Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 06:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334672 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Street Fighter IV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print
Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV  (Read 22037 times)
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 12:33:03 AM »

haha yeah basically. I'm really happy about Ibuki, She was always my second string in third strike. Remy for the win... sigh. Those were the days, I always pick the character who I like the most aesthetically, whether it be physical character design or fighting style, bottom line has always been aesthetics. It normally works out, the characters I wind up playing usually turn out to be decent. Third strike was a rough decade for me.

Street Fighter IV hasn't been much better. This is the first instance ever of Vega being garbage afaik.

Hopefully the Jin pool will get a bit smaller though. I sense a lot of Hazama players are going to fill that void.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 09:54:54 AM »

You're talking to a guy who played Q and Hugo, dude.  At least Remy had a solid defense game.
Takezo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2009, 12:00:20 PM »

That's right, good old fashioned 'crumple and die'.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2009, 03:16:29 PM »

Ok, I'm now 100% convinced that each character will have 2 ultras.  Unlike in previous games like Capcom vs SNK 2 or Street Fighter Alpha 3, they are selectable from the character screen (most likely) and definitely will not have both in your arsenal during battle (barring changes until release... but this definitely looks like the way they are going).  I like that.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 03:22:31 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Ashton
Contributing Editor

Lawful Asshole

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 12:46:44 AM »

That's pretty cool. Hopefully they'll give us some stuff to replace the more useless ones (like Dhalsim's). They need to give Dan a Saikyo Gadoken so I can fuck around with people again. They should also fix Guile's priority, since he only has two moves his priority matters a lot and it's crappy in SF4.

Anyway, on Seth: I've already gotten to the point where I can beat him in a reasonable number of tries. Still takes a while though. Fucking Triple Dragon Punch.

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »

Ono did say he heard the cry of Guile fans and that he should be better this time around.  Whether he gets another move, gets better priority, and/or better normals is yet to be known.

Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 03:22:54 PM »

It's a shame Dhalsim's game has gone down such along way. He was top-tier in the SFII days. :\

I personally don't think Guile needs much tweaking. He's not especially low tier, he's just boring to play. What would aid him I think is to not make his initial sweep a knockdown move (let it chain into the second sweep which would then be knockdown), and give him a slightly more varied speed on his sonic booms. The difference between short and fierce booms is still too negligible I find to be effective. I've seen it well used by pros, but your average Guile player doesn't benefit.

His standing fierce could use some attention too. But these are all minor things after all, and I don't think Guile's due for any major maintenance.

Rose on the other hand... Someone please help that woman. If you're not doing short on Soul Spiral, you aint doing shit with that move.
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 11:10:42 AM »

In further news, you can now kick the car.

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2009, 11:19:49 PM »

Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2009, 05:04:31 PM »

Double posting. 

Some kickass new features were announced today.  Not a lot of details, but screenshots on the Japanese blog site revealed Team Battles as one of the new features (as well as the return of lobbies).  You can choose from 2v2, 3v3, or 4v4.  It's unknown how this will be used yet.  Could be something like Person from friend list a and b are on, so they group up together and fight another group one after the other like team tournaments play out in real life. Can also do random people as well. Badass as hell, but I'm waiting to see how it's implemented before I get too excited.  Championship Edition sounded great on paper and while it is good, it's definitely not what everyone expected.

Japanese screenshots also showed "Game Card" and "Player Info" as well.  There is no further info about this, but I'm thinking kind of like Blazblue.  I'm sure there will be some restrictions on when you can view it, but if you can screen out certain characters when you get sick of playing them then sign me up.

Esper_Crusader

I love you, Dr. Zaius

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2009, 12:16:25 PM »

Guy, Cody and Adon.....:D

*cartwheel*

no link because i'm assuming everyone knows by now.

Currently playing: .

-----------------------------------
"If I can't smoke and swear, I'm F**ked." ~ Ricky
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2009, 06:35:38 PM »

Guy is pretty much my character.  Will be buying, yes indeed.
Hidoshi
RPGFan's Open Source Field Agent

Built This House

clothothespinner@hotmail.com BrandingRune
View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2009, 04:02:31 AM »

I unfortunately can see Guy sucking balls if they haven't fixed the "moving through a sea of vasoline" speed issue. I mean, the reason Guy is an effective character in Alpha is because of how quickly he intercepts and retaliates. If they do to him what they've done to Vega (re: make all his air moves fucking useless), this is going to be a very poor incarnation of Guy.

At least they can't screw up Cody. He just... well. Cody sucks. I can only see him being improved from his Alpha release.
Parn

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2009, 11:04:22 AM »

I will lose my mind if Guy sucks.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2009, 07:05:25 PM »

At least they can't screw up Cody. He just... well. Cody sucks. I can only see him being improved from his Alpha release.

Cody was motherfucking solid mid what are you smoking.  Sure, he wasn't great in V-ism, but his other ism's were fucking incredible and if he had his knife he could punish you for like half life from half a screen away on a like 2 frame whiff.

Cody was here, Guy can go eat a dick.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: