Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 03:10:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
327202 Posts in 13394 Topics by 2163 Members
Latest Member: KashelGladio
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print
Author Topic: Agarest war IS NOW OUT! go buy 360 users and download ps3 users  (Read 26798 times)
Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2010, 02:57:53 AM »

I have to wonder if it's a game Sony just doesn't think is worth being sold at retail. The lack of an english voice track would be a factor rather than the reason, as is the fact it's apparently small enough to reasonably be distributed digitally and may come off as a budget game anyway.

Though that's still not a mindset I'd like, if not be worse due to pigeonholing development and localization efforts.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2010, 09:32:07 AM »

Sega being a considerably larger company than Aksys may have been able to work out some sort of deal with SCEA (Really shady...). Could also be that the game itself really didn't make sense to dub considering the content. :/

Sorry, but I still don't buy it.  I read that whole thread and several other threads on the Aksys boards and there was absolutely nothing to back this argument up.  The Aksys people never said this was the case, just some forum dwellers presenting their personal theory as fact.  And I have never even heard of this supposed SCEA policy until now.
How bout, they dont freaking want to release games fully based with anime, and with "ecchi" or whatever (even if this is 20% or less of the game), in the blueray disk because they think the American audience would not like it...?, though ive seen a lot of ppl wanting to buy this game (as in ps3 like in 360) so maybe they will be changing that mentality soon
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 09:37:13 AM by WildArms » Logged

I will beat you with my evil strategy of my evil 1.8 million IQ

add me to psn! the more the merrier!
Madoka

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: April 28, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »

Seems like it'll be $44.95 and need 18GB of space to install.

Link
professor ganson

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: April 28, 2010, 06:56:45 PM »

L.E. arrived today.  The plastic odor of the special items is a bit overwhelming, but hopefully the game itself will be worthwhile.  I'm glad to have a hardcopy of the game because the artwork isn't bad.

Alfa System Forever
Kevadu

Some guy

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: April 28, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »

18 GB?  I'll have ot buy a new hard drive before I can buy this...

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: April 29, 2010, 06:14:43 AM »

So, is it any good?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Jet16

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: April 29, 2010, 02:03:25 PM »

Good and Idea Factory don't really go together.
Cyril

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: April 29, 2010, 03:30:56 PM »

So, is it any good?

I own and have beaten the European version.

It's better than Cross Edge, but it does have some serious flaws.  Not only does it have the same technical issues as Cross Edge, but there are a ridiculous amount of required battles that are completely pointless.  Sometimes you can fight 5-6 battles (10 minutes each) in-between getting two 30 second scenes. There's also the problems of characters lacking uniqueness.  Everyone is pretty much the same with only minor differences, but this also leads to a very balanced game.  Any party and many strategies will work.  The voice acting is horrible.  You're lucky if you can't understand Japanese.

In a review I wrote for the game a few months ago, I gave it a 7.  I enjoyed it overall, despite the flaws.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2010, 10:34:13 AM »

Its 9.2 gigs, and you need 9 additional gigs for installation, after is installed those 9 extra gigs will be freed, im still downloading it -.- but looking at other forums ppl are enjoying it

mjrpgfan

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: May 03, 2010, 12:22:31 PM »

I've played some of it and Idea Factory still lives up to its reputation.
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: May 04, 2010, 09:48:18 AM »

I've been playing it since sunday, and im loving it, 2 problems though, cant zoom in in battles (like what you can do in disgaea) but you can rotate it, and there are too many battles between event, still... after all the games ive played this doesnt tire me at all.

I've been enjoying the story as well, and it seems the best part of the story is once you reach generation 3 (ppl say that, im still in gen 1), there seem to be some choices in the generations, and they will affect how the other main characters in the other gens will react to some events! i think this is pretty cool.

It does gives a Xedge feeling, specially in the shops, wich i always found misterious and innovative (dunno why, i just feel it when im playing it and surfing through the selections just like in Xedge), and there are more options and things to do than in Xedge as well. After all, what Xedge sucked for me is 70% of the story and the crappy dungeons, so i dont mind, and, i even like that the interface in shops resembles Xedges, with a bunch of new and different things, like the skill system and the monster catching thing.

Battles may get tedious sometimes (i think is mostly because there are too many battles non-stop until you reach an event), but i always find different stuff to make in the battles and is fun and entertaining to make the combos, and the game is getting harder as well so just making tons of combos on an enemy wont work, now its getting to its strategy part.

Adapheon
The original hobo with a shotgun

summersdemise@yahoo.com Kal+Imith
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: May 04, 2010, 10:35:44 AM »

I got my boob mouse pad so I'm cool with Agarest War. My roommate bought it but didn't want the mousepad so I gladly took it. The game itself seems decent enough, the sprites and stuff could be more detailed but the gameplay seems fun. Not a fan of no english track though, movies/anime/whatever I'm down with original languages and subtitles but it's just something that in general I don't like in video games.

WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: May 04, 2010, 01:30:04 PM »

Oh yeah, and based on my previous experiences, i think the japanese voices arent of a good quality as how most of the times they are in games, but well, IF is a small company and this is a game with lots of voices, so they must had been low on budget with this part, still is not that bad either, and of course i would had prefered english tracks, but im happy with my games translated and with the extras that only the 360 had in jap ver :D

macirex

mac_luzer@hotmail.com
View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: May 04, 2010, 11:42:53 PM »

Im not interested in this game... It seems so generic.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
WildArms
With my dying will...!

Come on, become a legend

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: May 05, 2010, 09:36:04 AM »

Im not interested in this game... It seems so generic.

Really?, im not trying to make you like the game or anything :P, but personally ive never ever played a game like this, the only problem is that there are too many battles between events, and the battles may take from 10 min to 30 min, depending on yourself, and also there is a auto battle thing, is good when i was too tired to do one more battle and i just put it in auto xD.
But seriously, ive played generic games, and this isnt one of them, but well, if you are unsure, i think ramza is going to review it, so you can wait for it... (i imagine this because he said he was playing it, in another thread).

Btw guys im gonna update in first page as well, aksys gave this link http://www.aksysgames.com/agarest/agarest_manual_small.pdf for the ps3 users, so they can check the manual (some ppl were asking for it in their forums so they gave this), of course the buttons are for the xbox, but it might help for some ppl who starting the ps3 version and need something to guide them.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:19:20 PM by WildArms » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: