Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 12:16:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
329900 Posts in 13521 Topics by 2179 Members
Latest Member: Lian_Kazairl
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Miscellaneous Games
| | |-+  Super Street Fighter IV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print
Author Topic: Super Street Fighter IV  (Read 21504 times)
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: May 17, 2010, 10:23:16 AM »

I'm up for a match anytime I'm online.  PSN ID: GenEricGui
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: May 17, 2010, 02:55:11 PM »

IPLAYWINNER MAY 2010 SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV TIER LIST.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: May 17, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »

The guy even states in the article that it's just some top player's opinions.  An actual tier list won't be possible until several tournaments have passed by and hundreds upon thousands of matches have been played.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: May 17, 2010, 07:47:54 PM »

Yeah, but it's funny to see a tier list so fast. Can't wait to see some tournaments too, I want to see Makoto, Dudley and Cody players in some serious matches.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: May 17, 2010, 10:05:36 PM »

I'm holding out that Makoto has some secrets to her that will get pulled out at some point, but the numbers aren't really on our side for that one.

Cody and Dudley have the potential to be absolute beasts though.  I think we're going to see a lot of them.
Akanbe-

Cheap? I paid a lot for this hat!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: May 17, 2010, 11:48:56 PM »

That tier list is shit.  It was hastily done and it shows.  Just a couple of high-profile players trying to "cash in" getting the first one out.

Biggest joke on that list is Sagat being mid B+.  Yeah right.

Sorta interesting to see that they ranked Rose so low when everyone thinks she's a pretty solid character this time around.  Buffed normals and a combo-able ultra.

Lol.  Sagat 4.5 against Chunli?  Okay.  Nothing has changed in that matchup from Vanilla except his "toned down" damage.  It's still an uphill battle for Chunli.  Seriously this list is poop.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 11:55:36 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

"Karma is...secret top tier"~Starmongoose
PSN ID: Akanbe9
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: May 19, 2010, 01:42:59 AM »

Even though I hate the goddamned things, they did update and it's a bit more realistic this time:  http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/5/17/update-iplaywinner-super-street-fighter-4-may-2010-tier-list.html.  I still don't get this Abel A+ shit:  good ultra or not.

Kinda scratchin' my head about the placement of Viper though.  I don't disagree with most of the matchups listed, I'm just surprised she came out so high from the numbers. 

Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2010, 04:15:12 AM »

Some "rumors" about DLC characters, and the release date of the Arcade (and definitive?) version of SSFIV.

Also, can anyone here do the Ultras of Hakan? I can't. :D lol
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »

With the release date of the arcade machine so far out, that definitely makes DLC characters and balance changes more likely.  I have a feeling most of the DLC characters won't be very good considering most of the new characters are pretty average overall.

Hakan's ultras are quite easy to pull off - especially with the 360 shortcuts they added in super.  Honestly in most cases you want to use ultra 2 anyway.  I don't see ultra 1 being nearly as useful as the 2nd one considering most people love to jump in.  There are exceptions for opponents with a strong ground game but most likely you're going to have a hard time landing ultra 1 on them anyway.

Oh.   and Alternative costume #2 color 10 for Chun-li is haaawt.  Almost reminds me of her outfit from the alpha series
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 01:30:27 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2010, 07:40:06 AM »

Had a decent performance with cammy today. She's so hot.

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Yggdrasil

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: May 30, 2010, 03:02:20 AM »

Imagine playing with this arcade stick while you play with Cammy. :p
CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: May 30, 2010, 06:24:44 AM »

Imagine playing with this arcade stick while you play with Cammy. :p

Oh man, wtf?

Currently playing: Uncharted 3, Dark Souls, Team ICO Collection, Atelier Totori, Child of eden.
Gen Eric Gui

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: May 31, 2010, 12:58:39 AM »

So I've officially picked up Cody as my Alt. main after Bison, and I have to say that knife is a lot better then anyone is giving it credit for.  Rapid fire P with the knife can just chew through life with chip damage, j.HP with knife is crazy good and can be followed up with MK and HP Criminal Upper for like 300 damage, his standing and crouching pokes with the knife are just 300% better even after considering that Cody has some of the best normals anyway, and he's even got a few link combos he can mess with.

The only problem I keep facing is that Cody really has no way to answer pressure outside of just playing a solid game.  But when he's applying pressure properly, it's almost impossible for the opponent to escape.  It's so delicious.
Akanbe-

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: May 31, 2010, 04:23:31 PM »

They need to ban Justin Wong from SSF4 tourneys.  He's too damn good =P.   I can't wait for Evo to see what happens.  NCR was fun to watch since he did get sent into the losers bracket, but he seemed to just get angry and obliterate his way to the top again.  Having Rufus for a long time main helps a good bit too.

@Gen - Yeah, his knife is great if you get the chance to pick it up.  Most XBL baddies don't understand even HOLDING the knife plays mindgames with people because they're going to think "Oh he's going to chip me with footsies I should block". Makes it easy to get an untechable knockdown and proceed in his combos or cross-ups.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 04:25:07 PM by Akanbe- » Logged

CDFN

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: June 06, 2010, 04:51:03 PM »

Man, I'm tired of fighting kens, I wonder if they choose him in response to me choosing cammy or are there just a shitload of ken players out there? My win ratio against that particular character is about 50%, he can be a pain in the ass when using cammy. I also came across some interesting opponents using more unusual characters like dudley and vega but I kicked their ass. Anyway, I had some really memorable fights today and made some new friends. Pretty happy with my performance today.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 12:36:57 PM by CDFN » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: