Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 11:25:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz!
Persona 3 FES Quiz is now OVER!
Winner was user: Monsoon!
334652 Posts in 13706 Topics by 2200 Members
Latest Member: Rgeneb1
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  Media
| |-+  Single-Player RPGs
| | |-+  Final Fantasy on the VC
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Final Fantasy on the VC  (Read 1005 times)
Aeolus
This is the Monado's Powerbomb!

Little did he know, the fall damage would KO him.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: October 05, 2009, 11:12:51 AM »

Not like its worth it compared to the Origins version (or the dozen or so other versions out there right now), but at least it shows that SE finally seems to be removing that stick up their ass. Here's hoping for some Romancing SaGa and Bahamut Lagoon goodness.

Also I wonder if they'll call FFs IV and VI FFs 2 and 3 respectfully when they're released?

In my vision, I see that one of us is going to KO the other.
ULTROS!
People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »

FFI, FFII, and FFVIII are released on the PSN too but that's in Japan, just sharing. :P

I hear FFVIII will be coming soon in the PSN according to one of the PSBlog staff's comment.

Anyway, cool to hear but FF1 has been released almost everywhere: NES, PS1, GB, PSN, VC, PSP.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 12:28:33 PM by Hoshino_Kid » Logged

"I feel ugly, I need a hard drink" - Maribel of Dragon Quest VII

Eusis
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 04:28:12 PM »

Not like its worth it compared to the Origins version (or the dozen or so other versions out there right now), but at least it shows that SE finally seems to be removing that stick up their ass.

Origins? Yes. The other versions? Not so much. They dummied down the difficulty too much by all accounts and changed the MP system, at best you get a unique experience with both the original and the GBA/PSP remakes. Origins however manages to deliver both, so when that hits the PSN or if you live near a Fry's that STILL has it in stock that's the definitive version for anyone who isn't simply nostalgic.

I did get it though, I'd like to play through the original version even if Origins allows me to keep the difficulty without some of the stupider design quirks.

Edit: Hoshino, you forgot WonderSwan, Mobile, and MSX.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 04:36:00 PM by Eusis » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: