Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 26, 2014, 02:57:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334853 Posts in 13711 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print
Author Topic: Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users  (Read 27955 times)
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2009, 01:10:54 PM »

Yeah i though so too, well the thing i liked from Xedge was the gameplay ( i didnt though it was hard to udnerstand at all) but it seems it have kind of graphics from it, though it looks more enchanted, and the gameplay is like a fusion of Xedge battles and a strategy game? but more fond to the strategy game. I talked with someone that played this game in jap (and understands it, lucky him D=<) and he said the story is pretty nice and the battles are good, the world map is like Xedge but better made and the exploration is not like Xedge (the noobilish 2D "dungeon crawling" Xedge had was the thing that ruined it for me) it was more like a normal rpg here is the japanes trailer, but a funny fact is.. this came first than Xedge -.-''

it doesnt shows much but it starts shwing a little of gampley during the second half, and there are some parrts where u can see the exploring part

Here is another shorter trailer too

Oh and i found an english one but i think is not from aksys games... i think this is the name given for the european release (wich will have CD, not only PSN as far as ive seen) dunno who is releasing this there O-o i think is ghostlight or something, they are lucky they get cd release and can order it with extra stuff D:, well its ok, as far as we get it too

« Last Edit: October 15, 2009, 07:01:42 PM by WildArms » Logged

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
supersonic
Prefers JRPGs

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2009, 04:22:31 PM »

It seems it was released in the UK on October 30. Still no word on when it's going to hit the US. I might as well go ahead and import it if gets decent reviews (which I actually doubt).
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 05:40:29 PM »

Oh yeah i forgot to update.... sadly.... very sadly, this game has been pushed back to 2010, i dont know what aksys is doing, anyway check this thread in their page http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/308   U_U

Well trying to look at the bright side, someone asked why then should he wait for USA release? and then a moderator said

"I would imagine the official announcement will explain why you should buy our version instead of importing the European one. ;)"

So i think all we can do is wait for that announcment, maybe retailer's release, maybe dubs, or book art (though european already had the book and i think something else)

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »

Oh yeah i forgot to update.... sadly.... very sadly, this game has been pushed back to 2010, i dont know what aksys is doing, anyway check this thread in their page http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/308   U_U

Well trying to look at the bright side, someone asked why then should he wait for USA release? and then a moderator said

"I would imagine the official announcement will explain why you should buy our version instead of importing the European one. ;)"

So i think all we can do is wait for that announcment, maybe retailer's release, maybe dubs, or book art (though european already had the book and i think something else)

It's a digital release, so the only additions of importance I could imagine are a dub or the extras from the 360 version.  The UK collector's edition (includes artbook, poster, postcards) is currently available for $63 (including overseas shipping).  I'll give them some time to make their announcement, as I have a backlog already, but as a download-only title their version better be better AND significantly cheaper if Aksys wants my money.

Although, why there'd be two different companies translating the same game into the same language for the same console is beyond me...
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 07:50:07 PM by magusgs » Logged

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2009, 07:49:59 PM »

Oh yeah i forgot to update.... sadly.... very sadly, this game has been pushed back to 2010, i dont know what aksys is doing, anyway check this thread in their page http://www.aksysgames.com/forums/topic/308   U_U

It's a digital release, so the only additions of importance I could imagine are a dub or the extras from the 360 version.  The UK collector's edition (includes artbook, poster, postcards) is currently available for $63 (including overseas shipping).  I'll give them some time to make their announcement, as I have a backlog already, but as a download-only title their version better be better AND significantly cheaper if Aksys wants my money.

Yeah and i cant use euros so im pretty fucked up... -.- so its not like i have a choice, well i hope is worth it, though there will be a lot to dub if they plan to make it, we are talking about a pretty long game where dialogues may be most of its strenght

Patience is a virtue... meanwhile (this is meant for only magus to understand) ill just keep trying to conquer the devil army :D

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2009, 08:01:18 PM »

Yeah and i cant use euros so im pretty fucked up... -.-

You have a credit card don't you?  Most credit cards will convert the currency for you for a small fee (on my card it's 1%).

The content of this post represents solely the opinion of the user, and is not guaranteed for accuracy, completeness, or usefulness.  Any facts potentially contained therein may have little or no basis in reality.  RPGFan shall not be held liable for fits of aggression or disgust inspired by the contents of this post.  Read at your own risk.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »

You have a credit card don't you?  Most credit cards will convert the currency for you for a small fee (on my card it's 1%).

I do have, but we have (in my country) a number of dollars limited, for internet we have like 400$ per year (it transforms into euros if i buy something in euros)... so im waiting for this year to come to get them availiable again, but i tryed in amazon.uk just out of curiousity and it said that i wasnt possible to bring it to america O-o

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2009, 08:18:36 PM »

You have a credit card don't you?  Most credit cards will convert the currency for you for a small fee (on my card it's 1%).

I do have, but we have (in my country) a number of dollars limited, for internet we have like 400$ per year (it transforms into euros if i buy something in euros)... so im waiting for this year to come to get them availiable again, but i tryed in amazon.uk just out of curiousity and it said that i wasnt possible to bring it to america O-o

"Odd" to your first statement.  To your second, you're right, you can't just order it any place; you have to find one that ships overseas.  Ebay is one place you can find the game where you can get it shipped overseas.  There's others as well, if you look around.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2009, 08:25:58 PM »

Yes... my country... especially our president, is what most people would call "odd" xD, anyway ill check ebay, but i still have to wait until januray, i hope aksys games makes a move before january thought.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 03:22:49 PM »

Alright!, i know we will have to wait until next year, BUT it WILL be worthy!, look at this, http://www.aksysgames.com/2009/11/13/record-of-agarest-war-coming-to-playstation-3-and-xbox-360-spring-2010/#more-3238

Now this game is coming for xbox 360 and ps3, and the ps3 ver will have trophies, Also!, the extra stuff they added for xbox version in the japanese verion, will be in the north american ps3 version!

Now i cant really wait for this to be released!!

Im gonna edit this in the 1st page
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 06:37:13 PM by WildArms » Logged

Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2009, 08:58:23 PM »

While I couldn't care less for this game, I commend you for editing the OP rather than creating yet another redundant thread for the announcement.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2009, 09:14:41 PM »

While I couldn't care less for this game, I commend you for editing the OP rather than creating yet another redundant thread for the announcement.

Ermm... that is exactly what i did, i edited the tittle =/, there is no way i could get 1k views in a topic on the first day... check better next time.

And the " i couldnt care less for this game " was unnecessary for the reason of your post

Note to self: must learn to read more carefully xD
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:17:35 PM by WildArms » Logged

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2009, 10:20:29 PM »

Ermm... that is exactly what i did, i edited the tittle =/, there is no way i could get 1k views in a topic on the first day... check better next time.

And the " i couldnt care less for this game " was unnecessary for the reason of your post

That was supposed to be praise. :P  Despite not caring for the game, he was *thanking you* for editing the topic title rather than creating a new topic to make the announcement.

Thanks for the link though.  I was eagerly awaiting this news.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 10:22:22 PM by magusgs » Logged

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2009, 11:16:32 PM »

That was supposed to be praise. :P  Despite not caring for the game, he was *thanking you* for editing the topic title rather than creating a new topic to make the announcement.

Thanks for the link though.  I was eagerly awaiting this news.

Oh ops xD, sorry, i was in a hurry when i read what he said, sorry then >_< i retire what i said, i though it was all the contrary... agh -.-' stupid me, i feel like an idiot now
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 11:40:44 PM by WildArms » Logged

magusgs
Resident Otaku

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 01:17:06 AM »

I've been reading up on the differences between the 2 console versions: the Xbox 360 version has additional voice acting, 4 more CG, variations on some CG (different, not necessarily better), a gallery mode, and additional downloadable content (probably costs money): extra dungeon, extra items.  Rumor has it the Japanese 360 version also introduced bugs that were never addressed (which I'd assume Aksys would fix).  Overall, very minor improvements.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: