Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 18, 2014, 03:46:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Subject: Persona 3: FES
Prize: $20 eShop, PSN or Steam code
Date: 3rd October 2014 Time: 16:00 EST
331564 Posts in 13575 Topics by 2191 Members
Latest Member: Zaltys
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users  (Read 27428 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« on: September 27, 2009, 12:01:30 PM »

SUPER UPDATE MORE POWERFULL THAN  ANY OTHER SUPER UPDATE

It has been out since las week but couldnt get into a computer until now :P Anyway here is agarest newly renewed main page! go check it out and see if you find it good for your tastes!

http://www.aksysgames.com/agarest/

Some ppl were asking for it in Aksys's forums so they gave this link http://www.aksysgames.com/agarest/agarest_manual_small.pdf, of course the buttons are for the xbox, since is the xbox's manual ver, but it might help for some ppl who starting the ps3 version and need something to guide them.

Old updates:

Aksys games already announced that this game is really close to be released (my guess, around november, or last days of october?), and it seems it will only be released on the ps3 network O_o (good thing i brough some pre paid cards).
Still nothing on the main page, neither a video, but they made this "post" on their page and they talk a little about this SRPG game with, what it seems, a dating sim part, i like these kind of stuff because it makes the game funnier and more interesting (specially to replay it)

http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/08/28/agarest-war-is-upon-us/

Well so far ive only seen videos on youtube, the battles looks good, and it says that have like almost 100 hours of gameplay without sidequest, it seems some rpgs are finally starting to get to ps3 and im willing to try them all :D. Even if most of them arent that good i havent disliked them.

Here is a little clip of gameplay i found, too bad is so short, as far as it looks, its like a normal strategy rpg, it seems you can use combo skills with other characters, this one is of a battle (44 seconds :S, but well is better than nothing) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5gdPKLzVQ&feature=channel, and this one is story related, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIz2nB0LnPc

I hope aksys games takes out an original english trailer soon

***SUPER UPDATE***

Alright!, i know we will have to wait until next year, BUT it WILL be worthy!, look at this, http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/11/13/record-of-agarest-war-coming-to-playstation-3-and-xbox-360-spring-2010/#more-3238

Now this game is coming for xbox 360 and ps3, and the ps3 ver will have trophies, Also!, the extra stuff they added for xbox version in the japanese verion, will be in the north american ps3 version!

Now i cant really wait for this to be released!!

« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:23:23 PM by WildArms » Logged

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 12:16:52 PM »

How much will the game be? If it were below $15, I'd get it.

The PS3 needs moar non-PS1 classic RPGs other than Valkyria, Disgaea, and Cross Edge. :P

Will it feature this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVreGnkyx0) by any chance?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 12:20:42 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 12:57:51 PM »

How much will the game be? If it were below $15, I'd get it.

The PS3 needs moar non-PS1 classic RPGs other than Valkyria, Disgaea, and Cross Edge. :P

Will it feature this scene (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFVreGnkyx0) by any chance?

Umm since is a ps3 game i dont think it will be 15$ xD, but if its like 30-40, im willing to pay it since it seems to be a big game, and it seems it caused a big hit in japan, they havent said anything about prices tho, well ive played enchanted arms for ps3 and it was pretty decent, the story was fairly good from what ive heard before buying it, as well as folklore, it may not be a turned based rpg, but i think is more like a real time action rpg, umm, Eternal Sonata, was good, too short in my opinion, but it was really deep, it even teaches u about music history in a fun and interesting way, too bad the interaction between characters wasnt that well developed, but i really liked it..., well ... what else..? xD well valkyria chronicles really was great no comments on that one surely u know it... i think those are most of them, but there are good ones coming soon, like white knight chronicles, FF13,FF14, aterier rorona, demon souls and those other ive seen here in forum end of eternity or something like that i always learn the names when they are actually released in japan at least, i think, little by little the rpgs will start to appear on ps3... i have da feeling is just matter of time!

Rofl as for the scene, i dunno if u checked the main page xD http://aksysgames.com/agarest_war/ it will surely answer it, i laughted so bad when i saw the vid xD
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 01:49:13 PM by WildArms » Logged

Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 04:37:49 PM »

Somebody remind me why people are getting excited over an Idea Factory game again?
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 04:41:36 PM »

Somebody remind me why people are getting excited over an Idea Factory game again?

Sausages?
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 06:33:22 PM »

I dont know you, but i learned a long time ago to not categorize games by companies, besides, in my opinion is just a stupid part (no offense it refers to me too) of humanity, to categorize everything, closing their limits,... anyway, i know the games are the ones that makes a brand famous, but not every brand starts good, the atlus we all like and love was barely known until the shin megami tensei series, specially persona 3, i knew atlus since they made summon night, but i never knew the tactics ogre i always loved was from them as well... even now they make some weird games like for example hammering hero, and ppl just buy it because is atlus, the squaresoft as well (now known as square enix), they had their little respect made with their final fantasies (barely here in america), but it all started from FF 7, they surely even had bad games before it, so.. i know  idea factory had bad games, but it doesnt mean all of them will be bad, im not saying this one is great since i havent played it i cant say anything, but ive seen videos, and saw all the things they bring and is something new idea factory havent made before, and as i said before, it seems it was a great hit in japan, so lets just hope for the best, aksys games is the one localizing it so the localization must be good. So please as a fellow gamer, i dont recommend u to not play a game only for the brand.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 08:11:26 PM by WildArms » Logged

Fei

!?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 06:43:44 PM »

I just noticed that sausage girl's pupils are dilated to hell. 

Sex and drugs... all that is missing is rock and roll.

If you re-spec your elduhz and own a Vita - http://twitter.com/BSNursery
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2009, 07:20:24 PM »

I just noticed that sausage girl's pupils are dilated to hell. 

Sex and drugs... all that is missing is rock and roll.
Rofl i wonder how much time u kept staring at it xD

ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:42 AM »

Sausages?
Bananas

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:52 AM »

Sausages?
Bananas

Lol is this from the game as well?, haha it will be more straight forward than i though xD, if anything new pops up on aksys about this game ill upload it here if its possible

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2009, 10:38:24 PM »

Well it seems gamespot have a fixed release date for agarest war http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/strategy/agarestsenki/index.html?tag=result;title;0 , 3 november, dunno how they got the info though o.0, darnn still too much time T-T, there is someone's preview who seems to have experience with the game, u should check it if u are interested.

Something that caught my attention: "You meet many people on your journey including three women whom you will have to protect. Your choices through the game change their attitude towards you as well as your affinity towards light, neutral, or dark. Near the end of your journey you will have to choose one of the three girls to marry, yeah this is where it gets weird. So you marry and have a child. Time goes by and you take over the game as the child. Your new stats are based on your Father and Mothers stats and that light, dark affinity. Now in the 2nd generation you start another quest. You'll get to do this 3 more times for a total of 5 generations. Just imagine all the possible combinations to make up your final character . . . . thats a lot of combinations for one game."

Something else this person said as well is that if u liked the ps1 game called thousand arms u will like this one
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 10:45:09 PM by WildArms » Logged

Lazlowe1984
Restricted Members

Centurion

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 11:11:26 PM »

Hooray for sausages

Dincrest
A-class rider (in training)
RPGFan Editor

I smile when I climb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2009, 11:43:35 AM »

Sounds a bit like Phantasy Star 3 where you start off as Rhys, choose whether he marries one of two women, play as their son, choose who he marries, then play the third generation as Rhys's grandson. 

Next bike-a-thon: PD500 Rock 'n Roll ride (to benefit Parkinson's Disease) October 5, 2014
ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2009, 11:51:38 AM »

I wonder how much will this game cost. I hope it's 14.99 at the most

ULTROS!
Contributing Editor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2009, 11:56:30 AM »

Some "trailers" in English:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIz2nB0LnPc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G5gdPKLzVQ&feature=channel

Looks like Cross Edge

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: