Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 05:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338604 Posts in 13861 Topics by 2215 Members
Latest Member: RPGtourguide
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days or Mario & Luigi RPG: Bowser's Inside Story
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days or Mario & Luigi RPG: Bowser's Inside Story  (Read 3060 times)
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 22, 2009, 12:47:15 PM »

Which one are you waiting for the most?

They are both released here (UK) Oct 9th. Maybe you (US) are already playing them.

I've never played a Kingdom Hearts game, but I have played Partners in time.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 12:54:41 PM »

I already have Bowser's Inside Story and will definitely be picking up KH next week when it comes out. I was waiting for KH more though.

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 12:57:48 PM »

I'd lean more towards M&L, but without having played Kingdom Hearts or a significant amount of M&L I can't really offer a substantial opinion. Then again, since you never played a Kingdom Hearts game you may as well find the first two and play those first, I'm inclined to think Kingdom Hearts is going to play like a PS2 game forced onto a DS while M&L is, at worst, a GBA game upgraded to a DS game.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 01:11:56 PM »

I really couldn't care less about the new Kingdom Hearts, the idea was getting stale by the second game anyway.

Mario & Lugi I've been waiting for since the LAST Mario & Luigi game came out.
Morgenstern
Star-Spawn of Cthulhu

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 04:28:46 PM »

Neither...I can't really get excited about a Mario game (gasp!), and while I'm a fan of KH, the idea of playing it on the DS in full 3D (without an analog stick) disturbs me.
Zool

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 04:52:48 PM »

Neither...I can't really get excited about a Mario game (gasp!), and while I'm a fan of KH, the idea of playing it on the DS in full 3D (without an analog stick) disturbs me.

I have just started playing Super Mario 64 Ds again and I tried the first few stars with the different methods of control. The d pad was no good, not easy to control Mario. The stylus was no good and the little thumb pad that came with the original ds didnít seem that great the second time around.

BUT.......... I tried a thumb stylus and it's as near to the analog stick as we are going to get (for now anyway). After 10 minutes and you get the feel for it it becomes as natural as the analog stick did for the 64.

The one thing lacking on the Ds is more 3d games (RPGs & platformers) like Super Mario 64 Ds. I tried to play FFCC on the Ds and they just don't play right with the d pad. There should at lease be an option to play 3d games with the thumb stylus. But I bet KH is a d pad only game.

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 06:21:52 PM »

M&L3. Hands down.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Ryos
I can has demons?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

Not a big KH series fan (at least not the first one...not in a hurry to resume the rest), whereas every Mario RPG I've played has been pretty awesome.  I'm going with the consensus on this one.

And yes, I would not be terribly upset if KH were removed as one of the SE pillars.

It's never too late to start learning; it's always too early to stop learning.
Blace

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2009, 08:16:14 PM »

So much hate for KH on these boards. I love the series. Pat and I can go giddy over it in a corner I guess...

Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2009, 08:22:55 PM »

Not heard a bad thing about M&L yet. I'm actually thinking about picking it up myself.

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2009, 09:50:26 PM »

So much hate for KH on these boards. I love the series. Pat and I can go giddy over it in a corner I guess...

No wonder there's also a bit of hatred towards Versus XIII here. :P

I also love the KH series.

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2009, 09:57:41 PM »

The first game was really good, and the second was okish.  I just don't think the idea has enough steam to carry it as far as it's trying to go.
imedos

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »

Mario and Luigi by far, though Partners in Time left a sour taste in my mouth.

I loved KH.  One of my favorite games on the PS2.  However, the Gameboy game didn't really capture my attention and KH2 seemed to build on all the faults of the first game and take away some of the better aspects of the game, and I don't see that trend reversing, so I've given up on the series already, tbh.
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2009, 11:40:55 PM »

I actually liked Partners in Time, but that may have been partially due to DS novelty at times. I have noticed I've had a blast with games that I recognize as not being quite as good as their predecessors though, such as Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3, though they're definitely better followups than Partners in Time.
Sebastian

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2009, 04:23:39 AM »

Bowser's Inside Story is pretty good. Better than Superstar Saga in overall execution (being able to do giant Bowser battles, Mini-games with the stylus, etc.,), but that's because of the DS's capabilities. I'll be getting Kingdom Hearts on its release date as well.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: