Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 06:51:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327633 Posts in 13412 Topics by 2169 Members
Latest Member: KopeAcetic
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Sakura Wars English trailer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print
Author Topic: Sakura Wars English trailer  (Read 16095 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: September 27, 2009, 12:16:58 PM »

I dont have anything againts the voices, im a spanish native speaker so im happy while is in english (im learing japanese too, but i just started this year, still is easier (obviuously) to understand english xD), the only games ive played in japanese is the battle games like naruto, that the english voice is really weird, and its good they try to make the voices really close to what the characters are, even if they seem annoying, just by hearing the video i already know that the texas girl will be one of those cheerfull always happy, most probably reckless, that are always ready to give it all, and maybe act first think later... well im done with phsicologyc inspection,  anyway, what i am REALLY againts is the fact that they announce the game almost a year before the release!! god they just want to tease us to dead, they should had announced it on december so i can be in harmony for some months... D8< this is like all the japanese games that are always being announced, and most of those announcement are sad because most probably they wont reach the US and if they will is like almost a year later..  well anyway im really looking forward to this game.

Getting out of topic a little... i just remembered there is one game voice that annoyed me to hell, and made me hate a character as well, from wild arms 5, i forgot her name... it was a kid with a super backpack that can shoot whatever it wants to, darn that voice was so sharp i couldnt stand her talking, good thing she doesnt talk that much... another reason is that i dont know why but i hate kids that join ur party on rpgs, like those little kiddos that normally always appear on every rpg, i dont know why its annoying, its like if they were too young to live adventures, even in my favorite game of all times, wild arms 2, there is a kid called Tim that i hated, dunno why, ive seen more kids join the party on an rpg that, like,  50 years old adults that are pros with wpns or something like that

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: September 27, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »

Amazon has a date of March 31st, 2010 now, ouch.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2009, 03:19:13 PM »

Yeah, weird and gamespot says Jan 4, talk about wtf

Silverwolf X

私にする? 私にする? それとも、 わ.た.し?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2009, 11:43:12 AM »

So.....P3 combined with Devil Survivor?

Something like that. :)

There were a lot of games like these in Japan. Very few ever came to America.

Check out Neal's review of "Piece of Wonder" for PC. That's an example of a very similar type of game.

The Galaxy Angel Trilogy and Galaxy Angel 2 Trilogy are another example.
fates

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2009, 11:47:12 PM »

Yeah, weird and gamespot says Jan 4, talk about wtf

Honestly don't think anyone knows and these are placeholder. Guess NISA hasn't given any official dates to anyone yet.
bigdeath

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2009, 05:03:03 AM »

Wow, that voice......MUST KILL!!!!!

None the less, I think I'll still get this game. Seems like quite a lot of fun. PS2 still lives!
Alisha

Z0eila@hotmail.com Z0eila
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: October 20, 2009, 10:18:26 AM »

Check out Neal's review of "Piece of Wonder" for PC. That's an example of a very similar type of game.

in my experience most jrpg's that combine srpg elements and social link esque aspects are H-games :D

“Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from.”
magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: October 20, 2009, 01:38:30 PM »

in my experience most jrpg's that combine srpg elements and social link esque aspects are H-games :D

Pretty much.  Ironically, good ADV-style RPGs (H-game or not; oftentime good H-RPGs also have all ages console ports) are too difficult / expensive for the tiny eroge localization industry to get ahold of, while they're too niche for the mainstream localizers to consider--rather unfortunate since it's one of my favorite game genres.  The announcement of localizations for Sakura Wars V, the Ar Tonelico series, and Record of Agarest War was a pleasant surprise, however.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 01:41:41 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: October 20, 2009, 05:11:14 PM »

Argg i already want record of agarest war, wht is aksys doing!? maybe less than a month till release and they are not making anything!, not even some screenshots in their page.... i mean im gonna buy it anyway, but darn it!

aquagon

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: October 20, 2009, 11:52:26 PM »

And this is a game I plan to pick up once it's released, given that I have watched the anime series and OVAs, and I've been wanting to try one of the games of this series for some time (though I haven't been on the mood to play them in Japanese).
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2009, 05:10:09 PM »

Well NISA now have its official main page for it! and there seems to be chances for it to come this year! (check the release date) so it may come this year or beginning of next's http://www.sakurawars.us/

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2009, 01:32:44 PM »

So this comes out March 23rd, the same day as Strange Journey and in the same month as entirely too many games to list. Man, how do they even expect to squeeze in?
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: December 11, 2009, 02:04:59 PM »

That's a shame. I'll be playing FFXIII. And Gow3. And Strange Journey. And... crap I don't have enough cash.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: December 11, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »

So is this game worth buying for the mecha combat?  I'm jonesing for a good mecha-based SRPG since I've pretty much played out SRT OG at this point.  I know it's supposed to be "a dating sim with mechas" but are the mecha combat parts even deep enough to bother with?
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: December 11, 2009, 09:03:11 PM »

So is this game worth buying for the mecha combat?  I'm jonesing for a good mecha-based SRPG since I've pretty much played out SRT OG at this point.  I know it's supposed to be "a dating sim with mechas" but are the mecha combat parts even deep enough to bother with?

Well, they (NISA) described it this way: Imagine a valkyria chornicles but with mechas.. O_o, maybe that was the simplest way they could put it?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: