Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 08:26:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
We have a new board! Pop on over to the Game Journals section and tell us what you've been playing!
338007 Posts in 13838 Topics by 2212 Members
Latest Member: WhiteWishes
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Multiplayer RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy XIV TGS Trailer
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy XIV TGS Trailer  (Read 4629 times)
Daggerstrike
Rainbow Club Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 12:44:51 PM »

So...new update to the site, though it's pretty small (Some new pictures for the armory jobs and a couple weapons to look at).

There is no Ninja or thief-like class. I am disappoint.

They are still announcing more. I am sure we will see both before the end of the year.

All right, we are going to use a fan brush here and uh why don't you take some hunter green and we are going to put a happy little bush right down over here in the corner there and that'll just be our little secret and if you tell anyone that that bush is there I will come to your house and I will cut you.
Raze

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 03:31:08 AM »

I am sure we will see both before the end of the year.

Probably, but I hope not. FFXI got around it with ninjas accidentally becoming tanks, but generally having both is kind of redundant and both classes would suffer for it. You want the exact same thing from both classes. A dual wielding stealthy fighter. They should just go with one or the other, or something in between(rogue, assassin etc).
Hathen

FORUM IDIOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 04:10:07 AM »

Part of me is wondering if they'll bother adding a rogue-like class at all. When you get down to it, there's only really 4 roles to fill in an MMO- a healer, a damage class, tank, and magic damage. There's lots of stuff in between, but with FFXI it became a huge clusterfuck and ended up with you needing to level one of the 6 or 7 of the 20 jobs to be accepted into linkshells and all that crap. With what they learned from FFXI, I'm hoping their goal is to get the balance right from the onset.

But, if the battle becomes more action based, stuff like moving faster, attacking from a distance and such might actually matter. Up to this point too many MMOs are too simplistic in battle to allow anything more than 4 or 5 classes before everything needed is filled up.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: