Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2014, 08:09:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331723 Posts in 13581 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Yakuza 4
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: Yakuza 4  (Read 11518 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 23, 2009, 10:17:10 AM »

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176143

Some details are beginning to emerge on the game. The most noticeable thing right now though is the fact that the game will have four protagonists for you to play as with each having their own story.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Lard

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 12:44:32 PM »

Yakuza Frontier!

I avoid online multiplayer because my brain still works.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 02:47:35 AM »

I finally got around to trying the Yakuza 4 demo on the Japanese PSN.  For some reason I liked it a lot better than what I've seen of Yakuza 3 so far, even though the gameplay is basically identical.  I think it's mainly just the way the story was set up (though it was just a demo, of course, so it was only a small piece of the puzzle).

But this has kind of convinced me that I ought to pick up Yakuza 3 if only to increase the odds of actually seeing Yakuza 4 on the other side of the pacific sometime...

Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 02:49:28 PM »

Yakuza 4 localization announced

And hostess clubs are returning.  Great news.  While I have been enjoying Yakuza 3 there are definitely times when it's quite obvious that content has been cut.  It's still worth playing, though.

nonoyes

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2010, 05:53:35 PM »

Its very awesome that Yakuza 4 will get translated.
I still really would like to see Kenzan still make it but it probably won't :(

Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:07 PM »

Kenzan might still make it somehow.  I'm not ruling it out for a year or two.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 09:28:07 PM »

Alternatively, they go "What the hell" and release it as a budget title when the system's about to die, it's happened for a few games; Sakura Wars itself is something of an example.
Logick

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2010, 06:05:58 PM »

I really hope thats gonna happen, I showed Kenzan to a few folks at work, everyone was dumbfounded when they found out there's no US release plans.

"If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing."
~Malcolm X
insertnamehere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 07:19:10 PM »

Alternatively, they go "What the hell" and release it as a budget title when the system's about to die, it's happened for a few games; Sakura Wars itself is something of an example.

except it was already made on ps2 a few years before it was thought to be dead, waiting to be localized

come get high with me
ba dum tissssss
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2011, 07:01:51 PM »

So, did anyone get this? I've been reading positive things about it but I've never played a Yakuza game. I'll download the demo tomorrow to check it out.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2011, 09:06:26 PM »

Skip the demo, it's worthless.  The demo only shows the battle system, which frankly hasn't aged well and is probably the weakest part of these game.  Yakuza games are about story, atmosphere, and exploring a city filled with loads of minigames.  The demo contains none of those things.

The really weird thing (to me, anyway) is that there was a really nice demo of this game on the Japanese PSN when it was coming out over there.  I have no idea why Sega decided not to just translate that demo and instead made a new and completely inferior demo...

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2011, 09:42:53 PM »

That's just Sega being Sega, Kevadu. They never fail to disappoint in one way or another.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 11:18:43 AM »

I just watched the recap of all the previous games that comes with Yakuza 4. Cool stuff.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2011, 06:56:56 AM »

Holy crap this game is addicting! The hostess business has a lot more...eh, depth, than I thought.

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2011, 06:48:52 AM »

Why isn't this thread in the single player rpg section? And why isn't anyone here talking about it?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: