Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 06:46:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
RPGFan Community Quiz
Next Quiz Date: January 11, 2014
Subject: 999 (Nintendo DS)
For more information click HERE!
319198 Posts in 13033 Topics by 2145 Members
Latest Member: aew0
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  RPGFan Message Boards
|-+  The Rest
| |-+  The Helper Monkey
| | |-+  Computer related questions.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Computer related questions.  (Read 952 times)
Masamune

XzMaSaMuNezX
View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2006, 03:40:02 AM »

Lately my video card hasn't been acting so well.  The fan on the card makes noises sometimes.  It could just be dust or the card is dying.

I've noticed when I start up my computer lately there is a very shrill constant noise.  It usually goes away once I get to Windows.  Also, sometimes if I look at a picture file and it's large enough for me to need to scroll, my computer will occasionally make noises as I'm scrolling.  All of the noises are kind of high pitched beepish sounds.

I'm just wondering if my video card is dying, or if it's something more serious?

Dade
Rainbow Club Member

D-Rider's Pacific NW Counterpart

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 04:01:29 AM »

You might pop open the case and take a physical look at the fan on your video card (you DO have a fan on it right?) At any rate....look at the fan and take a can of compressed air and give it a couple sweeps over it.

If the sound doesnt go away another option is to grab a friend's video card and swap them out (no friends? uh.....good luck in that department). If you keep hearing the noise with a different video card then it could be the fan on your motherboard...which is a bigger pain in the ass.

Good luck, Maz.....diagnosing sounds on a computer is quite difficult.

Twitter: (at)toddjaynes
XBL: ToddJameson
PSN: toddjameson
Steam: DadeMcLaren

Playing: ACIV: Black Flag (surprisingly awesome!), XCOM: Enemy Within, The Last of Us (finally).
"Resident Evil 6 is a Michael Bay movie." ~Jim Sterling
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: