it this way.

I've always been here, dad. Right behind you. Always. <3

Here's hoping this opens up the possibility of more games from this series heading our way. We could always use more mechs.

Dizzy

死ぬがよい

awe.of.she.1@gmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2009, 04:16:58 PM »

It's nice to have a Sakura Wars that I won't have to import this time. Definitely picking it up.

I actually haven't picked up 4 yet either. I should probably get around to doing that. :P

fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2009, 04:50:44 PM »

I read that 4 was really bad...
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2009, 05:07:22 PM »

"Really bad"? No. But a letdown. It's too short, and has too little in the way of gameplay. There's nothing fundamentally wrong with it, but it felt rushed and like it was just a fanservice release.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: